Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79272 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : High society tea party
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2014, 06:26:44 pm »

Moskar looks sharply over as the insectoid addresses him. "...What?"

He looks the creature up and down for any identifying features, gives up, and narrows his eyes thoughtfully. It must be an employee here, some sort of scribe, he figures.
Without wasting any more time, he gestures with a clawed hand towards the shelves of books.
"Sir Artor The Tenaciousss, you know of him? I seek to learn more of him, who he served and what battless he fought."

>Ask the strange insectoid about Sir Artor, whilst inspecting it for any signs of a threat.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2014, 06:50:22 am »

All right, now that is settled... Need a fence. Or maybe... No, a fence first. Shut up. Shut up, you, your time is later.

Try to find somebody to fence the bracelets, preferably somewhere not affiliated with Gor'Buttface.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2014, 12:09:05 pm »

Moskar looks sharply over as the insectoid addresses him. "...What?"

He looks the creature up and down for any identifying features, gives up, and narrows his eyes thoughtfully. It must be an employee here, some sort of scribe, he figures.
Without wasting any more time, he gestures with a clawed hand towards the shelves of books.
"Sir Artor The Tenaciousss, you know of him? I seek to learn more of him, who he served and what battless he fought."

>Ask the strange insectoid about Sir Artor, whilst inspecting it for any signs of a threat.
"What is your business here, lizard-stranger? Do you seek knowledge or are you looking for someone?"

Assist the lizardman if he needs help, otherwise look for books on metallurgy.

((In bugspeak, titles are suffixed. Certain words are replaced by compound phrases, especially when in relation to a person.))
Moskar and Garm team up to go look for information about Sir Artor the Tenacious. They enter the library together and start looking through the history shelves. There are, to their dismay, a lot of books here in languages they don't even understand and some that are so old they are simply falling apart. [5][4] Neither Garm nor Moskar has much success in finding anything about Sir Artor in particular. They do manage to come up with a few history books about the founding of the Empire, where they find some mentions of persons called Artor. Most of the books they found have badly deteriorated, so only partial excerps can be read.

"...the seven knights of the first emperor, Knight Artor was said to have been a giant of man, unbeatable in combat and..."

"...leader of the imperial dragoons during the second expansion, Sir Artor led the charge during the battle of Grey mountain, breaking the enemy lines. This marked the turning point in the war..."

After Garm turns a page and accidentally ends up ripping of 18 pages, the two decide they might better leave these particular books alone.

Garm, leaving Moskar at the table, goes to look for books on metallurgy. [2] He finds a book with metal in the titel, but it seems to be some kind of college thesis by a young mage about some theoretical mumbo jumbo concerning magic powered instruments. It is dated 632 A.F.

"Was there anything... different about the man?"
"Yes, lovely Lady Loradove, tell us about the man! Any interesting mannerisms, particular interests, social connections and so forth you could discern? I assume you must be quite skilled in assessing the worth and means of a human being from conversation, yes?"
"Hmm, I don't recall him being all that strange. I suppose one might find it somewhat odd that someone would be in the middle of the woods without a horse or in their best suit. He made a lot of jokes and seemed to enjoy laughing a lot. Over all, he was a rather charming man."

She goes on to ramble on how charming and handsome he was, going on for a good ten minutes. You try to interrupt her, but it's as if you were talking to a all. You simply smile and nod, enjoying the tea.

Tomo's grin is briefly replaced with a perplexed frown at the thug's response. They didn't seem intimidated at all by her... Could they be... professionals? Did they know what what they were dealing with? She even threatened to eat them; how could they be used to that? Just what kind of town was this?!

She shakes her head, and her grin and confident posture return. No, threatening her like that, they couldn't know what they were dealing with-- and that meant she still had the element of surprise!

"Spoked like a true badguy! Huttah!"

Huck the lightning stone at the ground in front of the thugs as hard as I can! If it doesn't do anything, use the distraction to rush them and go for their throats!
Undeterred by the two seemingly professional henchman looking at you threatening, you throw the stone at the ground in front of them. [7+2] The stone shatters into little pieces and nothing happens. The two men smile and the one on the left takes a step forwards. At that moment a ear-splitting crack can be heard and a bolt of lightning shoots down from the skies and lands right where you threw the stone. The lighting arcs in different directions, hitting the two men square in the chest, sending them flying backwards. A smaller arc hits the third man, knocking him down.

The light blinded you for a moment, but after about 15 seconds you can see clearly again. Your ears are still ringing as you gingerly make your way over to the men. The two who were about to attack you are both very dead, there skin and clothes mostly burned by the intensity of the lightning bolt. The third man seems thoroughly unconscious, but otherwise only lightly singed. The man they were beating up seems to have fainted as well.

All right, now that is settled... Need a fence. Or maybe... No, a fence first. Shut up. Shut up, you, your time is later.

Try to find somebody to fence the bracelets, preferably somewhere not affiliated with Gor'Buttface.
You scour the city, looking for someone to peddle your ill-gotten gains to. [6+1] You find your fence in a place you wouldn't have imaged, the middle of the market. His stall isn't anything more than a carpet with a selection of random items on it.

"Yes, friend, I can take the jewels from your 'dead grandma' off your hands. Let me see them...hmmm...decent quality, I'll give you 125 coins for them." You open your mouth, but he cuts you off. "No haggling on these here goods, I'm afraid. Take it or leave it." Figuring you probably won't get any better price elsewhere in this town, you accept.

Bracelets lost, 125 gold gained.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2014, 12:34:05 pm »

"Well this can't be good."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2014, 12:37:53 pm »

"No, it can't. I suppose we'll have to find this mysterious man to sort everything out."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2014, 02:47:08 pm »

Hush, now, I'll get better. Hmmm...

Leave at least 100 coins in my pocket, stuff as many as I comfortably can into my boots. Buy a piece of paper, a writing implement, and a backpack (unless I have one by default) in the market. Find an empty alley. Write "Today I stole two silver bracelets from a small house on (N) street" on a piece of paper, then hide it under a cobblestone along with a single coin.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2014, 02:55:04 pm »

"No, it can't. I suppose we'll have to find this mysterious man to sort everything out."

"Yes, we must locate that charming, handsome man in the fine suit without a horse! I see no problems whatsoever!"

Keep listening to lovely Lady Loradove - mark any salient facts carefully, such as particular traits within the subset of our quarry's handsomeness and the particular character of his jokes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:31:22 pm by Harry Baldman »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2014, 03:24:27 pm »

Attempt to read book. If it's too complex, find a better book.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2014, 03:29:41 pm »

"Yes, we must locate that charming, handsome man in the fine suit without a horse! I see no problems whatsoever!"

"Worse case scenario is that someone has to act as bait. Hopefully it won't come to that though."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2014, 10:53:17 pm »

"Worse case scenario is that someone has to act as bait. Hopefully it won't come to that though."
"If we need bait it's going to be either you or me, isn't it?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2014, 10:54:47 pm »

"If we need bait it's going to be either you or me, isn't it?"

"Probably... We'll see."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2014, 11:22:40 pm »

Awaken from drunken stupor in a strange place. Again.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 23, 2014, 09:25:40 am »

Hush, now, I'll get better. Hmmm...

Leave at least 100 coins in my pocket, stuff as many as I comfortably can into my boots. Buy a piece of paper, a writing implement, and a backpack (unless I have one by default) in the market. Find an empty alley. Write "Today I stole two silver bracelets from a small house on (N) street" on a piece of paper, then hide it under a cobblestone along with a single coin.
You stuff a bunch of coins in your boots and put the rest in your pockets. You wiggle you toes and feet to make sure everything is as comfortable as it's going to get. You buy some paper, ink and a quill for 3 coins and head for a deserted alley. You go look around for a loose piece of stone and after some time you spot one that seems to be in a somewhat bad state. You grab hold of it and wiggle it furiously, the stone giving way more and more. Finally it's loose, and you fall on your ass from the sudden release. You take your paper and write down your crime, then put it under the stone along with a single gold coin. You place the stone back on top and make a mental note of the exact place.

Keep listening to lovely Lady Loradove - mark any salient facts carefully, such as particular traits within the subset of our quarry's handsomeness and the particular character of his jokes.
You keep listening, smiling and nodding politely, to Lady Loradove going on and on and on about the stranger. Amongst the sea of useless information, you do happen to catch a few drops of potentially usefull information. The stranger apparently had a very fancy cane, the grip was a golden sculpture of some kind of animal, though she cannot recall what kind. The suit was a crimson colour with a bright green handerkchief in the breastpocket, and his eyes were hidden behind darkened glasses. The last piece of information is that he wore a sort of bracelet with small bells attached to it.

After what seems like an eternity, Lady Loradove excuses herself to her chambers as she's still feeling somewhat woozy, having been hit in the head by a frozen turkey not 24 hours prior.

Attempt to read book. If it's too complex, find a better book.
Even though the book isn't what you wanted, you attempt to read it anyway. [10] Man, this shit is pretty baller. It talks about how magic infused crystals can be linked with certain metals inside of an instrument to amplify the sound created. You sketch some of the diagrams inside of your head, correcting one or two mistakes the mage made while you're at it. You think that with an extra part, containing crystals that you can move to increase or decrease the distance between them, you might even be able to make it so you can change the sound completely. The book is mostly just about guitars, but you're pretty certain you could expand this to other instruments as well with some work. This stuff is so interseting to you that, in your sudden explosion of enthousiasm,  you decide to tear out the most important pages from the book.

Awaken from drunken stupor in a strange place. Again.
You wake with a jolt, looking around you to find out where you've ended up. It seems like you fell asleep inside of the church of Solaris in the city of Belgrad, on one of the benches along the wall. Someone has been kind enough to put a blanket on you, how thoughtful.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 23, 2014, 09:30:59 am »

((This is gonna be some kinda trickster/seducer spirit/god, isn't it?  And the ones going after it are two socially awkward young naive women and an insane clown. This will end badly.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 23, 2014, 03:12:04 pm »

Take the pages back to the blacksmith and try to replicate the magic thing.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54