Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87571 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #630 on: January 12, 2014, 03:56:32 pm »

I plan on teaching the UW how to meditate, in lieu of spellcasting :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 12, 2014, 03:58:07 pm »

See, the Ultimate Warrior supports new and innovative applications for rules!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 12, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »

Question: Instead of free LA for Tier 4- classes, could we gestalt two tier 4- classes? There's a very specific type of build/guy I want to make...

Don't worry, it's not some sort of uber-death-charger or anything like that(though that would be very fun in general I think). It's a Barbarian/Monk going into Starmetal Adept. Well, that is, if Starmetal Adept's DR is any good compared to Barbarians with the rule changes. I want to make grapple tank.

The problem is that without free LA, I can't get the constitution sufficient to make this build work. :\

The Rock says: The Rock says: The Rock says...

Edit: This is a backup character, though if my character dies there's a decent chance the whole party will, even with two clerics.

All my undead stop being controlled as soon as I die. And I made them badass.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 12, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »

...if my character dies there's a decent chance the whole party will, even with two clerics.
Turn undead! TURN UNDEAD!!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 12, 2014, 04:38:51 pm »

I think the Ultimate Warrior would be too stupid to be dominated.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 12, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »

...if my character dies there's a decent chance the whole party will, even with two clerics.
It's based on HD. My Unkillable Half-Dragon Zombie Minotaur(I'd actually like it to be Dragonkin, but the HD there is too high for me to animate) is 12 HD. Too high for you guys to Turn/Rebuke. Although you might be able to Command(I don't think you'd want to destroy them, nor would I want you to with how expensive they were to make) the skeletons, and turn/rebuke the lesser zombies.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 12, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »

Well, I'm not sure my actions would be any different. My protocol for combat is as follows.

1. Identify Things.
2. Determine Whether to Shoot the Things or Smash the Things.
3a. Shoot the Things.
3b. Determine Which Smasher to Smash With.
4. Smash the Things.
5. Rinse and Repeat.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 12, 2014, 05:05:52 pm »

It's based on HD. My Unkillable Half-Dragon Zombie Minotaur(I'd actually like it to be Dragonkin, but the HD there is too high for me to animate) is 12 HD. Too high for you guys to Turn/Rebuke. Although you might be able to Command(I don't think you'd want to destroy them, nor would I want you to with how expensive they were to make) the skeletons, and turn/rebuke the lesser zombies.
I would have taken Spontaneous Cure and Rebuke/Command Undead if I could. It's a neat mix of good and evil which fits with both the nigh-apathetic nature of Io and the somewhat aloof, pragmatic personality of Drakruldus. But the rules don't allow it, so I can only turn undead.

Well, I'm not sure my actions would be any different. My protocol for combat is as follows.

1. Identify Things.
2. Determine Whether to Shoot the Things or Smash the Things.
3a. Shoot the Things.
3b. Determine Which Smasher to Smash With.
4. Smash the Things.
5. Rinse and Repeat.
That step has you smashing things after shooting them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 12, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »

I would have taken Spontaneous Cure and Rebuke/Command Undead if I could. It's a neat mix of good and evil which fits with both the nigh-apathetic nature of Io and the somewhat aloof, pragmatic personality of Drakruldus. But the rules don't allow it, so I can only turn undead.
You could have asked for homeruling.

Although the way you put it sounds like Inflicting and Turning would fit better.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 12, 2014, 05:10:57 pm »

If I shoot things, I can't smash them, so my brain skips the step.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2014, 05:22:44 pm »

Skitter searches the nearby area for fresh carrion or other dead things, preferably humanoid, as he feels uncomfortable without a servant of some kind.
Just wait until you see how things turn out with the people Corfax is sneaking up on. You might have a few free minions coming up in a minute or two. Hehe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 12, 2014, 05:25:52 pm »

You could have asked for homeruling.
Although the way you put it sounds like Inflicting and Turning would fit better.
Eh.
I don't see why, and besides, what use is Inflict compared to Cure?
Sig

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 12, 2014, 05:41:50 pm »

Question: Instead of free LA for Tier 4- classes, could we gestalt two tier 4- classes? There's a very specific type of build/guy I want to make...

Don't worry, it's not some sort of uber-death-charger or anything like that(though that would be very fun in general I think). It's a Barbarian/Monk going into Starmetal Adept. Well, that is, if Starmetal Adept's DR is any good compared to Barbarians with the rule changes. I want to make grapple tank.

The problem is that without free LA, I can't get the constitution sufficient to make this build work. :\

Edit: This is a backup character, though if my character dies there's a decent chance the whole party will, even with two clerics.

I'm going to say no simply because I don't really have any idea how gestalt works, and I don't want to have to beat you to death with GM fiat and a Nerfbat later in the game, because that's no fun for you OR for me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 12, 2014, 05:45:03 pm »

I'm going to say no simply because I don't really have any idea how gestalt works, and I don't want to have to beat you to death with GM fiat and a Nerfbat later in the game, because that's no fun for you OR for me.
Essentially, when you Gestalt you take two classes and combine the best features of each into one class. So, for example, a gestalted Fighter/Wizard would have d10 hit die, full BAB, and the best saves from both Fighter and Wizard, along with the Fighter's bonus feats and proficiencies and the Wizard's spellcasting ability and feats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 12, 2014, 05:57:44 pm »

That sounds... incredibly powerful. Not to mention that wizard is the most prominent tier 1 class for a reason. A wizard with a fighter's BAB, feats, and saves would be absolutely insane, removing the one weakness they have. Besides, IIRC we only get 0.5 LA per level in tier 4 classes and 1 LA per level in tier 5 classes, so you wouldn't really get much that you couldn't do better by multiclassing and taking a template or two.

e: And the possibility of rogue undead in our party makes me even more happy that I took the Penetrating Strike ACF in place of Trap Sense. 50% sneak attack damage is better than nothing. :/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:00:36 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47