Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87557 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #600 on: January 11, 2014, 10:41:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure they do. They're listed in the MiC as granting "+6 enhancement bonus to Dex", which seems to imply that they boost your core Dex score, and in turn everything that affects. Gloves of Dexterity +6 have a market price of 36,000gp, by the by. That's a really big item at this stage in the game, effectively doubling your WBL.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 11, 2014, 10:43:07 pm »

Pretty much everything I offered them was at least 1/3rd of the current WBL, to 2/3rds. Taricus lucked out because I finally got frustrated trying to find something that would benefit the Warblade part of him/was gimmicky, and just gave him a straight stat boost.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 11, 2014, 10:45:02 pm »

Still prefer my racial templates :P.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 11, 2014, 10:47:12 pm »

Pretty much everything I offered them was at least 1/3rd of the current WBL, to 2/3rds. Taricus lucked out because I finally got frustrated trying to find something that would benefit the Warblade part of him/was gimmicky, and just gave him a straight stat boost.
A straight stat boost worth more than others' entire inventories. I'd go with +4. Still about half our current wealth.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 11, 2014, 10:49:19 pm »

A straight stat boost worth more than others' entire inventories. I'd go with +4. Still about half our current wealth.
Yeah, the MiC has three variants; the +4 ones are 16,000 gold. It's his character, of course, but with his ability scores he might be able to use a Str or Con boost more, though. Such as, for example, a Belt of Giant Strength +4. But that's just, like, my opinion, man.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 11, 2014, 10:50:28 pm »

The Gloves of Dexterity, Belt of Giant Strength, and such are all in the DMG, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 11, 2014, 10:54:42 pm »

Well, I'm going to do somethng so shocking and unexpected that no-one will ever guess it!

And yeah, I'm playing a melee fighter with 10 STR and no weapon finesse. What of it? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 11, 2014, 10:56:51 pm »

Yeah, the MiC has three variants; the +4 ones are 16,000 gold. It's his character, of course, but with his ability scores he might be able to use a Str or Con boost more, though. Such as, for example, a Belt of Giant Strength +4. But that's just, like, my opinion, man.  :P

In case you haven't noticed, I'm pretty easy to get along with. :P Most everyone else got: Permanent concealment, extra actions, or teleportation. OR they have stat boosts much higher than +6 dexterity.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 11, 2014, 10:59:02 pm »

Are you also going to multiclass into wizard?  :P

Hehe. I know that Warblades get a lot of pretty cool class features that scale with the Int modifier, but you don't look like you're building a crit machine...

In case you haven't noticed, I'm pretty easy to get along with. :P Most everyone else got: Permanent concealment, extra actions, or teleportation. OR they have stat boosts much higher than +6 dexterity.
It's not our fault the people who wrote the market value tables didn't think to put a price on bearing the child of an ancient and powerful being.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 11, 2014, 11:07:54 pm »

I'm half expecting Taricus to have Irlitrix to tell the Dragon to keep his gauntlets... o.O

It's not our fault the people who wrote the market value tables didn't think to put a price on bearing the child of an ancient and powerful being.  :P

Think of it this way: With LA 4, you are technically a 10th level character, right? So everyone else should have a 10th level character's WBL to be about even. :P (This wasn't how I picked the items, btw.)
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 11, 2014, 11:31:27 pm »

Wasn't the LA supposed to reward us for choosing to not be able to make reality our bitch?  :P

All kidding aside, the bonuses granted by a good template or two are far more effective than anything an item even remotely appropriate for our WBL could grant. Hell, just the Dark template alone (which was only worth 1 LA) gave me +10ft speed, Hide in Plain Sight, Resistance: Cold 10, +8 to Hide, and +6 to Move Silently. There are very few items less than equal to my WBL that I'd consider better than that, and that's ignoring all of the goodies from being one of Great Fiery-Heart-Of-The-Mountain's children.

Basically, I'd have shot for things that directly complement a specific class or build (like the belt would have been for me, hehe), or failing that, ones that give damned good extra features (like that Cloak of Displacement), as opposed to flat boosts to ability. But like I said, [The Big Lebowski]. That's not to say +4 to an ability score is bad, just that it provides something inferior to a template, rather than different than one.

3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 11, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »

Wasn't the LA supposed to reward us for choosing to not be able to make reality our bitch?  :P
Yep. The GM was intimidated by racial stat upgrades. Which is really weird, considering I only have a +7 Intimidate modifier.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 11, 2014, 11:39:47 pm »

Yep. The GM was intimidated by racial stat upgrades. Which is really weird, considering I only have a +7 Intimidate modifier.

And a +28 attack bonus. -.-
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 11, 2014, 11:43:34 pm »

When I saw that sheet my immediate expectation for the campaign switched to "There are going to be lots of incorporeal creatures and things that force Will saves, aren't there?"

I'm fearing the day we encounter something capable of confusing/dominating the Ultimate Warrior. All that scary and only +2 to his Will save is a frightening thing.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 11, 2014, 11:52:26 pm »

"Oh hey, that's a nice Ultimate Warrior you have there. Sure is an awful happenstance that I, a monster capable of dominating people with low will saves, am forced to fight him. If only, by some incredible happenstance, I had the ability to dominate him, as he looks as though he has a low will save. But alas! It would be for naught for surely the Ultimate Warrior would be immune to any effects I, a monster capable of dominating people with low will saves, could possibly put into play. But alas, I am no quitter. So I, a monster capable of dominating people with low will saves, will attempt to dominate the Ultimate Warrior, whom has low will saves, none-the-less."

"Zounds! My plan to use my ability to dominate people with low will saves has paid off in bounties more than expected! Indeed it would almost seem most fortuitious that I had just such an ability prepared that would punch a hole in your party! Now, please, allow me to slaughter you all via the Sub-ultimate warrior. For Ultimate implies invulnerability to being forced to slaughter my friends. Vote Ultimate Warrior 2016"

-Excerpt from the Ultimate Warrior's poorly designed campaign poster.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47