Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87516 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #585 on: January 11, 2014, 02:27:38 pm »

Hans: Just in case it slipped by last night, I misunderstood what GWG was talking about in regards to added DC from sneak attacks.

-snip-
The multiplicative crit thing seems to be fine.
I actually meant a flat +2 DC for every d6 [of sneak attack dice] you would have otherwise.

I prefer this way, both because it scales more smoothly and because it saves you a lot of unnecessary rolling, considering how many DC-check items I'll be sneak-attacking with.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 11, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »

With his INT, I doubt he could class into wizard. just saying :P
Wolfcastle said it best.

Apparently piggyback rides haven't been invented in this world yet :P
Piggyback rides are inefficient for long-term travel, and in such a situation unpleasant for both parties.

What if I built a carriage for him to ride in? I could wear it like a backpack.
That would be silly, but it could work.
Whether they're inefficient or not(and pleasantness is not for you to decide, when one of us is about the size of the other's head, and easily a light load), it could be done.
I'd say that four-year-olds are a size category smaller than me. I can't imagine it would be significantly better carrying them piggyback than on my shoulders.
Besides, piggyback rides occupy the arms of both individuals.

Also, sadly Remuthra, Prestidigitation still needs a 10 Intelligence to cast as a Wizard. If you were an Illumian you could base your casting off strength, though.
New quest: Re-assemble the Ritual of the Words Made Flesh (or whatever it's called, I don't have my copy of Races of Destiny with me).

The Ultimate Warrior is a strict believer in the power of foreign policy through force. Why bargain with other people when you can punch them in the face and take their stuff?

Why yes, The Ultimate Warrior is running for President of the USA next term!
That would be an awesome debate.
"Alright, let's move onto our next subject. What are your thoughts on ObamaCare?"
"It's a waste of money!"
"It would have worked better if the Republicans didn't gut it."
"Stupid candidates!"
(smashing)
I picked the one topic I couldn't think of a good line for. Let's try again.
"What are your feelings on the prolonged conflicts in the Middle East?"
"We need to keep it up, before groups like Al Queda can take power."
"It's gone on far too long already!"
"Ooh. Lots of smashing."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 11, 2014, 03:48:49 pm »

"Mr. Warrior, if you are elected, how will you deal with the rising national debt?"

"Punching time!"

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 11, 2014, 04:04:06 pm »

Just have a papoose.

But I was still referring to riding on the shoulders, actually. Since I'm undead, the Minotaur is undead, my familiar might be something that sits on my face anyway, and the Kobultimate Warrior is as strong as he is(and I as light as I am) that it shouldn't be an issue.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 11, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »

Isn't there some sort of template for playing as a parasitic creature riding inside another, larger creature? I could swear I happened across it at some point...

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 11, 2014, 04:32:29 pm »

Isn't there some sort of template for playing as a parasitic creature riding inside another, larger creature? I could swear I happened across it at some point...
Captured One?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 11, 2014, 04:36:25 pm »

Symbiotic Creature. Monster Manual 2.

Captured One?
Specific to Raggamoffins.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 11, 2014, 07:59:59 pm »

There's actually rules for riding "Saddle-less" and for riding "creatures ill-suited for riding."  The total is only a -10 to ride checks.  The DC to "stay in saddle" is effectively 15.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 11, 2014, 10:01:48 pm »

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one not trying to game the system at every opportunity :P
Not the only one :P

EDIT: What is the ring of spellbattle anyway?
So, that just means I got left with the one item I can't really use in any way. Thanks guys :P

BLASPHEMY!  /me scurries off to search the MIC for something that Taricus can use.

Hans: Just in case it slipped by last night, I misunderstood what GWG was talking about in regards to added DC from sneak attacks.

-snip-
The multiplicative crit thing seems to be fine.
I actually meant a flat +2 DC for every d6 [of sneak attack dice] you would have otherwise.

I prefer this way, both because it scales more smoothly and because it saves you a lot of unnecessary rolling, considering how many DC-check items I'll be sneak-attacking with.

Okay, this is how it works then. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 11, 2014, 10:08:44 pm »

Yaaay!

* Taricus sits and waits like a good player then :3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 11, 2014, 10:09:41 pm »

Make it another ring, so you can later realize that OH WAIT THAT WASN'T ACTUALLY A RING OF SPELLBATTLE AFTER ALL?

FAKEEDIT: Capitalized out of Kobold Habit.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 11, 2014, 10:16:27 pm »

BLASPHEMY!  /me scurries off to search the MIC for something that Taricus can use.
Well, that item really is lackluster compared to the others. I mean...who counterspells? Ever?
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 11, 2014, 10:27:28 pm »

If you're looking for ideas, how about one of these:

Ring of Anticipation (DotU): 6,000gp; roll all initiative checks twice, take the better of the two rolls; +2 to spot/listen.
Cloak of the Dragon (CChamp): 6,000gp; Fly equal to land speed once per day for 10 minutes.
Talisman of Undying Fortitude (MiC): 8,000gp; 2/day activate as a swift action to gain immunity to: poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, critical hits, nonlethal damage, physical ability damage, ability drain, energy drain, fatigue, exhaustion, death from massive damage, and anything requiring a Fort save. It also removes the necessity of breathing for this time. Lasts for 3 rounds per activation.

Or if you're feeling silly:

Enveloping Pit (MiC): 3,600 gp; for LE/LN/NE characters, functions as a 50' deep portable hole. Can cover a surface of between 1' and 10' depending how far you unfold it. It is a relic, however (if you make the divine connection for it, you can open and close it with a command word provided you're within 60', and all it requires is worshipping Kurtulmak--which Irlitrix does--and having 9HD and taking the True Believer feat). Better yet, it's specifically a kobold item.

Heh, I actually considered asking if I could take one as part of my starting kit.  :P

e: Oooh, that's even better. Now Corfax is going to be tempted to teamkill, the selfish bastard.  :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:36:04 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 11, 2014, 10:36:56 pm »

One question: Those gloevs don't boost my DEX bonus for AC purposes, right?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 11, 2014, 10:39:06 pm »

One question: Those gloevs don't boost my DEX bonus for AC purposes, right?

Um, I think they actually do. You are still limited by your Max Dex modifier though.

Also, I didn't know what to get you because you're a fighter with 10 str, 15 dex, and 18 intelligence. Wat.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47