Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87517 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #525 on: January 10, 2014, 11:06:30 pm »

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one not trying to game the system at every opportunity :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 10, 2014, 11:09:27 pm »

Oh, and... Looking at RAW, it looks like sneak attack and critical hit damage is always of the same damage type as the weapon that proc'd it, no? So hitting someone with a successful sneak attack with a thrown flask of contact/inhaled poison or an alchemical item with a numeric descriptor in the damage/effects would also make the critical hit and sneak attack damage be of the same type, either adding damage or adding duration to the effect, depending on what the item in question does?

That seems fair, given that crit and sneak attack damage with a melee weapon mimics that weapon's damage type (including nonlethal damage), and given that so many of these items have relatively low save DCs, and that crits for thrown poisons and alchemic weapons only occur on natural 20s.

Yes, it seems that way by RAW.

Excellent.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in the item that really inspired this build, look up the Rod of Ropes in Complete Scoundrel. Activating any of its functions is a move action. Here's what they do:

Button the First: Press once to begin extruding rope from one end at 60'/round, up to 300'. Press it twice to stop extruding rope. Press it a third time to withdraw the rope into the rod, with all knots untying themselves when they come within 30' of the rod.

Button the Second: Press once to sprout a leather wrist strap from one end and a trio of grappling hooks from the other. Press twice to launch the grapnel up to 300' in one round in the direction you point it. It stops extruding rope if the hooks strike something solid or if the user jerks back on the rod. Press thrice to retract the rope, drawing the rod towards the grapnel if it is secured, pulling up to 1000lbs at 60'/round. This can also be used to make ranged attacks against enemies within 30', dealing 1d6 damage and applying a bull rush with a +5 bonus on the grapnel's opposed check if the ranged attack is successful. Read that again. You read it right.

Button the Third: Press once to sprout grapnels from both ends of the rod. Press twice to launch them in opposite directions, up to 300' each, including the possibility of ranged attacking two enemies in the same manner if they were polite enough to stand with you directly between them. Press thrice to expand the middle of the rod slightly and sprout a pair of wrist straps, allowing the user to slide along the rope. As long as both ends are securely attached, the rope doesn't sag and can support up to 1000lbs.

Every cool grappling hook gadget you loved as a kid in one package for the low, low price of 4,000gp. Money well spent. xD

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one not trying to game the system at every opportunity :P
Hey, I'm doing it for a good cause: gaming the system with things that would ordinarily be eschewed by any rightminded min/maxer.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 10, 2014, 11:12:53 pm »

I don't actually know enough about DnD to screw the system. I mean, I just focused on maneuverability. That and being able to set myself on fire and wrestle people. Totally gonna do that.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 10, 2014, 11:16:20 pm »

I don't actually know enough about DnD to screw the system. I mean, I just focused on maneuverability. That and being able to set myself on fire and wrestle people. Totally gonna do that.
That reminds me, how did you manage to get +5 to Strength and Dexterity without dropping other stuff into the negatives? I was only able to get Dexterity to +4 and the rest of my abilities aren't much better than yours.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 10, 2014, 11:16:40 pm »

I just really like Strengthmaxing :P.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 10, 2014, 11:18:47 pm »

Half dragon is +8 to strength.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 10, 2014, 11:20:09 pm »

That reminds me, how did you manage to get +5 to Strength and Dexterity without dropping other stuff into the negatives? I was only able to get Dexterity to +4 and the rest of my abilities aren't much better than yours.
The Half-Red Dragon template is pretty godly. +8 Str, +2 to Con, Int, and Cha, +4 Natural Armor, Immunity (Fire, Sleep, Paralysis), three natural attacks, and that 1/day breath weapon nuke.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 10, 2014, 11:21:10 pm »

The Half-Red Dragon template is pretty godly. +8 Str, +2 to Con, Int, and Cha, +4 Natural Armor, Immunity (Fire, Sleep, Paralysis), three natural attacks, and that 1/day breath weapon nuke.

Improved Breath Weapon or whatever feat lets you use it once every 1d4 rounds. Roll each time you use it for how long til next use.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 10, 2014, 11:22:52 pm »

o_o
And here I was thinking that lycanthrope template looked pretty good. Sheeeeesh.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 10, 2014, 11:25:11 pm »

You think that's good?

How about the Pixie race?

And then let's look at Ghost(or rather, the benefits being incorporeal undead gives), and then Half-Fiend/Celestial.

But mostly, stare in awe at the race that gets permanent Greater Invisibility.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 10, 2014, 11:26:16 pm »

Improved Breath Weapon or whatever feat lets you use it once every 1d4 rounds. Roll each time you use it for how long til next use.

Okay, that's so absurd I want to take it, even if it would detract from my progress elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:28:20 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 10, 2014, 11:26:43 pm »

o_o
And here I was thinking that lycanthrope template looked pretty good. Sheeeeesh.

TIS TOO LATE TO GO BACK NOW, YOUNG ONE. YOU MUST SETTLE FOR FREE SHIT INSTEAD! :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 10, 2014, 11:28:28 pm »

Damn. Ehhhhh. I expect it's too late to swap feats. Besides, I dunno what I'd get rid of.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 10, 2014, 11:29:11 pm »

I don't k ow what any of that stuff does :P

I'm pre-emptively saying "no" to the belt. I've got one already. I wouldn't mind a brief run-down on the rest though.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 10, 2014, 11:31:26 pm »

Should I try to memorize the maps too?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47