Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87539 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #510 on: January 10, 2014, 10:22:11 pm »

Oh I know, I was asking if instead of the effect it has, if it could simply extend the range of my fear aura instead.

Also I edited it, so if you could take a look at those questions too...:3

Oh yes, speaking of undead monster races, could I get a circumstance bonus to intimidate checks in some situations from being undead?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:24:10 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 10, 2014, 10:23:49 pm »

Oh, and for anyone who might be interested, here's the battle-ready finalized sheet for Kobold Batman. Note that a chunk of his inventory is located in the public notes block at the bottom because I ran out of room. Hey, I was even nice and started without any sovereign glue, and I can't effectively use shapesand because of my low Wis score.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 10, 2014, 10:25:02 pm »

Oh, and for anyone who might be interested, here's the battle-ready finalized sheet for Kobold Batman. Note that a chunk of his inventory is located in the public notes block at the bottom because I ran out of room. Hey, I was even nice and started without any sovereign glue, and I can't effectively use shapesand because of my low Wis score.

I feel like your strength is too low.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 10, 2014, 10:29:39 pm »

I feel like your strength is too low.

My levels in Swashbuckler give me Weapon Finesse. That means I can substitute my Dex modifier for my Str modifier in attack rolls. At my next level (Swashbuckler 3) I'll get Insightful Strike, which will let me add my Int modifier as an additional bonus to my damage. Apart from that, my damage is going to come from criticals, sneak attacks, but a lot of it will be inflicting conditions/ability damage with items and poisons.

I also took the Daring Outlaw feat from Complete Scoundrel, which means that my Rogue and Swashbuckler class levels stack for the purposes of determining my sneak attack damage, grace bonus, and dodge bonus.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:37:39 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:51 pm »

Oh I know, I was asking if instead of the effect it has, if it could simply extend the range of my fear aura instead.

Also I edited it, so if you could take a look at those questions too...:3

Oh yes, speaking of undead monster races, could I get a circumstance bonus to intimidate checks in some situations from being undead?

ALSOEDIT: Also, It was just an example. I would (First off) be disguised, probably lying out my ass, and if that didn't work, the Big Reveal.

Speaking of which, in non-combat situations, does my Fear Aura give me a bonus to Intimidate checks?

Yes.

Yes.

That wasn't a question.

Depends on if they pass their save or not.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 10, 2014, 10:35:32 pm »

Cool.

Take a look at my Intimidate check, by the way; it'll make up for the Ultimate Warrior's. I'll PM you my sheet though I still got some stuff to do with it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 10, 2014, 10:37:05 pm »

Ahahahaaaa! I knew that low Intelligence score was worth something!

Yeah, Intimidate is a Charisma-based skill. In addition, you can only have 3+Level ranks in one skill.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 10, 2014, 10:40:18 pm »

Yeah, Intimidate is a Charisma-based skill. In addition, you can only have 3+Level ranks in one skill.

I am anticipating the ULTIMATE WARRIOR attempting to intimidate everything he comes across, and everything being oddly underwhelmed by the eight foot tall, bullheaded, cyborg-Kobold monster of doom than can casually bench press pick-up trucks.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 10, 2014, 10:42:25 pm »

I am anticipating the ULTIMATE WARRIOR attempting to intimidate everything he comes across, and everything being oddly underwhelmed by the eight foot tall, bullheaded, cyborg-Kobold monster of doom than can casually bench press pick-up trucks.
Yep. What I need is a bonus from hitting things in the face. If I ran up to a guy and lobbed off his arm, he would be much more intimidated than just acting menacing!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 10, 2014, 10:43:27 pm »

And humans? Humans are Medium sized. This will be very relevant later. :P
Pleasedon'tbegrapplingPleasedon'tbegrapplingPleasedon'tbegrappling...

"What's a truck?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 10, 2014, 10:45:05 pm »

And humans? Humans are Medium sized. This will be very relevant later. :P
Pleasedon'tbegrapplingPleasedon'tbegrapplingPleasedon'tbegrappling...

I hadn't actually thought of that. Thanks! :D I was more thinking of economic concerns...

"What's a truck?"

"It's a wagon powered by fireballs and dead dinosaurs."
He's fucking with us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 10, 2014, 10:45:45 pm »

There's a variant rule with Str being used instead of Charisma as bonuses to Intimidate checks.

Also, Undead Minotaurs are Large Size.

And also the whole fear aura thing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 10, 2014, 10:47:29 pm »

There's a variant rule with Str being used instead of Charisma as bonuses to Intimidate checks.
Twould take my Intimidate from +7 to +21.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 10, 2014, 10:48:44 pm »

Oh, and... Looking at RAW, it looks like sneak attack and critical hit damage is always of the same damage type as the weapon that proc'd it, no? So hitting someone with a successful sneak attack with a thrown flask of contact/inhaled poison or an alchemical item with a numeric descriptor in the damage/effects would also make the critical hit and sneak attack damage be of the same type, either adding damage or adding duration to the effect, depending on what the item in question does?

That seems fair, given that crit and sneak attack damage with a melee weapon mimics that weapon's damage type (including nonlethal damage), and given that so many of these items have relatively low save DCs, and that crits for thrown poisons and alchemic weapons only occur on natural 20s.

3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 10, 2014, 10:54:56 pm »

Oh, and... Looking at RAW, it looks like sneak attack and critical hit damage is always of the same damage type as the weapon that proc'd it, no? So hitting someone with a successful sneak attack with a thrown flask of contact/inhaled poison or an alchemical item with a numeric descriptor in the damage/effects would also make the critical hit and sneak attack damage be of the same type, either adding damage or adding duration to the effect, depending on what the item in question does?

That seems fair, given that crit and sneak attack damage with a melee weapon mimics that weapon's damage type (including nonlethal damage), and given that so many of these items have relatively low save DCs, and that crits for thrown poisons and alchemic weapons only occur on natural 20s.

Yes, it seems that way by RAW.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47