Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87262 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #360 on: January 07, 2014, 06:10:15 pm »

Is it possible to enchant normal, non-armor clothing? Or do you need wondrous items for that?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 07, 2014, 06:15:14 pm »

Wait. Wait a minute. I might be reading this wrong.

Someone who's actually a veteran: With weapon/armor enhancements, do we add the cost of each level of enchantment, or just use the cost of the final level of enchantment?

So would a sword with a +4 enchantment cost 32,000gp or 2,000+8,000+18,000+32,000gp for the enchantment? Unclear language strikes again...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 07, 2014, 06:21:14 pm »

Why is it that all of my possible misconceptions about D&D air on the side of player benefit?

In any case, I always assumed the fact that the table states "+2 X, +Money" means that you add that amount of money if you want a +2 X, simple as that.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:22:52 pm by Remuthra »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 07, 2014, 06:34:31 pm »

I always thought the price was incremental, and that makes more sense to me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 07, 2014, 06:46:22 pm »

You add the bonus up, THEN you pay the finalised amount. For bonus-priced things atleast. For anything that's a flat cost, you just add what it says.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 07, 2014, 06:55:50 pm »

An item with a literal +6 enhancement bonus to armour is valued at 360,000 under normal rules.
An item with a figurative +6 bonus is valued at 36,000 under normal rules.

If it has special abilities, its total bonus value can be +6 for 36,000.  If you're looking specifically to have an armour that adds an additional +6 to its armour value, the it's 360,000.  Epic Arms and Armor.  The cost of the bonus (without being Epic) is Bonus2x1000.  12x1000 = 1000, 22x1000 = 4000, et cetera.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:26:50 pm by TealNinja »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 07, 2014, 07:20:21 pm »

So adding Keen to a sword with an existing +n enhancement would only cost the same as the first level of +1 enhancement? Because I swear someone said the exact opposite earlier in this thread. :s

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 07, 2014, 07:23:09 pm »

Aargh. Well, I'm not changing mine now tonight, though I think mine is right. I've used the prices on the SRD and it seems about right.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 07, 2014, 07:23:20 pm »

You could look at it like that. Adding Keen to an item with an existing +n enhancement would increase the total cost of the item to that of a +(n+1) enhancement. Although, the concept of an existing weapon is rather confusing, since enchanted items cannot be upgraded. If you want your +2 sword to be a +3 sword, you have to sell the +2 one and buy a +3.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 07, 2014, 07:26:14 pm »

So adding Keen to a sword with an existing +n enhancement would only cost the same as the first level of +1 enhancement? Because I swear someone said the exact opposite earlier in this thread. :s

Total bonus.  Keen is a +1 enchantment.  On a +5 sword, it would total a +6 bonus.  Its base cost (normal rules) would be 36,000.

You could look at it like that. Adding Keen to an item with an existing +n enhancement would increase the total cost of the item to that of a +(n+1) enhancement. Although, the concept of an existing weapon is rather confusing, since enchanted items cannot be upgraded. If you want your +2 sword to be a +3 sword, you have to sell the +2 one and buy a +3.

You can upgrade an item.  You must pay the difference between the new item and the item you brought to upgrade.  Upgrading a +5 item with a +1 enchantment would be 36,000 - 25,000 = 11,000 gold.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 07, 2014, 07:27:52 pm »

Total bonus.  Keen is a +1 enchantment.  On a +5 sword, it would total a +6 bonus.  Its base cost (normal rules) would be 36,000.

You can upgrade an item.  You must pay the difference between the new item and the item you brought to upgrade.  Upgrading a +5 item with a +1 enchantment would be 36,000 - 25,000 = 11,000 gold.
You can? I never heard of rules for that.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 07, 2014, 07:29:52 pm »

Okay, this is getting confusing.

Does someone mind taking a look at my character sheet and telling me how much my weapons and armor should cost? As well as whether I got the stats on each correct?

Also is mithril weapons also 1/6th the price? What's the affect of mithril weapons, I didn't see any stat changes in the SRD.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=753814
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 07, 2014, 07:33:59 pm »

I just searched up "Upgrading Magic Armor" on Google and got an official Wizards excerpt supporting my observation.  I've heard of the rule before, but have no idea where I found it originally.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:08:40 pm by TealNinja »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2014, 07:37:07 pm »

I just searched up "Upgrading Magic Armor" on Google and got an official Wizards excerpt supporting my observation.  I've heard of the rule before, but have no idea where I found it originally.
That is a very messed up URL.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2014, 07:40:24 pm »

That is a very messed up URL.

Try it again.

I just woke up and not used to formatting on this website yet =p
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47