Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87306 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #300 on: January 06, 2014, 09:40:33 pm »

Since I got "Craft Wondrous Item", and "Craft Magic Arms/Armour", as well as 6 points in crafting, are there any bonuses that way?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:05 pm »

Bah, where would I list my mount(s) and their tack on my charsheet? More specifically, do we need to account for feed?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:45:40 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 06, 2014, 09:45:29 pm »

All that means is you can enchant our armour Descan.

...Wait, since Descan can actually do the enchanting, does this mean our enchantments are cheaper here as well?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 06, 2014, 09:46:20 pm »

...Wait, since Descan can actually do the enchanting, does this mean our enchantments are cheaper here as well?
It'd depend on the requirements of the enchantments. He probably doesn't meet at least some of them.

3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 06, 2014, 09:46:46 pm »

Hmm...

Character mechanics should be mostly done. Just have to find ways to spend the rest of my gold.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 06, 2014, 09:48:51 pm »

But the A&EG section on larger and smaller weapons says that those values only apply "If you design a version of a particular weapon that is larger or smaller than the standard presented in the PHB..." Since the PHB clearly lists the damage values for all of the standard weapons in both Medium and Small sizes, we must clearly assume that the PHB values are the correct ones, as they're listed in the source rather than homebrewed weapons which would fall under the size and damage rules.  :P
I'm pretty sure we should be using rules from a book intended for 3.5, not 3.0...
I might admit to agreeing with you if it wasn't my damage on the knife's edge, so to speak (that was terrible), I'd prefer a DM ruling on this one.  ;D

What exactly is the disagreement here?

It'd depend on the requirements of the enchantments. He probably doesn't meet at least some of them.

This, he needs to have specific spells and such. But if he does have them, then you can take 1/3rd off the armor enchantments. Which means, yes, you get enchantments for 1/6th listed cost.

(We are now at CR 35. Half Dragon Tarrasque Liches. :P In all seriousness, the things I have prepared are probably not going to be powerful enough. We'll see after the first couple engagements.)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 06, 2014, 09:51:33 pm »

But the A&EG section on larger and smaller weapons says that those values only apply "If you design a version of a particular weapon that is larger or smaller than the standard presented in the PHB..." Since the PHB clearly lists the damage values for all of the standard weapons in both Medium and Small sizes, we must clearly assume that the PHB values are the correct ones, as they're listed in the source rather than homebrewed weapons which would fall under the size and damage rules.  :P
I'm pretty sure we should be using rules from a book intended for 3.5, not 3.0...
I might admit to agreeing with you if it wasn't my damage on the knife's edge, so to speak (that was terrible), I'd prefer a DM ruling on this one.  ;D

What exactly is the disagreement here?

PHB lists Small-sized greatswords as having 1d10 damage, the weapon size rules in the A&EG would put it at 1d8 damage. I'm arguing that we should follow the listed value and that the A&EG rules are for homebrew weapons (like a Tiny sized Greataxe for Nac Mac Feegle or something), GWG is arguing that they should be applied to everything.

3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 06, 2014, 09:54:20 pm »

Does someone have a link to the A&EG? Also, PHB is the one that is 3.5 or is it the other one? (Better phrasing: Which one is the 3.5 source and which one is the 3.0 source?)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 06, 2014, 10:03:12 pm »

A&EG is 3.0, PHB is 3.5
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 06, 2014, 10:03:34 pm »

The DMG is the Core source. It has a table on making weapons bigger and smaller which contradicts the damages of some of the weapons in the PHB.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 06, 2014, 10:04:52 pm »

Then use the PHB. It says on SRD that the Small Greatsword does 1d10. So... It's 1d10.

The DMG is the Core source. It has a table on making weapons bigger and smaller which contradicts the damages of some of the weapons in the PHB.

We'll stick with the PHB for now.
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 06, 2014, 10:05:17 pm »

Does someone have a link to the A&EG? Also, PHB is the one that is 3.5 or is it the other one? (Better phrasing: Which one is the 3.5 source and which one is the 3.0 source?)
The cover of the PHB I'm using lists it as the 3.5 edition.

e: Ninjas.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 06, 2014, 10:05:33 pm »

You guys know about this, right?

Arms and Equipment Guide is 3.0. However, it is still a viable source if nothing overwrites the specifics(replacing it or such).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 06, 2014, 10:13:10 pm »

Fair. You know, it's really annoying when you memorize the patterns*, but then they're ignored at random times.

*Not on purpose. It just kinda...happened.

You can't Awaken a magical beast.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:02 pm »

Fair. You know, it's really annoying when you memorize the patterns*, but then they're ignored at random times.

*Not on purpose. It just kinda...happened.

You can't Awaken a magical beast.

It's all good. The newer source overrules the older one, but it's good to be mindful.

Silly TG. :P
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47