Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87338 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2014, 03:09:59 pm »

Did we switch to .5 LA for Tier 4? I'll need to know so I can switch my class to Fighter if need be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2014, 03:29:47 pm »

Isn't a spiked hammer a morningstar though? :P
No. A morningstar is a spiked mace. Believe it or not, there is a difference between the two.
The shape of the smashy bit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2014, 03:32:18 pm »

To be honest, quite a lot of the differences between the weapons and their similar kinds are somewhat arbitrary.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2014, 03:35:38 pm »

I'm not sure why sais deal bludgeoning damage. They look more like poking weapons to me, but whatever. Crazy game logic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2014, 03:39:39 pm »

I think I'm pretty much done, just need to work out a daily spell list for my Cleric kobold (a PURE kobold, you degenerate scum!) and I think spend the rest of my GP on knick-knacks.

Do I need crafting levels to Craft Wondrous Item, or is it just the feat needed and crafting levels just help?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »

The spiked hammer is more or less a two-handed warhammer (or if we're talking about historical weapons without absurdly large chunks of metal) a warhammer with a long haft.

In terms of historically accurate (or close-enough-to-count) weaponry, something like this in terms of side-by-side comparison.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In any case, it's up to Hans to make the judgement call on whether it's allowable.

I'm not sure why sais deal bludgeoning damage. They look more like poking weapons to me, but whatever. Crazy game logic.
Game logic which sorta makes sense. If my old reading habits don't fail me, warhammers were intended to both crush and pierce armor, which is why one side of the head was a hammer and the other was a spike. Like a carpenter's hammer, except you use the sharp end for punching through armor instead of pulling up nails.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:43:39 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2014, 03:42:56 pm »

I think I'm pretty much done, just need to work out a daily spell list for my Cleric kobold (a PURE kobold, you degenerate scum!) and I think spend the rest of my GP on knick-knacks.

Do I need crafting levels to Craft Wondrous Item?
Hey, how else was I going to Strengthmax a Kobold?

Yes.

@FD: If you want a two-handed warhammer, just use the Maul from the Arms and Equipment Guide.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2014, 03:45:24 pm »

Do I need crafting levels to Craft Wondrous Item, or is it just the feat needed and crafting levels just help?
Doesn't look like it at all, so yeah, you can take it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2014, 03:48:55 pm »

If anyone can cast powerful fire damage spells I could get spell storing on my weapons and thus explode with fireballs when i hit someone.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2014, 03:50:35 pm »

No problems. And if anyone needs weapons or armour, you can (Assumably) pay a third of that since I do have the necessary craft skills. Unless you want a bow. You're paying standard for those.

And the enchantments are half price on armor!

While I work on it: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=745527

How do you work out the cost of getting a pernament rune of weakness, etc?

I think you'd have to get it as a magical/psychic tattoo, and I do not have the rules for those currently open. Is it a spell...?

Did we switch to .5 LA for Tier 4? I'll need to know so I can switch my class to Fighter if need be.

Yes we did.

FD, that looks like a homebrew weapon, and fairly unbalanced compared the standard ones as well. You're probably going to have to get permission from Hans for that.

This and no. :P More damage, better critical range, better critical than an extremely similar weapon? >.> Just take a Keen Warhammer. :P

Also holy crap people. So many questions.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2014, 03:52:07 pm »

You can't get Keen on a bludgeoning weapon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2014, 03:52:33 pm »

Do I need crafting levels to Craft Wondrous Item?
Hey, how else was I going to Strengthmax a Kobold?

Yes.

@FD: If you want a two-handed warhammer, just use the Maul from the Arms and Equipment Guide.

Looking at it, wouldn't the damage scale down too far to be useful with a small-sized maul? The default 1d10 is for a large-sized one, so if I'm reading the size change table correctly a small-sized one would do 1d6, as opposed to 1d10 for a small-sized greatsword. So if I went with a kobold-sized maul, I'd have a weapon with base stats 1d6 damage and crit x3, as opposed to 1d10 and 19-20 x2 for a greatsword or 1d10 and 19-20 x4 for a spiked hammer (if Hans allows it). If it's shot down I'm just going to go back to greatsword.

e: Yep, greatsword it is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »

You can't get Keen on a bludgeoning weapon.

Details. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2014, 03:54:11 pm »

HP Rolls:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4355409/

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »

HP Rolls:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4355409/

First one should be max, unless you already added that in and somehow have a racial Hit Dice or something. :P
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47