Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23344 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2014, 08:37:57 pm »

"Quite true when your in a combat situation, we're not. Right now the monster is unaware of us which means we have an advantage. Unless you want to give that advantage away you need somebody good at not being spotted and that is not me.
"In that case, clunkers like you claim to be should stay back at the train tracks."

Corran smiles patiently.

"You fought men with guns and swords, not beings that very possibly came from hell. Trust me when I tell you fighting one of them is going to make you rethink everything you know.Or thought you knew.
Carl is restraining the urge to argue more with Corran.

"Is it going to make me shoot you in the back? I agree with you, we should stop calling them monsters." Otto is even more exasperated.
"Then what do we call them? 'Monsters' seems accurate enough, since they are like the monsters of childhood bedtime stories brought to life--and it's what everyone calls them."

Julia walks to the front of the group and turns toward them.
"You two, listen. No, wait, all of you listen. I know you like to do your macho bravado thing, but we're going to fight something with unknown capabalities. I ask you only to merely tolerate each other for now, and after this fight you can insult each other to your heart's content. Understand?
After readying her weapons, she continues moving items off of the train.
"Julia, if we don't get our issues out, they will remain bottled up and likely come out at the worst moment. Besides, an important point could come up...and there is no reason to believe the monster is anywhere near."

"ATTENTION! As I mentioned, knowing what we could be facing is vital. In addition, the chances of the monster being in town now are fairly low. Let's split up into three pairs, or a couple trios if you prefer, and start looking for any signs of what this monster could be. The groups should stay close, ideally searching either rooms in the same building or adjacent small buildings. Keep within hollering distance, and sprinting distance. Again, we are looking for anything that could clue us in on this monster. Find partners, and let's get started."
He glares at Corran and Otto. "Don't partner with anyone you hate, and don't pretend anyone's dead until they are. Any objections, questions, or alternate plans of action?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2014, 08:42:26 pm »

((Corran's probably the biggest drama queen this side of... well, anyone. Not that I mind OOC.))
Otto returns, patting his pockets in absent-minded irritation. "Say...do any of you guys smoke?" He nods in Carl's direction. "Sound plan, though "hollering distance"' is better be close. I've read a lot of these cheap halfkrone books about adventurers back in Vienna... you know what happens every time they split up?"
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2014, 08:44:32 pm »

Julia walks to the front of the group and turns toward them.
"You two, listen. No, wait, all of you listen. I know you like to do your macho bravado thing, but we're going to fight something with unknown capabalities. I ask you only to merely tolerate each other for now, and after this fight you can insult each other to your heart's content. Understand?
After readying her weapons, she continues moving items off of the train.
"Julia, if we don't get our issues out, they will remain bottled up and likely come out at the worst moment. Besides, an important point could come up...and there is no reason to believe the monster is anywhere near."

Julia shrugs. "I thought you were the one who didn't believe in showing emotion. Then again, you did say out of battle, so I suppose you are right. That plan sounds fine, as long as we stay reasonably close. Also, I recommend we keep quiet and give ourselves the edge with stealth."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2014, 08:45:17 pm »

"ATTENTION! As I mentioned, knowing what we could be facing is vital. In addition, the chances of the monster being in town now are fairly low. Let's split up into three pairs, or a couple trios if you prefer, and start looking for any signs of what this monster could be. The groups should stay close, ideally searching either rooms in the same building or adjacent small buildings. Keep within hollering distance, and sprinting distance. Again, we are looking for anything that could clue us in on this monster. Find partners, and let's get started." He glares at Corran and Otto. "Don't partner with anyone you hate, and don't pretend anyone's dead until they are. Any objections, questions, or alternate plans of action?"

"Two groups of three sound best. I ain't much of a gunslinger outside of the bedroom." Sunan says, deadpan.

He nods in Carl's direction. "Sound plan, though "hollering distance"' is better be close. I've read a lot of these cheap halfkrone books about adventurers back in Vienna... you know what happens every time they split up?"

"Something terrible leaps out and eats them?"

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2014, 08:52:13 pm »

He nods in Carl's direction. "Sound plan, though "hollering distance"' is better be close. I've read a lot of these cheap halfkrone books about adventurers back in Vienna... you know what happens every time they split up?"

"Something terrible leaps out and eats them?"
Otto grins. "Exactly."
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2014, 08:53:40 pm »

(( I decided to take other people's advice and try  something different from my normal silent assassin style characters.

So far this one is pretty interesting. Or at least I think it is. Have you figured out where he was raised yet. I dropped a few hints.))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2014, 08:59:33 pm »

((I dunno, ninth-century Norway? Seriously, not a clue.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2014, 09:05:17 pm »

(( Another hint, nothing to do with nation. It'll come out during or after this mission. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2014, 09:14:50 pm »

((Corran's probably the biggest drama queen this side of... well, anyone. Not that I mind OOC.))
Otto returns, patting his pockets in absent-minded irritation. "Say...do any of you guys smoke?" He nods in Carl's direction. "Sound plan, though "hollering distance"' is better be close. I've read a lot of these cheap halfkrone books about adventurers back in Vienna... you know what happens every time they split up?"

"Indeed. We need to split a narrow ground between wasting time--time the monster could use to get here, or that clues could vanish--and remaining safe should we encounter the monster, or a maddened local, or similar. In any case...we should locate those we can stand. Get into groups that include at least one intellectual and at least one guard."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2014, 09:24:15 pm »

Otto quirks an eyebrow at Carl. "Oh? And which of us are intellectuals? That's certainly an interesting division. Hey, Sunan, are you feeling intellectual today? I and Kuzma could keep you company and be amazed at your intellectual prowess." Otto's smile is getting wider and wider with each instance of the word "intellectual" in his speech.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2014, 09:30:33 pm »

Otto quirks an eyebrow at Carl. "Oh? And which of us are intellectuals? That's certainly an interesting division. Hey, Sunan, are you feeling intellectual today? I and Kuzma could keep you company and be amazed at your intellectual prowess." Otto's smile is getting wider and wider with each instance of the word "intellectual" in his speech.

"I've never met an equation I couldn't butcher, if that's what you're asking." Sunan says, smiling.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2014, 09:31:15 pm »

"It's a self-defined label. If you think you're good at mental stuff, ideally including some grasp of forensics and the like, call yourself an intellectual."
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2014, 09:32:49 pm »

Julia looked down to hide a small smile. "Perhaps a better word choice, Carl? But yes, diving the strongest, the most intuitive, and the lithe amongst the groups would not be too much to ask. It's easy to define the physically strongest; yet, every one of us could be the smartest. So who is it?"

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2014, 09:41:57 pm »

"...Carl and..." Otto surveys the group. "Yes. Probably Carl."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2014, 09:50:21 pm »

Julia's smile dissipates. "Very well then. Carl, it appears that we must divide you into three parts to make up for the lack of three intellectuals within our group."

"How about this: we group ourselves with the people we at least tolerate, or don't want to kill yet. Because, frankly, that's a better filter than intellectuals and strongmans."

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:52:48 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22