Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23341 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Monster Hunting in the Old West
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2014, 11:24:03 pm »

"I am fine with the plan and eager for the briefing."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2014, 12:19:17 pm »

((Wwolin... Why dost thou leave us for ever, and forsake us for so long?))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2014, 08:06:52 pm »

"Alright, so six it is. Well, since this program's only just started up, I'm not actually entirely certain on what your supply kit contains, so feel free to dig through it while you're on the train to Woodcreek. That's where your mission is, by the way. It's a little town out in the middle of the desert that went quiet about a week ago, after several reports of people and livestock going missing. We're pretty sure it's the work of a monster, and we're sending you in to investigate and eliminate whatever's causing the problem. There's not much advice that I can give you due to the lack of sightings, but whatever it is, it's dangerous enough to take out a town, so don't let your guard down while you're out there."

A train whistle blows somewhere outside.

"And there's your ride. It'll only take you an hour or two to get there, but what you do on the train is up to you. Check your equipment, strategize, even take a nap if you're so inclined, just don't do anything that'll give us a bad name."

((You'll arrive once everyone's decided what they'll be doing on the train))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2014, 08:18:15 pm »

"I think I'm just gonna take a nap. The unconscious is good for-" Julia stopped herself.
"Nevermind. See you all in two hours."

Dammit, stop pulling quotes out of nowhere! I don't even believe in all the stupid nonsense I'm spitting out of my mouth! But somehow, Julia knew that what she did believe once in what she said. She just couldn't remember where it was from.

Nap.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2014, 08:20:23 pm »

"Hmm. Good logistics are the key to victory, I suppose". Check supplies. If we are supplied with individual packs, check contents of pack. If we have some sort of storage car, acquire a writing implement and some paper and make an inventory.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2014, 11:34:22 pm »

"Indeed. That, and intelligence, both as in foreknowledge and the ability to think."

Help inventory supplies. Chat with anyone not napping about what it could be.
Keep an eye on Julia.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2014, 11:40:38 pm »

Disassemble my guns, clean'em, then assemble them back. Make sure I have plently of ammo.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2014, 01:23:33 am »

Corran snorts in amusement for a moment before settling down and closing his eyes with his private pack now back on his back.

"Try to remember about logistics and intelligence when we face that thing later. I'll be focusing on surviving these monsters again.

If you find any tomahawks in your packs and don't need it I'll take it.
"

Settle down for a nap, keep my private pack on my back and dig through the supplies removing all the tomahawks and stashing them in my pack.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:48:06 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2014, 09:31:37 am »

Sunan lounges in his seat and pulls out his guitar for the journey.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2014, 11:35:03 am »

"
If you find any tomahawks in your packs and don't need it I'll take it.
"

"If I find any, I'll let you know. I'm...not much for close combat, I'm afraid." Otto shudders slightly, as if remembering something unpleasant, and rubs his right shoulder, an absent-minded look on his face.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2014, 11:39:35 am »

Corran smiles briefly then shrugs to himself and lifts his shirt. Running from his right shoulder down to his left hip are 3 jagged scars from a huge set of claws.

"I am, it's not my first time dealing with these creatures either. Trust me you don't want to get close enough to need a tomahawk if you can avoid it. Oh and 1 recommendation? Shoot them in the legs first.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2014, 11:47:36 am »

Corran smiles briefly then shrugs to himself and lifts his shirt. Running from his right shoulder down to his left hip are 3 jagged scars from a huge set of claws.

"I am, it's not my first time dealing with these creatures either. Trust me you don't want to get close enough to need a tomahawk if you can avoid it. Oh and 1 recommendation? Shoot them in the legs first.

- A headshot usually does better effect, - says Kuzma while looking through the deattached barrel of his revolver at light through the window to check it for any dirt pieces still inside.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:22:04 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2014, 11:51:06 am »

"Maybe against a human, monsters don't all play by our rules. First one I fought taking out it's head worked fine. Second one I thought I split it's head in half and it did that to my chest for it. If I hadn't had partners I'd have died as it is we learned the hard way to bleed the bastards and slow them down before trying to finish them off.
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2014, 11:59:08 am »

"I...will try to remember that. For people, the center of mass is usually enough, you see."
Otto shakes his head and laughs quietly. "I have a similar scar - my first taste of close combat didn't go all that well. My detachment of marksmen was charged down by heavy cavalry as a result of a tactical mishap up in command. It was terrifying. I mean, I knew I could die any moment, been shot and all, but there's more dignity in it all with some personal space. So, while I was fumbling for my bayonet, one of them just slashed at me in passing - near hacked off my arm, too."
He winces. "Dunno about you, but I'd pick being shot any day."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 10, 2014, 12:08:23 pm »

Corran shrugs.

"I don't much care, dead is dead. But I'd rather they came close, I like close.

Pulling his pack off his back Corran stands balancing easily on the moving train and slips his hands inside first lifting his left arm with an enormous metal tower shield strapped onto it following by his right with a large double bladed battle axe, the shield is battered with dozens of battle scars on it and the blade still dirty with dried blood.

"This should tell you everything you need to know about monsters, this shield could stop the lance of a charging horseman and one of the monsters I fought dug it's claws more then an inch into it.

The first rule of fighting monsters? Forget everything you know about fighting humans and then realize that your nothing but a meal on legs to the things we're going to fight..

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:10:49 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22