Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23394 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Monster Hunting in the Old West
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2014, 09:56:46 am »

"Then remember this. For every one like me you saw fall many many thousands like you also fell. When I fall I will be at peace with my fate. When you fall you will be tormented forever by a doubt I will never feel..

Sunan rolls his eyes, "I can believe that. I doubt I could find anybody else with as big of an ego as yours in all of America."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2014, 10:00:15 am »

"Then remember this. For every one like me you saw fall many many thousands like you also fell. When I fall I will be at peace with my fate. When you fall you will be tormented forever by a doubt I will never feel..

Sunan rolls his eyes, "I can believe that. I doubt I could find anybody else with as big of an ego as yours in all of America."
Kuzma nods in confirmation and approval.
Damn, this musician is awesome.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:03:45 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2014, 10:30:46 am »

- That is called self-preservation instinct suppression, kiddos. Lets me kill more boogies while you drink your warm milk and go to bed.
"This might surprise you, but not all men do exactly what you do. Drinking alcohol is unrelated to combat ability, unless you count the tendency of the drunkard to be absolutely terrible at any form of combat requiring hand-eye coordination, balance, or not vomiting."
- Don't you teach me how the warfare is done, mr. Anderson. Since I have far more experience in that than you. And believe me, a few glasses of something strong before battle are not excessive.
And if a few glasses of vod turn your stomach inside out, that doesn't say something good about you. Neither does extrapolating of this fact on other men around you.

However, what this man said makes some sense. Time to cease drinking.
"It's a simple fact that alcohol impairs one's mental abilities and coordination. Losing so much as a quarter-second of reaction time is plenty enough to put you at a disadvantage. Moreover, there is no advantage to drinking before battle. Why do it?"

"I believe I could...but not combined with his other beliefs."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2014, 10:44:13 am »

- That is called self-preservation instinct suppression, kiddos. Lets me kill more boogies while you drink your warm milk and go to bed.
"This might surprise you, but not all men do exactly what you do. Drinking alcohol is unrelated to combat ability, unless you count the tendency of the drunkard to be absolutely terrible at any form of combat requiring hand-eye coordination, balance, or not vomiting."
- Don't you teach me how the warfare is done, mr. Anderson. Since I have far more experience in that than you. And believe me, a few glasses of something strong before battle are not excessive.
And if a few glasses of vod turn your stomach inside out, that doesn't say something good about you. Neither does extrapolating of this fact on other men around you.

However, what this man said makes some sense. Time to cease drinking.
"It's a simple fact that alcohol impairs one's mental abilities and coordination. Losing so much as a quarter-second of reaction time is plenty enough to put you at a disadvantage. Moreover, there is no advantage to drinking before battle. Why do it?"

- A drink also increases the pain rift, which is more important. What I learned from all these battles, is that the fight is not about how fast do you strike or how strong do you strike - it is all about how much you can hold on you feet.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2014, 10:46:20 am »

"Not getting struck and being able to strike are remarkably important to not getting killed."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2014, 10:56:08 am »

- Who says I'm not able to do those things right now and further?
Sigs

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2014, 11:00:39 am »

"Alcohol impairs your ability to do so. It also impairs your judgement, which causes many other issues in combat. I could go on, but a hypothetical increase to the amount of pain you'll ignore is not worth the other problems. Especially since pain serves important purposes in stopping you from accidentally pushing yourself so far you die or get seriously injured."
Sig

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2014, 11:06:15 am »

- That's enough! You're now going to prove your words by beating a drunken soldier personally!
Kuzma stands from his table and heads straight to Carl while rolling his sleeves up.
Sigs

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2014, 11:19:38 am »

"Remarkably, soldiers tend to be better at combat than those who work with mechanical devices. Regardless, I'll see what I can do..."

Stand up and evade blows, looking for some kind of improvised weapon.
(This seems like the kind of thing we should get Wwolin to roll for.)
Sig

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2014, 11:22:29 am »

(Well, we can both go to random.org and make a roll of d6 presuming the opponent will be fair, and let the DM describe the result.)
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2014, 11:23:03 am »

Walk up behind Kuzma while he's distracted and lift him off the ground by his shirt collar.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:12:27 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2014, 11:24:37 am »

Walk up behind Juana while he's distracted and lift him off the ground by his shirt collar.

((Who's Juana? I don't remember anybody by that name.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2014, 11:24:59 am »

(Well, we can both go to random.org and make a roll of d6 presuming the opponent will be fair, and let the DM describe the result.)
(Alternate idea.
Or, again, just let Wwolin roll.)
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2014, 11:25:09 am »

(( Stupid phone auto correct. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2014, 11:29:56 am »

((Allright, maybe you are right. Let it be Wwolin who decides, because now that situation is going to invlove more than two of us.))
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22