Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23338 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2014, 05:51:31 pm »

Julia wakes to someone tapping her on the shoulder. She blinks a few times, breathes deeply, and gets up.
"Rifle, sword, water. Nothing else," she murmurs to herself.

Take a Winchester and the cavalry saber. Help offload the other supplies from the train.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2014, 06:16:36 pm »

"So, who wants to go first? I don't skulk so best if I stay back until it's fighting time.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2014, 06:19:00 pm »

- Ahem. The guy bearing close-combat weaponry usually goes first, covered by gunners. Where is the flaw in those thoughts?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2014, 06:22:06 pm »

"Quite true when your in a combat situation, we're not. Right now the monster is unaware of us which means we have an advantage. Unless you want to give that advantage away you need somebody good at not being spotted and that is not me.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2014, 06:26:23 pm »

"I can shoot an apple off your head at a league, but I'm flimsy and close combat makes me piss my pants. So if somebody else wants to go first, I have no objections. None at all." Otto looks slightly embarrassed, but then adjusts the shoulder strap of his rifle and his face sets into a determined expression.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2014, 06:27:28 pm »

Julia rubs one of her eyes and walks near the group.
"He's right, you know. Surprise is one advantage we could have and should have." She stops and sighs quietly.

"I'll go first then. I have light enough footsteps that I could be stealthy, and I have enough wits about me that I won't get myself killed."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2014, 06:30:06 pm »

Corran looks at her briefly before shrugging.

"If it spots you run like hell and get behind me, nothing yet has gone through this shield. I'll stay in front of the rest of you so you can use those guns just watch your aim I didn't survive 4 monsters to be shot in the back because you slipped on a can.
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2014, 06:33:02 pm »

Otto rolls his eyes. "And I served in the army as a marksman for most of my life, and not once have I shot an annoying loudmouth in the back. Why are you thinking I'm about to start?""
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:38:15 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2014, 06:34:52 pm »

- Go on, Goldilocks, be aware of bears and their houses, - murmurs Kuzma while looking carefully after the girlscout.
Shoot Corran in the back... Temptations, they must be resisted.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:40:59 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2014, 06:37:46 pm »

Corran smiles patiently.

"You fought men with guns and swords, not beings that very possibly came from hell. Trust me when I tell you fighting one of them is going to make you rethink everything you know.Or thought you knew.
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2014, 06:39:35 pm »

"Is it going to make me shoot you in the back? I agree with you, we should stop calling them monsters." Otto is even more exasperated.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2014, 06:43:32 pm »

"One of my companions was a soldier though he may have been less experienced. The shock caused him to shoot another of my former companions in the back of the arm. So yes it is possible and so I fought it best to inform you.

As a soldier, I suspect you already knew what effect shock and surprise could have but under the circumstances I don't feel comfortable taking the risk.
Caine's law.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2014, 06:46:40 pm »

"Sure, Corran. Please, stop quarrelling."
She sighs at Kuzma's comment, but otherwise begins getting ready for the fight.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2014, 06:48:36 pm »

Corran snorts in mild amusement

"Yes mum.
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2014, 07:04:48 pm »

"All right. If I ever find myself in a state of shock, you'll be the first guy I shoot." Otto manages a strained smile. "I've always found that shock affects not your aim, but your willingness to shoot, but whatever."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22