Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23349 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2014, 04:48:13 pm »

"This is not a should work, I've faced 4 and my shield held against each. When they stay back I have my tomahawk for range. It does more damage then a bullet at the cost of shorter range."
((...Are you intentionally making him dumb or do you honestly think that tomahawks are deadlier than bullets?))
"What do you do when they have an attack that avoids the shield? Acid spit, or spines, or being more than one at a time? And tomahawks cause bleeding, but bullets smash through bones, cause the water and watery tissues to 'ripple', which causes yet more damage to organs and such, and are also more accurate than tomahawks at all ranges."

"Besides you have guns if it stays back you kill it. I like to get in close to look my enemy in the eye as it dies. To show it the respect it deserves as a warrior."
"I'm not sure if I should contest their status as warriors or point out that survival is higher than respect on my list.

"I'm 2 months in so my odds are better then yours."
"Still not perfect...especially if you keep up this honor-to-monsters bullcrap."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2014, 05:38:08 pm »

(( Intentional, although in this I suspect it is actually true as well since a tomahawk will cause a much larger wound. ))

"They are as nature intended them to be, you eat meat does that make you a monster? The animal doesn't offer to be killed to feed you it's held prisoner against it's will it's used to breed then it's children are murdered to feed you.

It's no different to the monsters, they kill to feed just as we do and I'm not hypocritical enough to say I'm superior to them so it's ok for me to kill for food but it's not for them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:40:56 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2014, 05:40:27 pm »

(( Intentional, although in this I suspect it is actually true as well since a tomahawk will cause a much larger wound. ))
((It's like comparing apples to oranges. Cutting wounds are a different story, but bullets smash into people like hammers, except with some devastation through tissue depending on the bullet.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2014, 05:41:52 pm »

(( I know, but considering we're not fighting humans I suspects bullets will be far less effective against monsters then humans. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2014, 05:44:18 pm »

(( I know, but considering we're not fighting humans I suspects bullets will be far less effective against monsters then humans. ))
((OR tomahawks will be far less effective against monsters than humans. These two events may happen with equal probability.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2014, 05:49:12 pm »

(( Yup, very possible. ))
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2014, 06:50:54 pm »

((On the other hand, bullets offer much deeper wounds, and also break through basically all the tissues in the body save a bone at the right angle, and then there's the hydrostatic pressure, which allows a bullet that hits your stomach, for instance, to damage basically all the organs in your body via shockwaves.))

"They are as nature intended them to be, you eat meat does that make you a monster? The animal doesn't offer to be killed to feed you it's held prisoner against it's will it's used to breed then it's children are murdered to feed you.
It's no different to the monsters, they kill to feed just as we do and I'm not hypocritical enough to say I'm superior to them so it's ok for me to kill for food but it's not for them.

"...They are called monsters. The creatures called monsters are called monsters, so I call them monsters."
(Gosh dangit this isn't helping my mood...)

((OR tomahawks will be far less effective against monsters than humans. These two events may happen with equal probability.))
((And considering that bullets are more effective on humans...))

((Besides, bullets hit with more force. This means that tough scales or stony hides or something that would make a tomahawk bounce right off would be punched right though by a bullet. Moreover, as noted, bullets bite deeper, which gives them a wider range of organs they can hurt; tomahawks basically can't get past the surface except in remarkably fragile creatures, but bullets can dig deep into and likely through the whole creature.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2014, 06:52:56 pm »

(( All depends on how you use it, I'll make my tomahawks work just fine. ))

"By all means, I trust you will have no problem with me calling you a monster from now on, if you can't show respect I see no reason why you deserve any.
Caine's law.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2014, 06:57:58 pm »

"By all means, I trust you will have no problem with me calling you a monster from now on, if you can't show respect I see no reason why you deserve any.

Sunan breaks out into song.

"You'll be fighting for the right, Willie boy, Willie boy,
You'll be fighting for the right and your home;
And you'll strike the blow with might, Willie boy, Willie boy,
'Mid the thundering of cannon and drum;
With an arm as true as steel,
You'll make the foeman feel
The vengeance of a Southerner
Too pride to cringe or kneel.
Oh! should you fall in strife, Willie boy, Willie boy;
Oh, should you fall in strife on the plain,
I'll pine away my life, Willie boy, Willie boy,
And never, never wear a smile again."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2014, 06:59:31 pm »

(( I'm not entirely sure if I should clap or hit you with my axe IC wise lol. But OOC wise, nice. ))
Caine's law.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2014, 11:00:47 pm »

"I think I'm just gonna take a nap. The unconscious is good for-" Julia stopped herself.
"Nevermind. See you all in two hours."

Dammit, stop pulling quotes out of nowhere! I don't even believe in all the stupid nonsense I'm spitting out of my mouth! But somehow, Julia knew that what she did believe once in what she said. She just couldn't remember where it was from.

Nap.

Blissfully oblivious to the songs and arguments of your teammates, you curl up on one of the couch-like seats of the train and doze off.

"Hmm. Good logistics are the key to victory, I suppose". Check supplies. If we are supplied with individual packs, check contents of pack. If we have some sort of storage car, acquire a writing implement and some paper and make an inventory.
"Indeed. That, and intelligence, both as in foreknowledge and the ability to think."

Help inventory supplies. Chat with anyone not napping about what it could be.
Keep an eye on Julia.

The two of you borrow a pencil and clipboard from the conductor and head to the storage car, writing down everything inside.
Spoiler: Supplies (click to show/hide)
There's also a note:
There'll be a train at noon tomorrow to pick you up, and one the day after that if things take longer than expected. The area around the town's all open desert though, so there shouldn't be many places for the monster to hide outside of the town itself.

Disassemble my guns, clean'em, then assemble them back. Make sure I have plently of ammo.

You take your rifle and revolver apart and polish them, being sure to get the dust out of the joints where it tends to accumulate before putting them back together. Then you head to the storage car where Otto and Carl are taking stock and load them. Fifteen rounds for the Winchester, and nine rounds for the LeMat, as well as a single shotgun shell in the second barrel.

Corran snorts in amusement for a moment before settling down and closing his eyes with his private pack now back on his back.

"Try to remember about logistics and intelligence when we face that thing later. I'll be focusing on surviving these monsters again.

If you find any tomahawks in your packs and don't need it I'll take it.
"

Settle down for a nap, keep my private pack on my back and dig through the supplies removing all the tomahawks and stashing them in my pack.

Seeing as nobody else is gonna use them, you take all seven of the tomahawks and store them in you pack before sleeping through the rest of the ride.

Sunan lounges in his seat and pulls out his guitar for the journey.

You take out your guitar and tune it before playing for the rest of the train ride.

The train comes to a stop at Woodcreek after about an hour. Looking out the windows, you can see that the town is utterly deserted. A wagon lies overturned in the center of the main street, and a couple of the flimsier buildings have been smashed apart, no doubt by some sort of huge creature. Some of the sturdier structures are damaged as well, and you notice that the roof of the jailhouse appears to have collapsed in on itself. Fortunately, the station and tracks are untouched, and a crew of burly men quickly set about uncoupling your supply car and moving it off the tracks. As was mentioned in the note, the town is surrounded by flat and featureless desert on all sides as far as the eye can see. As you're looking around, the worried-looking conductor of the train opens the door to your car.

"Erm... I don't wanna be rude, or anything like that, but could you all hurry up and get off? It takes a few minutes for this train to get up to top speed, and the sooner we can leave, the less likely we are to be chased down by whatever did this."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2014, 12:20:29 am »

(( All depends on how you use it, I'll make my tomahawks work just fine. ))

"...We've both been calling them monsters. Everyone calls them monsters. Why are you picking now to criticize this?"

Wake Julia.
Exit the car, helping to remove all the supplies and such.
Claim one of the pistols for personal use and make it clear that I get "dibs" on explosives should a conflict arise in the future in usage.
Sig

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2014, 02:52:54 am »

Walk out of the car, my personal Winchester at ready. Look around attentively for any hidden hostiles. Maybe I will be lucky too see them. If there are any at all.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:56:35 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2014, 06:06:08 am »

"Walk off the train. stand with the others and listen for sounds of movement in the town.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:39:17 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2014, 08:50:04 am »

Get our stuff, restock on ammo while I'm at it. Claim a toothpick, one of the pistols, and a can of beans while I'm at it. Yeah, the whiskey and the tinderbox, too.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22