Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23347 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2014, 01:37:16 pm »

"Well it's kind of simple, monsters like getting close and when you club it with your gun it's going to eat the gun and the hand that's holding it.

When I put my axe through it's spine it'll stay down and this shield is strong enough to take a serious pounding even from monsters. I can fight the monster on it's terms as easily as mine. Your in big trouble if it gets close and it will get close. When that happens you'll be glad I'm here.

As for your preperation, good luck preparing for an enemy you know nothing about. You don't know what it's capable of until it shows you.

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2014, 01:41:46 pm »

"
As for your preperation, good luck preparing for an enemy you know nothing about. You don't know what it's capable of until it shows you.

"Ah, yes, but that is no reason not to prepare. I cannot imagine a situation in which knowing how much extra ammo, medical supplies, and food we've got wouldn't be useful. I've always found that if you don't know what an enemy is capable of, you should do your best to prepare for their worst. So my gefreitor used to say."
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2014, 01:42:39 pm »

"Well it's kind of simple, monsters like getting close and when you club it with your gun it's going to eat the gun and the hand that's holding it.

When I put my axe through it's spine it'll stay down and this shield is strong enough to take a serious pounding even from monsters. I can fight the monster on it's terms as easily as mine. Your in big trouble if it gets close and it will get close. When that happens you'll be glad I'm here.

Sunan strums out a hymn to accompany Corran's words.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2014, 01:47:32 pm »

*murmur Bonnie Blue Flag*
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2014, 01:49:46 pm »

*murmur Bonnie Blue Flag*

Without missing a beat, Sunan starts playing that old Confederate marching song.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2014, 01:58:46 pm »

We are band of brothers, native to the soil
Fighting for our property we gained by honest toil
But when our rights were threaten'd, the cry rose near and far...
*wave hands assuming someone will accompany me*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:00:52 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2014, 02:06:19 pm »

Otto rolls his eyes.
"And when our rights were threaten'd, the cry rose near and far,
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag, that bears a single star!
Hurrah! Hurrah! for southern rights, hurrah!
Hurrah! for the Bonnie Blue flag that bears a single star!
As long as the union was faithful to her trust,
Hurrah hurrah and something-something mumble blah."
He trails off.

"What? I didn't even participate in the goddamn war! English isn't even my native language."
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2014, 02:07:29 pm »

(( Somebody shoot me. NO NOT REALLY.))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2014, 02:09:50 pm »

(( Somebody shoot me. NO NOT REALLY.))
Otto is visited by a momentary urge to shoot Corran, who is staring at him like he just grew horns. He reconsiders it, however. That would be entirely too unfriendly.
"Ah. I'll just stop now. It's making me all weird."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:12:22 pm by Avis-Mergulus »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2014, 02:12:26 pm »

"What? I didn't even participate in the goddamn war! English isn't even my native language."

- It's neither my native, old champ. Besides, I just wanted to add a bit of amusement. Because otherwise I would continue my pointless argument with Corran. Or Carl. I just decided to direct the flow of words alcohol causes me to spit in some harmless direction.
Sigs

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »

"Well it's kind of simple, monsters like getting close--"
"So why do you give them what they want?"

"When I put my axe through it's spine it'll stay down and this shield is strong enough to take a serious pounding even from monsters."
"Weren't you saying just a minute ago that you can't expect monsters to follow rules of how things 'should' work?"

"I can fight the monster on it's terms as easily as mine. Your in big trouble if it gets close and it will get close. When that happens you'll be glad I'm here."
"It is inherently foolish to choose as your battlefield the one where the enemy is strongest. Strike the enemy's weak point, not where they are strongest. Moreover, what if a monster has some variety of attack that leaves it out of your axe-range, such as spitting venom, or a pair of long arms?"

"As for your preperation, good luck preparing for an enemy you know nothing about."
"Precisely my point. As to your other claim, just ask others who have seen the monster. Also, I highly expect that those who fight monsters begin to learn patterns. Why do you think that, out of the small percentage of monster hunters who last more than a month, remarkably few die in their second?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2014, 02:25:45 pm »

"This is not a should work, I've faced 4 and my shield held against each. When they stay back I have my tomahawk for range. It does more damage then a bullet at the cost of shorter range.

Besides you have guns if it stays back you kill it. I like to get in close to look my enemy in the eye as it dies. To show it the respect it deserves as a warrior.

I'm 2 months in so my odds are better then yours.
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2014, 02:47:40 pm »

- It's neither my native, old champ. Besides, I just wanted to add a bit of amusement. Because otherwise I would continue my pointless argument with Corran. Or Carl. I just decided to direct the flow of words alcohol causes me to spit in some harmless direction.
"I'll have you know that I have been officially banned from singing the Kaiserhymne - our gefreitor said, and I quote, "Stop that, Koffler, you sound like a bandsaw vigorously coupling with a dairymaid. God damn, if I hear you do that again, I swear I'll smack ya." So I had to recite it at parades instead of singing. True story."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2014, 02:59:44 pm »

- Yeah. The officers, they are just this kind of folks. You know what our corporal asked me for once? He asked me to march forward while british were running at us. With cavalry. Show them the might of Russian spirit, he said. Old marasmatic fool. I needed something more than my spirit to stand between me and that horseman.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:01:31 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2014, 03:08:36 pm »

"This is not a should work, I've faced 4 and my shield held against each. When they stay back I have my tomahawk for range. It does more damage then a bullet at the cost of shorter range.

Besides you have guns if it stays back you kill it. I like to get in close to look my enemy in the eye as it dies. To show it the respect it deserves as a warrior.

I'm 2 months in so my odds are better then yours.

Sunan strikes up "You are going to the wars, Willy boy!"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22