Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23307 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Monster Hunting in the Old West
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 05:52:53 pm »

There aren't really any reservations. First team of five to form gets the first mission, second team gets the second, and so on and so forth.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 05:57:03 pm »

Sunan pulls out his guitar and gives it a gentle strum, "Hello, all. I am Sunan, Star of the East, Student of the Ancient Mysteries, renowned troubadour and singer." Sunan cocks his head, thinking. "And I would like a shot of whisky."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 06:07:17 pm »

Spoiler: Otto Koffler (click to show/hide)
"Nice to meet you, gentlemen. Otto's the name. I'll have what the most esteemed troubadour is having." He smiles politely.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:04:55 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 06:21:00 pm »

- Yeah, this charismatic six-string samurai is right - refreshments needed. Vodka, please. Leave the bottle.
Kuzma turns to Otto.
- This is a fine rifle you possess. Austrian isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:22:54 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 06:31:52 pm »

Sunan looks down at his guitar in mock horror. "Someone's nicked my seventh string! Those bastards!"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 06:34:11 pm »

- Sorry about that. In my homeland we used to have six.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 06:36:56 pm »

There aren't really any reservations. First team of five to form gets the first mission, second team gets the second, and so on and so forth.
Wait, does that mean that we only get one mission and need to re-apply to join another?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 06:38:45 pm »

Sunan smiles and sits down beside Kuzma. "A joke, a joke. Unless one of the beautiful women here would like to donate a g-string...?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »

(( I'd assume we just form a new team when we get back and go for the next. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 06:40:09 pm »

"Yes - my army rifle, in fact. Nicked it when they discharged me. It served me well, so I didn't see why I should leave it in the hands of fools and cowards. You have served yourself, I take it?"
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 06:52:52 pm »

"Yes - my army rifle, in fact. Nicked it when they discharged me. It served me well, so I didn't see why I should leave it in the hands of fools and cowards. You have served yourself, I take it?"
- Twice. Back to Crimea, I fought foreign interventionists on the pacific coast of the Russian Empire, and recently I took part in the local mess called Civil War. Chose the wrong side, unfortunately.
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 07:03:25 pm »

- Twice. Back to Crimea, I fought foreign interventionists on the pacific coast of the Russian Empire, and recently I took part in the local mess called Civil War. Chose the wrong side, unfortunately.
"Sucks for you. The most recent shitstorm I was involved in was the Seven Weeks' War, and we kinda lost, too. Von Benedek lost the Koniggratz, and the Prussians just generally trod over us. Didn't get to participate in the local war, though - just arrived."
((Damn. Otto can't have a Wanzl rifle because it was introduced in 1867, and the Seven Weeks' War ended in 1866. Editing again.))\

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 07:04:32 pm »

((Trying to decide how much crazy to add. Specifically, I'm considering having the South have been going through a Communist/fascist revolution.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 07:16:24 pm »

"Name's Carl. Carl Anderson. I'm good at making and fixing stuff; this sounds more like a 'breaking stuff' job. Sure you can find a job for me?"

"Oh, don't worry, we're always in need of a fixer. Monsters have a habit of breaking things, you see? Houses, stores, soldiers' legs... You'll be kept pretty busy."

Sunan pulls out his guitar and gives it a gentle strum, "Hello, all. I am Sunan, Star of the East, Student of the Ancient Mysteries, renowned troubadour and singer." Sunan cocks his head, thinking. "And I would like a shot of whisky."

"That's quite the title you have there. Let's hope you manage to become a Star of the West too." The barkeep grabs a bottle of scotch whiskey from the shelf behind him and pours it into two shot glasses, sliding one across the bar to you.

"Nice to meet you, gentlemen. Otto's the name. I'll have what the most esteemed troubadour is having." He smiles politely.

"A Lorenz, eh? Well, I'm gonna assume that since you're alive and well, you've got one of the good ones and not one of the American knock-offs that have been showing up recently." The barkeep slides the other shot of whiskey over to you.

The barkeep puts the whiskey back on the shelf, grabs a large bottle of vodka and pours it into a glass before setting both of them in front of you. "I served as a mercenary for France for a year and poked around in Mexico for a bit. Left after we took their capital, and considering the state of things down there with the monsters now, I'm glad I left when I did. By the way, any news on whether or not Alexander's still got that monster-nest of Alaska up for sale? Now that the Civil War's over, I bet that he could probably find a buyer in America for it."

Wait, does that mean that we only get one mission and need to re-apply to join another?

Nope. You just wait until your team's turn rolls around again, and then go on another mission. Once things get rolling, I might start up another thread so that people waiting in the saloon can chat, and maybe even gamble a bit.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 07:22:33 pm »

- Then let's have a drink for further victories, friendship of nations and music!, - says Kuzma while filling a few glasses with vodka and offering them to Otto and Sunan.

- Things are going to be messed up everywhere now, but I do hope that our beloved Tzar will have enough brains to keep a territory of strategic importance like Alaska. But I have doubts about it.
Sigs

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22