Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: SHIT, LET'S BE ADVENTURING: UPDATES NOW A THING  (Read 9459 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: SHIT, LET'S BE ADVENTURING: EXPLODING BIRDS
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 11:09:24 am »

Surrender the fight, since the hydra's clearly the winner here. Grab the wooden plank. Draw a face on it with something in the area and rename it Plank. Ask Plank for advice on what to do.
NOPE! DON'T MESS WITH MY SHIT! I WILL BITE YOUR FACE RIGHT OFF YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:15:50 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 12:05:16 pm »

Fall over and paw at pants like a kitten.
Realize that's stupid and wriggle out from under the pants.
Try to get them back on somehow.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 04:47:15 pm »

Mary smiles slightly behind her fan, "A faeery widz manners! You are getting more eenteresting widz each moment, Monsieur!"

"I think it was less manners and the fact that neither my Pa or my Ma was high on the caste system. And they lead the revolt against the caste system... Funny, I don't think that was resolved before I woke up here."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 05:05:19 pm »

"I think it was less manners and the fact that neither my Pa or my Ma was high on the caste system. And they lead the revolt against the caste system... Funny, I don't think that was resolved before I woke up here."

Mary thoughtfully taps her fan against her chin. "Hmmm... I am sorry to 'ear dzat. And 'ow deed you end up 'ere?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »

"I dunno. I have a feeling like I encountered some form of emotional trauma and then tried to kill something and ended up teleported. That would explain the head ache. Or maybe I got a dose of Highborn dust. No one can resist that stuff."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 05:40:24 pm »

"I see... A shame. I was 'oping dzat you could shed some leeght on dzis predeecament. You faeeres are known for your mischief."

Mary slips her hand around Kyle's elbow. "Oh well. À raconter ses maux, souvent on les soulage, oui? Let us do some travail de détective and perhaps all weell be well." Mary walks with Kyle towards the source of the knocking noise.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 06:01:38 pm »

Kyle nods with a simple aye.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 08:12:05 pm »

destroy more beasts in the wild.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2014, 02:02:00 am »

In.

NAME: Not-Flimsy Wizard
RACE: Magical Elephant
DESCRIPTION: Unlike his equivalents in most dimensions, Not-Flimsy Wizard isn't flimsy. Quite the opposite, in fact.
STARTING ACTION: Study magical books. Learn Thunder Trumpet.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2014, 02:45:54 am »

In.

NAME: Takahiro Ueda
RACE: [Male] Yuki-Onna
DESCRIPTION: Apparently, the disintegration of gender restrictions in the egalitarian modern world means that men are also qualified to become yuki-onna. In Takahiro's case, he got really drunk and somehow got passed out in an industrial freezer where he froze to death. This occurred in a mid-summer solstice. During a heatwave. In the middle of motherfucking Texas. He also isn't very happy that the name of his race specifies a female gender.
STARTING ACTION: He bitches about his race name.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:33:58 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SHIT, LET'S BE ADVENTURING: BLASTLESS BIRD THAT SHOUTS WITH A GERMAN ACCENT
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2014, 11:26:34 am »

In.

NAME: Not-Flimsy Wizard
RACE: Magical Elephant
DESCRIPTION: Unlike his equivalents in most dimensions, Not-Flimsy Wizard isn't flimsy. Quite the opposite, in fact.
STARTING ACTION: Study magical books. Learn Thunder Trumpet.
In.

NAME: Takahiro Ueda
RACE: [Male] Yuki-Onna
DESCRIPTION: Apparently, the disintegration of gender restrictions in the egalitarian modern world means that men are also qualified to become yuki-onna. In Takahiro's case, he got really drunk and somehow got passed out in an industrial freezer where he froze to death. This occurred in a mid-summer solstice. During a heatwave. In the middle of motherfucking Texas. He also isn't very happy that the name of his race specifies a female gender.
STARTING ACTION: He bitches about his race name.

You've been waitlisted. It shouldn't take extremely long.

((Assuming that I'm not misunderstanding the three actions per turn bit. Also, what is flectomancy supposed to be?))

You're par for the course with the three actions thing, yeah. Flectomancy is the art of ~magical tinkering~ since I haven't managed to figure out a proper -mancy for "creating stuff using PURE MAGICK". If you have a better term, link me.

Turn Three

Dwarven Dick Detective v Dave D. Davidson v Azol-Gathog
Surrender the fight, since the hydra's clearly the winner here. Grab the wooden plank. Draw a face on it with something in the area and rename it Plank. Ask Plank for advice on what to do.
NOPE! DON'T MESS WITH MY SHIT! I WILL BITE YOUR FACE RIGHT OFF YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Subdue anyone who would interfere with my plank, by stuffing myself into whichever orifice they use for breathing.

[N/A] Your opponent refuses for the fight to end! [5] You grab the plank and rip it off with the nails still attached. This creates a hazard in the form of a hole in the platform. You're fairly sure you can see the ground from here.
[6v3] As Dick attempts to figure out a way to draw something on his newly acquired piece of lumber, an angry sponge springs itself into his mouth! Coming from seemingly nowhere, it blocks your airways and leaves you gagging. Status get: Suffocating.
[2] Dick finds himself too busy fighting suffocation to create imaginary friends right now.
[5v5] Dave finds himself once more unable to hit a dwarf flailing around at high speed.

Lady Mary Anjou and Kyle Johnson
1. Create some fancy stockings and shoes to cloth my bare legs and feet.
2. Help the cat remove the leather pants from its head.
3. Try to find the source of the knocking.

Do as the nice lady says. Then investigate the knocking. And finally try flying.

[1] Attempting to recreate the motions from her previous creation of clothing, Mary only manages to disappear her pants. Huh.
[4] You stroll over to the cat, but it has already managed taking off the pants before you got there. Quite the spectacular display, while at it.
[5] It doesn't take long before you reach the source of this disturbance. A large clockwork woodpecker made out of brass is perched atop a ladder leading downwards and is smacking the ladder against the platform you're on with full force. Once you're near, it turns to speak to you.

"JA I AM ZER URHWERKSPECHT UND YOU ARE WORTH 2K MONIES"

It promptly returns to its previous tomfoolery.

[5] Kyle notices that while other powers might be unavailable to him, his wings are still fine and flying is a pretty trivial task. He briefly wonders if this happens to be a RACIAL ABILITY. Why, saying that people have such abilities would be racist!
From his higher vantage point, he notices that a person in a white robe is shouting in their general direction while waving a staff. Can't hear them over the bird, though.
Your headache appears to have gone away now.

Flectomancy check:
[5] The +fancy dress+ holds fast!
[4] The huge bow dissolves!

Fall over and paw at pants like a kitten.
Realize that's stupid and wriggle out from under the pants.
Try to get them back on somehow.

[5] You rip and claw at the pants! The leather is torn further! The pants have turned into Pieces of Leather! You add the Pieces of Leather into your inventory.
[2] Why, acquiring the Pieces of Leather was the best decision you've made today. Shame you can't put them back on, though.

destroy more beasts in the wild.

[6] There are no more beasts to be found. All the beasts have been hidden! They are hiding the beasts from you, the bastards! You won't stand for this for a split second, no, who do they take you for?
You rush over to the edge of the platform and find yourself a [3] mountain gorilla! It's right there, at the bottom, and what has never failed you in the past? You slam down onto it with a shriek of primal rage and [1v3] slam into the ground right next to it.
[4] It appears that you have broken a rib. It's nothing serious, though. [5] The gorilla remains oblivious to your attempts at aggression.

Spot/Listen Check:
[5] Depriving information? Psh. You always knew that the platform is actually pretty tiny, a square of twenty meters across maybe. You're about ten meters above the ground on a glorified treehouse that doesn't actually have walls, a roof, door, windows, or the actual house part.
The wind is blowing continuously towards the east, the sun is shining bright and there is literally nothing else to spot unless you have spotted it yourself already.

Players:

Spoiler: Dwarven Dick Detective (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mary Anjou (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave D. Davidson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armork (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Azol-Gathog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GCat (click to show/hide)

NPCs:

Spoiler: Brass Bird (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Robed Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mountain Gorilla (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:32:56 am by LordSlowpoke »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Spit out sponge and if I'm sucesfull, throw or kick sponge down hole. Shoot hydra with machine gun.
(( racial ability could be a machine gun that transforms into a ring of keys and back randomly, alongside being immune to alcohol poisoning and being short.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:53:14 pm by darkpaladin109 »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle turns to the highborn and... promptly gets distracted due to the fact she isn't wearing pants.
"Jebus... just like one of my echi pics..."
Kyle stares a little more at Mary before readying a pouch of magic dust (read, crack/LSD that can be absorbed through the skin.) and flies over to the guy that's yelling to see what he wants.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

Kyle turns to the highborn and... promptly gets distracted due to the fact she isn't wearing pants.
"Jebus... just like one of my echi pics..."
Kyle stares a little more at Mary before readying a pouch of magic dust (read, crack/LSD that can be absorbed through the skin.) and flies over to the guy that's yelling to see what he wants.
NOT COOL BRO! I'MA KILL YOU SO HARD! I use my hydra elemental breath powers.
Mainfest machinge gun that randomly transforms into ring of keys as dwarven racial ability. Spit out sponge and if I'm sucesfull, throw or kick sponge down hole. Shoot hydra with machine gun.
THIS ALSO APPLIES TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:49:08 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If that works I have a reaction for that prepared.
"I'm sorry mister murderous Hydra! It's an instinctual reaction I couldn't help it!"
Cue panic and screaming.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6