Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is

no poll
anymore :]

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Play OpenXcom! (always recruiting)  (Read 68849 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play OpenXcom! (always recruiting)
« Reply #450 on: February 16, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »

I could have sworn you did...then again, I don't keep track of who submits each recruit; I'm more concerned with how long they live and how much ass they kick in the meantime.

I wanted to submit a character for the anime squad, but never really got around to doing it. *shrug*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 16, 2014, 10:50:27 pm »

Sorry for DP, but can someone teach me how to compile the game on a Mac? I really want to play it..
Get a Windows computer.
I'm going to kill you.
Hard to do that when you're already dead :P
Speaking of, next update has been played and is being written up. Prepare for ACTION.
Run Parallels?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 16, 2014, 10:53:14 pm »

Sorry for DP, but can someone teach me how to compile the game on a Mac? I really want to play it..
Get a Windows computer.
I'm going to kill you.
Speaking of, next update has been played and is being written up. Prepare for ACTION.
Run Parallels?
I'm sorry?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #453 on: February 16, 2014, 11:30:59 pm »

Get a Windows computer.
I'm going to kill you.
Run Parallels?
I'm sorry?
Yes I KNOW of this solution thank you. Unfortunately this is not my computer *pushes all Macs as far away from self as possible* so I can't just fuck with it.

EDIT: Also this is off-topic so stopping now.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 16, 2014, 11:48:06 pm »

Get a Windows computer.
I'm going to kill you.
Run Parallels?
I'm sorry?
Yes I KNOW of this solution thank you. Unfortunately this is not my computer *pushes all Macs as far away from self as possible* so I can't just fuck with it.
D
EDIT: Also this is off-topic so stopping now.
OpenXCom does have Mac builds, both stable and unofficial nightlies. Do those not work for you?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #455 on: February 16, 2014, 11:55:47 pm »

OpenXCom does have Mac builds, both stable and unofficial nightlies. Do those not work for you?
Yeah but you have to compile them yourself, which I don't even know what that means or how to do that..

^^^^^^^^
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:58:12 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 17, 2014, 12:57:51 am »

Yeah but you have to compile them yourself, which I don't even know what that means or how to do that..

^^^^^^^^
There's a link to a reasonably simple compiling guide in the downloads section, plus you could try the existing compiled build for 10.7 or whichever it's for, and on top of that if it doesn't work you can ask in the forum in case someone has the same OS version as you and has the game already compiled.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 17, 2014, 01:12:27 am »

Really stupid question but, does java run on Safari one Mac OS?
You could try the browser version someone compiled. X-Com in your browser? What?!?
Keep in mind that while technically the site hosting the assets is for "testing purposes only" it's still liable to be taken down for copyright infringement, so only play if you don't mind the possibility of your game becoming unloadable at some point in time.
Also i should note that I had trouble running this on firefox, the cursor was slow, internet explorer had terrible security settings related problems, and I finally got it running on chrome.
Sadly It wouldn't run on my iPhone :( Sadly while it ran on my iPhone, the world map was garbled and lack of a keyboard prevented me from naming my first base and starting the game.

Oh, I have noticed the game sometimes crashes, so make sure you save often, it also ALWAYS crashes if you go to make a new base then cancel, lastly it doesn't remember your settings so if you change any of the options like death messages, inhanced battlescape information, stat information etc, you'll need to change them again each time you load. And i have a suspicion that the difficluty might reset to since this game is far too easy for superhuman, I'm only losing half my squad each mission before getting body armour.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:18:15 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #458 on: February 17, 2014, 01:18:50 am »

^^^^^^^^
There's a link to a reasonably simple compiling guide in the downloads section, plus you could try the existing compiled build for 10.7 or whichever it's for, and on top of that if it doesn't work you can ask in the forum in case someone has the same OS version as you and has the game already compiled.
I have 10.6, and also the compiling guides are outdated as far as I know? Not completely sure, perhaps I need to check again, but I do know of them.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 17, 2014, 03:07:28 am »

There are several threads on the forum asking or telling about the Mac builds, so you should check those out.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 17, 2014, 08:28:51 am »

I wanted to submit a character for the anime squad, but never really got around to doing it. *shrug*
Joooooin ussssssss.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:53 pm »

My vote goes towards EagleBurgerFry.
+1
: "That's even worse. Oh, whatever."

April 4th, 1999

And with that, X-COM had two bases.

Unfortunately unlike with Mishima Fort, the initial cost here was only for building the surface access lift. It will be some time and a lot of money before the EagleBurgerFry can be considered habitable, let alone operational.
Personal note: I still shudder every time I type out 'EagleBurgerFry'. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, things continue as normal. Lt John Baker and the automated interceptor, HAL <9000, continue to hunt for UFOs beyond Mishima Fort's detection range.

April 5th, 1999

Speak of the devil. It's moving very quickly, but I order Lt John Baker to try for it anyway. HAL <9000 is too low on fuel to make the attempt.

The UFO quickly disappears off radar, and although John Baker sticks around the alien craft does not come back.

However, he spotted something else. In the ruins of Calcutta, of all things. We cannot miss this opportunity. I order the squad to prepare for battle as soon as John DakkaDakka gets out of the medbay.

Unfortunately, the aliens didn't want to wait.

Operation Spitting Sweet Baby Jesus

: "Okay Happy Hokuten. You wanted to be first off the Skyranger, now show us what you can do."
Happy Hokuten: "Yessir!"

John Miller: "Pilot sure picked one hell of a spot to land."
Vector Syinth: "Night time, too. Goddammit. Let's get those flares out and light the place up!"

Happy Hokuten: "Aaaagh!"
John Miller: "Dammit! Rookie got sniped from that alleyway."

R-110B: "TARGET SIGHTED. DESIGNATION CYBERDISK. BACK-UP REQUIRED."

*it exploded here. take my word for it*
R-110B: "CORRECTION. TARGET ELIMINATED."

John Miller: "Found a sectoid hiding in this warehouse. He's down...though in hindsight we probably could have captured it."

Bano Barquero: "Shit man, this is crazy. Smoke and lasers everywhere."

Redshirt Jackson: "Oh hey, who's the grey guy over th--"

Redshirt Jackson: *whilhelm*
: "How did no-one shoot that Sectoid?!"
John Miller: "I...don't know. That sucks though, he had a stun stick. Anyone else wanna try their luck?"
Vector Syinth: "Yeah, I'll give it a shot. Be a little more ready though."

John Miller: "There it is! And he's down! Damn I'm go--"

Vector Syinth: "WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!"
Roman Howard: "I think that came from upstairs in this building I'm in! Gonna check it out! Everyone else, try to take cover."

Vector Syinth: "Don't have to tell me twice. Also, I think I see another Sectoid in here."

Vector Syinth: "Well, something exploded into green stuff."

Bano Barquero: "I see another disk, man! And all I got is a wimpy pistol!"
Tom Walman: "I see it too. Can't get a clear shot though."

Roman Howard: "...oh FUCK. Guys, behind you!!"

Spehss: "There's another on the roof! It's a trap!"
Roman Howard: "Spehss, light em up! But let me get out of the way...first."
Spehss: "Sir?"
Roman Howard: "...fuck it, my pistol can't break through these walls. Do it!"

Spehss: "Dammit, these explosive rounds are USELESS against those! Welp, I'm dead."
*Cyberdisk miraculously misses on its turn*
Spehss: "I'm not dead!"

Tom Walman: "Cyberdisk over here is down!"
Whizzy McGun: "I'm coming back to help!"

Whizzy McGun: "Argleblarg!"

Spehss: "Just die already!"

Spehss: "Ffffffff..."

R-110B: "CURIOUS. THIS SPECIMEN APPEARS TO BE FUNCTIONAL STILL."
((impossible to reliably screenshot, but the disk's "corpse" makes the cursor box flash as if it were a living unit. Which is weird, because I know I saw it explode. It's annoying because my units cannot walk on it.))

Ralphy Rifleson: "Why was I stuck with rearguard? Blargle..."

R-110B: "ANOTHER DISK SPOTTED. FIRING."

R-110B: "TARGET ELIMINATED."

Broomy McBucket Mk2: "EnEmii e5cApinG to TEH @b0VE"

Broomy McBucket Mk2: "B00M"

Tom Walman: "There's another one! How many of these things are there?!"

Bano Barquero: "Ha! Got it with my pistol. Must have been the one Spehss weakened."
: "Stay sharp, ladies and gentlemen. There's still movement out there, and Rifleson's killer still unaccounted for."
Maxclone II: "Anyone find it weird that we haven't seen a single civilian yet? Could they all have been killed by the time we got here?"

Vector Syinth: "Sheesh! Those came way too close for comfort, and we're out of smoke grenades over here."

Broomy McBucket: "snIPEr sP0tt3D! And it's GOOOOOOOD."
Vector Syinth: "...I think it means it killed the alien. Nice use of the flare there, Bano."

R-110B: "ALERT. INCOMING FIRE. UNABLE TO SEE TARGET."
Maxclone II: "We've got someone shooting over here as well. These things just don't stop coming!"

Roman Howard: "Sectoid sighted! I pinged him once, but he's still up."

R-110B: "TARGET IS DOWN."

Broomy McBucket Mk2: "FzzzzzzzzzzzzZZT!!!"

Maxclone II: "I see the shooter! See if you can get some grenades in there!"

Roman Howard: "I don't think that was the shooter. Just took out another one you guys couldn't see."

R-110B: "CRITical damage"

Bano Barquero:*unintelligible Spanish, probably cursing*

Vector Syinth: "Son of a bitch! Got him, but a little too late for those guys."

Turns out that was the last one. As for the civilians, it seems that this was a commercial district and most people had gone home already.

We took heavy casualties, but for the first time we managed to repel an alien terror attack without resorting to the wholesale destruction that is Hammerdown. This is a major milestone, though we still have that alien base to deal with. Things are far from over.

No promotions for some reason. Also, Tom Walman took a shot and lost health, but apparently wasn't wounded. She's still fit for duty.
Look forward to lots of new recruits next time. And then, the Alien Base!

Also, roster and graveyard are up to date.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 17, 2014, 06:22:53 pm »

That was a stupid number of cyberdisks.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 17, 2014, 06:25:19 pm »

Whizzy McGun: "I'm coming back to help!"
Wasn't he a helicopter toy strapped to a gun?

Anyways~ Woohoo! We beat the mission and found a base!

Name: Broomy Mcbucket (Prototype Model II Anti-Infiltration Test Type)
Preferences: Pistols, Stun Weapons, Rifles if needed, grenades
Bio: The other Prototype Model II produced by Project Buckethead. This Broomy has had his arms and legs reinforced to steady his shooting, and had a small camera placed behind a pinhole in his head that broadcasts back to HQ. It was built based off the original Broomy's success at rooting out the spy Ordin Hooman. During its production the error in its Tape Recorder was finally repaired, allowing it to speak with a normal voice. Due to its purpose, the contents of its audio tape have been swapped out with a collection of all the lines from every James Bond movie ever.

It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 17, 2014, 06:35:47 pm »

I can't keep track of every character's idiosyncrasies :P

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43