Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

There is

no poll
anymore :]

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43

Author Topic: Let's Play OpenXcom! (always recruiting)  (Read 68734 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play OpenXcom! (always recruiting)
« Reply #345 on: February 08, 2014, 09:55:38 pm »

I just hope you didn't forget to add Suspenders Magee to list.
Of course I didn't!
Shhh, don't tell him.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2014, 11:34:05 pm »

Redshirt lived! What heresy is this?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 09, 2014, 12:39:15 am »

Well that was a bloodbath, as expected really, nobody stands a chance till you get some armour.

March 17th, 1999
((This was a "my bad". In the rush to get Emile inside to stun an alien, I completely forgot that you could open doors without rushing through...))
How?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 09, 2014, 12:42:31 am »

Right click the door.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 09, 2014, 01:02:37 am »

looking at the graveyard it stands to reason that we need some sort of protection against plasma MORE MEATSHIELDS, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2014, 01:12:16 am »

Yeah, when I checked it, I was expecting to see something like "killed by sectoid", and then I laughed when all it was was "plasma plasma plasma plasma plasma plasma plasma plasma plasma plasma plasma plasma plasma "
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2014, 02:04:09 am »

Well that was a bloodbath, as expected really, nobody stands a chance till you get some armour.

March 17th, 1999
((This was a "my bad". In the rush to get Emile inside to stun an alien, I completely forgot that you could open doors without rushing through...))
How?
If you right click and cancel their orders as the door is opening they won't run in. I personally forget this constantly and charge in screaming that humanity wants to taste alien blood.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2014, 02:52:31 am »

March 17th, 1999
How?
If you right click and cancel their orders as the door is opening they won't run in. I personally forget this constantly and charge in screaming that humanity wants to taste alien blood.
No, you need to position them at the door, right-click to face the door, then right-click again to open the door without going in.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 09, 2014, 02:59:38 am »

You learn something new everyday.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 09, 2014, 06:55:16 am »

I also did not know that! I should maybe apologize to some of my troops. Knowing that it's physically possible to open a door without moving through it sounds like a fairly Commandery thing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 09, 2014, 07:45:46 am »

Welp, new character time now.
A scientist with two files, one bigger than the other walks up to the marshall. He gives him one of the files. "We've got a new recruit."
Name: John DeFoe
Preferences (weapons, stats, etc): Meele weapons, heavy weaponz
Bio: Appeared in the HQ suddenly a few weeks ago. It happened shortly after one of the scientist brought a wooden idol from a burned down english mansion, to study why it survived the flames that consumed the mansion. He was captured and his past was researched.
Image:
He hands the marshall the other file. "Here's what we've found out about him."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 09, 2014, 07:56:18 am »

I also did not know that! I should maybe apologize to some of my troops. Knowing that it's physically possible to open a door without moving through it sounds like a fairly Commandery thing.
Keep in mind that this "right-click to open door" thing apparently only works in OpenXcom. ClassicCOM doesn't have this useful feature...at least not that I know of :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 09, 2014, 08:01:35 am »

Keep in mind that this "right-click to open door" thing apparently only works in OpenXcom. ClassicCOM doesn't have this useful feature...at least not that I know of :P
Oh, well, that'd explain it. I'm competent after all!

Though this is still useful information should I decide to play OpenXcom in the future, which is likely.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 09, 2014, 09:42:56 am »

you didn't forget jack ripper right?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 09, 2014, 09:45:19 am »

It also was a feature in Terror from the Deep, but... TftD. Need I say more?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43