Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Steel Swarm [Suggestion Game]  (Read 3857 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Steel Swarm [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 09:47:17 pm »

Might I present a third option?

[ ] Strength, Health and Armour
[ ] Ranged Piercing, a distant enemy is a dead enemy.
[ ] There will be two of me.
[ ] Ranged attacks are harpoons, with retractable lines.

This will combine the powerful melee strength with a ranged attack that will draw in the enemy!
And I choose 2 as 1 is for solo, and 1 is for trio.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 06:50:57 am »

All my what.

I began by creating the stats for "Gl'blogyb the Dastardly Crab" after the first +1. I write the post, and then notice that in the meantime 2 posts have shown up voting for "Triple Ripper". I then scrapped the post and wrote the stats for it instead, but it was a bit late to write the actual post and then went to bed.

And now I wake up to a 2-way tie between them.

Since I have the stats for them anyway, then I am presenting the two possibilities.

Gl'blogyb
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Gl'blogyb stands at about the size of a large dog, with most of its size being its enormous claws. It is crablike in most respects, except that it has no mouth, and 8 eyes arrayed over its head and has a metallic sheen. Its claws are capable of crushing even the sturdiest armour, and it is also capable of taking punishment, sporting a thick steel shell.

Gl'blogyb is capable of instakilling itself with a hit to one of its limbs, and hitting its torso leaves it with 1 health and a completely shattered armour. But that is purely because of its extremely powerful claws, it is actually quite tanky, and removing limbs has little effect on its combat ability.

Ripper x3
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

The Ripper is thin and bipedal, with a long tail, and sporting two oversized legs. It's tiny head extends into several glowing tendrils at the back, and hidden within its body are several sharp blades. Standing at about the height of a mans knee, and not with a lot of natural strength, it is easy to underestimate. However at dead run, it can extend the blades from its body, and with sufficient speed, cut an opponents limb clean off.

In mechanical terms, the ripper is a single-shot glass cannon. There is a high likelyhood of someone destroying one of its limbs. But with a sufficiently good charge, it is capable of killing many things, and if it isn't good enough, you still have 2 more tries. The possibility of having 3 Rippers kicking and dazing an enemy should also not be discounted.

Make your pick:

[ ] Gl'blogyb the Dastardly Crab
[ ] Triple Ripper

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 07:58:39 am »

[X] Triple Ripper
Main problem with the crab is that it needs to stay near the target crushing it, making it an immobile target for other enemies that may be present. Also, it lacks the ability to do long jumps, severely limiting it's all terrain mobility... something that is needed for the escape
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 08:20:07 am »

Triple ripper
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 08:21:00 am »

[X] Triple Ripper
Main problem with the crab is that it needs to stay near the target crushing it, making it an immobile target for other enemies that may be present. Also, it lacks the ability to do long jumps, severely limiting it's all terrain mobility... something that is needed for the escape
+1 to this the ripper is far more interesting.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 08:29:50 am »

[X] Triple Ripper
+1 to this the ripper is far more interesting.
+1
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 09:42:35 am »

Crab!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 11:31:48 am »

The scientists have been waiting and observing the shell for a long time. They know that something is happening. Thermals show random areas heating up and cooling down again. But after several hours, most have gone to examine other artifacts. Only a single one is around to keep watch. A sudden rise in temperature leaves him unfazed. The large cracks in the shell are a different matter though.

Unfurling from three clumped up beings was difficult, but the Rippers are fast. They launch themselves away from eachother and begin running laps around the observation room, attempting to calibrate their motors. They then stop simultaneously and observe their surrounding.

The room is cylindrical and surrounded by unpainted concrete walls. A wide window of reinforced glass lies between the Rippers and the observer, the window is low enough to jump, but not low enough to attack without difficulty. A solid steel door connects the two rooms. High up is a crane used for dropping materials into the room, and on the walls are several ventilation shafts, just high enough for the Rippers to reach.

The observer remains seated, and does not realize that he should sound the alarm yet, but it wont last for long.

[ ] Charge the window before the observer realizes what is happening.
[ ] Slash at the door.
[ ] Escape through the vents.
[ ] Other?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 11:45:10 am »

[X] Escape through the vents.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 12:05:53 pm »

+1 Or failing that, Start lauching yourselves at the window! Stand on top of each other to gain the height needed to it.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 12:07:34 pm »

Hmmm. . .  our position allows us to chose all three, but, because of us being weak, it is impractical to do the ones that require great physical effort.

that may be the more sane of the choices. . . . +1, but leave one of us behind to present a distraction as we escape. Possibly fake charge at the window, stop last second and tap at it.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 12:19:56 pm »

D: Stay perfectly still until he gets board and gives you more mats.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »

Actually, it could be amusing to try and scratch some gibberish into the window. Make the poor idiot think your trying to communicate with him. See what happens.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 12:27:46 pm »

Actually, it could be amusing to try and scratch some gibberish into the window. Make the poor idiot think your trying to communicate with him. See what happens.
+1. If that fails just run to the vents
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 12:29:11 pm »

+1. If that fails just run to the vents
Hooray for mind games! +1 if my thing doesn't work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5