Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I have a Dwarf and booze related question...  (Read 1085 times)

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have a Dwarf and booze related question...
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 02:09:26 pm »

The manager works great for, "I want to make 40 tables and 40 chairs for the dining room," not as much for, "I want to make sure there is always drinks available."

Right, but that's not what the manager is for. That's what you are for as the fortress overseer ;)
And that was my point, the manager was brought up a a solution to keeping jobs running when the brew jobs were canceled from lack of brewable plants.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 02:28:01 pm »

The manager works great for, "I want to make 40 tables and 40 chairs for the dining room," not as much for, "I want to make sure there is always drinks available."

Right, but that's not what the manager is for. That's what you are for as the fortress overseer ;)
And that was my point, the manager was brought up a a solution to keeping jobs running when the brew jobs were canceled from lack of brewable plants.

Quite right. The next counter argument was that you "can only assign batches of 30". That is what I was posting in reply to. 

Eg, you want your dwarves to not just cancel your brew drinks jobs you put on repeat at the still when urist mcfarmer bogarts the barrel, or when Urist McGastronomist decides to gorge on raw mushrooms, and hauls off the whole barrel.

You can put any arbitrary number of jobs in the manager, you just have to break up the production runs. It isn't limited to "just 30".

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:36 pm »

Quite right. The next counter argument was that you "can only assign batches of 30". That is what I was posting in reply to. 

Eg, you want your dwarves to not just cancel your brew drinks jobs you put on repeat at the still when urist mcfarmer bogarts the barrel, or when Urist McGastronomist decides to gorge on raw mushrooms, and hauls off the whole barrel.

You can put any arbitrary number of jobs in the manager, you just have to break up the production runs. It isn't limited to "just 30".

Ha-ha, we are all saying the same thing and replying to only portions of earlier posts.  I'm breaking the cycle!

As was mentioned, playing around with stockpiles and/or introducing other plants is the way to go.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 07:32:58 pm »

Couldn't you just turn off "cook" or whatever for the plump helmets so they're in your Kitchen as brew-only? I've never had a problem with this, and that's the only thing I do - any brewable item immediately becomes brew-only, no cooking allowed.
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 09:20:02 pm »

Couldn't you just turn off "cook" or whatever for the plump helmets so they're in your Kitchen as brew-only? I've never had a problem with this, and that's the only thing I do - any brewable item immediately becomes brew-only, no cooking allowed.

Came here to say this: the kitchen menu should let you decide what gets cooked and what gets brewed (or rather what is forbidden for cooking and brewing): shut off plump helmets on cooking and you still have the issue of people eating them raw, but frankly with better meals around, you should only lose a few to the dwarves that realy, *really* love plump helmets.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 [2]