Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 328608 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Shortest lived player-created miniboss.
« Reply #1365 on: August 06, 2014, 09:22:04 pm »

Posting to say that I have an action from everybody, but the turn will probably come this friday, due to lack of time from my part. Apologies for the delay.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 06, 2014, 09:22:40 pm »

*Looks at current day*

*is wednesday*

Noooooooooooooooooo!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 08, 2014, 09:10:07 am »

Turn 058

PM sent

TESTING INCONCLUSIVE, BUT PROMISING. REPEAT WITH MORE MURDEROUS INTENT (still acid, still aim for head).

[Bigf01t spd:2-1-1+1=1]
[Igor spd:1-1-1=-1]

The alien guy strikes back! I mean, strikes again!

[Bigf01t pot:1+1=2]
And a droplet of acid appears and falls to the ground in front of the dazed Igor, producing a hissing noise as it melts a really small hole in the ground.

Time for the mace!

[Bigf01t dex:4+1-1=4]
[Igor dex:1-1-1=-1]

Cripple execution:

[Bigf01t str:3-1+1=3]

The mace strikes Igor's head in his maw, he is not impressed, mainly because he barely knows that e got hit. The dizziness persists, though. Also, some blood is drawn again as the spikes from the morningstar scratched his neck, increasing even more the blood flow outside his body. It can get dangerous pretty soon.

Bleeding upgraded to:
[Bleeding II]

Meanwhile, Igor repositions himself near the corpse of the poor bastard that got his leg transformed into a murderous humanoid made of glowing cogs.

More science.

You are not dead yet, let's party! Okay, maybe the GM is being too sarcastic, as you are doing fine, or at least haven't screwed everything up yet. Anyway, you do science:

[Pot:5+1=6]
[End:5-1=4]
You are shocked by a flash of light, which makes your eyes get slightly wet.

[Pot:4+1=5]
You get a ball of rubber the size of your chest. Bouncy!

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears and begins to increase its length in specific directions, until, out of itself, the shape of a hammer, the kind of which you use to hit nails but with a size that would make any normal person use it with two hands, appears. It fades after a brief time.

Posting to say that I got the PM.  I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so doing that now.  If the next turn is processed before I'm finished, focus on dodging.

WAAAAAGH!

GET OUT. RUN. ANYWHERE ELSE AND JUAT KEEP GOING.

Apply smackdown.  If Mako is still down, curbstomp again.  If he's up, tackle and strangle him.

Anyway, Point to Dex. Get that damn thing to a permanent +1 will you. Also other things that don't might involve shanking helpless people.

[Thrancaole spd:6-1-1=4]
[Robert spd:5]
[Mako spd:5-1-1=3]
[Systar spd:3+1=4]
[Derm spd:4-1-1=2]

Robert is ready to unleash his final strike into the downed foes, before he manages to gather enough strength to move:

[Pot:6+1=7]
[Robert dex:6]
[Mako dex:4+1-1-1=2]
[Robert will:6-1=5]
[Beat your pot will:1-1=0]
[Mako will:5-1=4]

A giant head head made of green ectoplasm comes out of the Ork's had, its mouth widely open. The room is filled with a deep, sorrowful moan as the spirit engulfs to body of the poor Mako, and, soon, a set of screams fills the room: Mako's screams. He can't see, just feel an evil presence yanking and pulling from his very essence as his body begins to feel... distant. It seems that his connection with is lessens dramatically with each of the metaphorical pulls the strange entity is doing. He only manages to scream, for that there is not much to do. A brief time, that seemed like an eternity for Mako himself, passes, and the head of the spectre dissipates quickly, allowing to see a kneeling Mako there. But it was not Mako any more for that his soul was not inhabiting that vessel. The kneeling body lost balance and fell to one side, its eyes widely open but motionless, the whole body lying in an awkward position, as a white smoke came of from its chest, slowly drifting through the air in the direction of the Ork, only to finally get into his chest. Robert felt the power flowing through his metaphysical being. It was sheer power what he had gained, yet, he wanted even more.

And everybody would remember the day when Orks discovered necromancy, and they would bow before him.

Mako is dead, Robert gains a point

Robert's soul meter has downgraded to:
Soul meter:2/6

As Robert was engaged in a megalomaniac dream, Systar shrugged and grabbed back his arrows.

Robert, in a brief moment of lucidity, noticed hat his soul was not so weak, and that slowly his connection with his own body was increasing.

Soul meter:3/6

Derm, meanwhile, was going to take a pot shot at the dying Mako, but he found that the poor guy had been already murdered. Well, at least you got magic. Wait, who is that guy? Oh, not again!

[Thrancaole pot:1]
[Thrancaole dex:3+3=6]

And the shadow drops tot he ground and rolls away as acid showers above him. Huh.

Well, where were you? Ahh, right. You try to focus you magic mojo, only to realize that it is not ready. Well you will have to cast the spell anyway:
((According to my information, you used overdrive in turn 56, which means that you can't use it again until turn 60, because 3 turn have to pass with you being unable to use it))

[Pot:2+1=3]
You put the spear against the wall and then say the spell. As usual, you axe becomes a foot.

((Back to those alternative forms))

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Orks discovered necromancy.
« Reply #1369 on: August 08, 2014, 11:11:36 am »

"Oh joy, you again."

gtfo
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 08, 2014, 04:45:02 pm »

Science is so fun.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 09, 2014, 01:22:36 am »

GUESS WHAT?!

Keep doing things to Igor. Despicable things.
Like acid and beating.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 09, 2014, 03:39:24 am »

Re-enlist as the fourth incarnation of Mako!

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 09, 2014, 04:02:13 am »

Put that point into Pool.

To the Portal Room to recover my pool and hopefully my soul as well.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 09, 2014, 12:01:16 pm »

Continue to not die.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: August 10, 2014, 06:02:38 pm »

Continue to not die.
You are doing this thing quite well actually. 'Spect to the Mobile Scar Tissue. Still going to keep at the killing of your face, but respect. ;D
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 11, 2014, 05:24:02 am »

PM sent again to Darkpaladin. Hope he posts an action this time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 11, 2014, 10:42:11 am »

Hm.

Go to the Greenhouse Room.  Look for a sturdy branch or something that could be used as a club/beat stick. Never mind!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:31:15 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 11, 2014, 11:13:48 am »

Hm.

Go to the Greenhouse Room.  Look for a sturdy branch or something that could be used as a club/beat stick.
This will autofail. There are only strange bulbs in that room.

If you want rudimentary weapons, you are better off searching from science remains, or being creative.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 11, 2014, 11:30:18 am »

Okie dokie.

Different plan, then.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 197