Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49387 times)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Oh, somebody just d/l the save and go.  It’s not that big a deal, just expand the virtual memory of whichever partition holds the game.  The last save plays at 27 on my laptop which is eight years old so it will play on anyone’s machine.  There are only 20 dwarves and 90 animals, half as many undead as in my turn.  I took over ☼Hearts of Banner☼ when it was abandoned as unplayable, brought the FPS from 14 to over 50 by futzing with the stockpiles and such.  Same here. 

I would recommend forbidding that skull juice and nether wine in the stocks screen.  The surface water is frozen, seems nobody has installed a pump over the cistern, yet.
Btw, Grimmash: seriously good work on that grinder thing. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

90 animals.... its more like 150 now and some of the undead are on fire so yeah but the grinder is a good idea because a Fb got in and lost its leg to it to which a boar who for some reason was in the grinder to killed it.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Success!!!  Do you have the combat log?

The boars are bait so you can lock it up and still path in things that go for live targets.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Success!!!  Do you have the combat log?

The boars are bait so you can lock it up and still path in things that go for live targets.
I don't but all it was the boar biting ripping pieces of and goring it to death it wasn't ever one page of combot.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Mm... I can grab the save today and maybe start sometime this weekend. Is that ok with everyone?

EDIT: Actually, I still have the save from the end of Grimmash's turn, if we want to go the "rollback to the last save" route. You guys decide, I've gotta get ready to go to my grandmum's for a visit. I'll check to see the general consensus, and perhaps grab Danman's save before I go. Depending on how y'all wanna do it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:07:40 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't bother with my save I rather not be reasponsable for the losing of a full suit of adamantium armor... also the death of some one important. But can you reasearch trap componates, beast armoring and machienry. Also Build a embarking outfitter for spys and shit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Mm. Alright, then I'll start tommorrow or so.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Sounds good. the captain has the deck... ehm, save. I will be offline again from tomorrow on, so good luck guys, I hope future overseers will be found.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Guys, I gotta be honest, I'm not sure what to do with this place. It seems somehow impenetrably complex, and I have no idea what I should be doing. Any suggestions that can kickstart anything?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

We need to conquer that structure. Its the sole purpose.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Gotcha. So just delve and build until the place resembles understandable?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My boar idea did work, they rip through the undead like cheese. You just have to find a way for the boars or undead to meet each other. Also get megabeast cells to use their so you can use their souls.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

We should get a dwarf expy of Kore from "Goblins". That guy was stringently ideaological and a mobile murder-station.

http://www.goblinscomic.org/09102005/

Just read the next couple of pages, you'll get the idea.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Also, skip my turn cos I just plain don't know what to do with this fort and I'm not playing so.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]