Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49409 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. 2000 to go.
« Reply #540 on: February 24, 2014, 07:54:06 pm »

Hmm.  I can pick this up tomorrow.  I'll just assume no posts by then means go ahead :).

I'm fine with you starting your turn immediately.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 25, 2014, 03:00:38 am »

Quick question: are there any fem dwarves to claim?

I've got a killer turn idea and story forming up on this 'ol RP idea pad of mine but I need a female dwarf overseer to make it work. 
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #542 on: February 25, 2014, 03:30:53 am »

Grimmash, YEAH! Our last hope. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 25, 2014, 08:26:18 pm »

Well, looks like I will get cracking.  Expect an update in a few days.  Busy at work, so I have a bit less time at night.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 25, 2014, 09:28:38 pm »

Good luck! (You'll need it)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 27, 2014, 12:02:03 pm »

Umm I have a big questins for everybody here. First can you use slade for weapon making in masterwork mod, next is how good is slade Balista arrows?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 27, 2014, 12:36:29 pm »

Umm I have a big questins for everybody here. First can you use slade for weapon making in masterwork mod, next is how good is slade Balista arrows?

Yeah, its a stone you can use it in the rockforge and they are probably really good once you are done the hour-long hauling trip to the ballista. Also, this might be a tad off-topic.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 27, 2014, 02:37:49 pm »

Yeah, its a stone you can use it in the rockforge and they are probably really good once you are done the hour-long hauling trip to the ballista. Also, this might be a tad off-topic.
Yeah I Know but one of my archelogists Discoved 10 of this in one artafact, with 10 mithilir and Steel. (Why Is Spelling Correcter not working  >:( >:( )

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #548 on: February 27, 2014, 02:51:48 pm »

This is not the right thread for discussion and mod questions. Its a succession fort.

Grimmash: Have fun, I hope the FPS are a lot better. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 27, 2014, 08:17:27 pm »

Well.  This fort has not gotten less interesting since my last try.  FPS is stable at about 45, so that is good.  Why is there a stockpile full of mechanisms in the adamantine spire?  I am kind of waiting for inspiration to hit me regarding what to do.  We have walls, food, and drink.  So I guess I'll try to figure out clothes, and then maybe try to just clean things up for a while.  And figure out the minecart grinder.  Possible I will also make some forge works or something.  We'll see.  I am just drawing blanks at the moment, oddly.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 27, 2014, 09:10:23 pm »

Hmm I say you should form a maze or traps and animals for caged prisoners for dwarfern fun.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 27, 2014, 10:36:31 pm »

Long term, Those Below will have to be dealt with somehow or the FPS will never recover.  Armok’s Hammer had limited success so it may come down, finally, to hellfire turrets and a White Hunter – both of which are long projects to develop.  It was suggested to set a labyrinth of fortifications which could be a preliminary step.  A fortress can have only one Hunter at a time but several mages-in-training, although they are also slow to develop.  Someday, some Overseer is going to want to get that Sword. 

Short term, it’s a real handicap to not have caravan access; can you beef up the military?  I never ran Prospect but the earlier gold veins and geology suggest there’s more; exploratory miners and stacks of coins would open options with the Embassy.  Since the military is so strapped and immigration is seemingly cut off, a few/many grizzlies or raptors, steel-clad and trained would really help the surface situation.  Hiring away dwarven caravan guards may be a better way to get qualified warm bodies.   
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 27, 2014, 11:59:52 pm »

Fun note, only about 450 units are on the map at this point.  So I am not too concerned about the gaping hellmouth, at least not with the population cap issue we have.  I like the war animal idea, but I could also try to kickstart research again and get us turrets for perimeter defense.  It's not like we are going to do much in the way of swelling a militia population.

If I recall, there are plenty of ores on any masterwork map, due to world gen.  So I'll go hunting for more gold I suppose.  It's not like we have to worry about pop cap, or about wealth.  Our wealth is through the roof, and no amount of spamming population is going to happen fast enough to make a difference for this turn.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 28, 2014, 01:05:43 am »

I suspect that the mechanism stockpile in the adamantine spire was my doing - putting mechanisms near the golem forge so that enhancement could occur more quickly.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #554 on: March 01, 2014, 12:49:17 am »

Why not have a look at Becordobar and try to build a similar minecart trap, to get rid of the demons for now?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 46