Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49420 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. 2000 to go.
« Reply #510 on: February 14, 2014, 06:25:29 pm »

I found the minecart grinder. Is it wired? Is it possible to deactivate it? Who enabled bins in the coins stockpiles? Dwarves often refuse to use binned coins in reactions. Finally, dwarves are refusing to work, even if they have an appropriate labor and a job has been queed. This place is a mess.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 14, 2014, 06:31:33 pm »

A community fortress with the new overseer requiring less then 2 hours before unpausing is boring!
So it looks like everything is fine here... :D

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 14, 2014, 07:01:37 pm »

When I rebuild the workshops in a different area, the dwaves start working again. I wonder why?
edit: Can I use tweak clear-ghostly to get rid of some bugged ghosts that cannot be memorialized?
Edit 2: Can I give dwarves natural legendary skill in wordsmith, then change a useless reaction into one that uses the wordsmith skill to make sawdust? This would allow me to put townportaled dwarves into the military. Sawdust has no value, so this could not be used to create infinite wealth. I could not use an evaporating stone as the dwarf would then have a bad thought.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:12:03 pm by someone12345 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2014, 06:59:32 pm »

An interesting idea. I've never noticed if sawdust has a quality level. Does clean up sawdust cause bad thoughts then?

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »

I think that using objects in reactions does not cause a bad thought, as my armorsmith in my own fort does not get angry when I upgrade his armors. Yes, sawdust has quality. It is hilarious to see something like "In the year 59, a masterwork sawdust was created in Neutralizedgem by Urist Mcwoodcutter the dwarf" in legends mode. Also, a drow caravan has come, and immediately revealed a goblin ambush. Several of them are being slaughtered, but a few are running towards the fort. Should I let them in and risk letting in goblins? In masterwork, the deadliest race is not the frost giants or the minotaurossi but the goblins and orcs- their spiders annihilate absolutely everything. Even if they shoot webs only 1/10th as fast as vanilla gcses, when they come in the dozens and are being riden by ninja goblins with bows, they can destroy even the best militaries. I don't even let soldiers who can single-handedly win battles against three frost giants and megabeasts go near goblins. Also, despite being extremely strong, goblins also come early. The only real way to deal with them is cage traps.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 15, 2014, 09:13:46 pm »

The minecart grinder is incomplete. It won't work and you'll need to attach one lever to both gear assemblys and put some windmills above the gear assemblies. You need to put the bladecart on one of the rollers with the "h" menu to make it work. As far as dwarves not working go, its just vulturis who won't work. For the ghosts that won't go away, killitwith sabotage will get rid of ghosts. I know I considered giving dwarves legendary woodcutting to have them make legendary sawdust piles. And cleaning up masterwork sawdust doesn't cause bad thoughts.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 15, 2014, 09:21:26 pm »

In masterwork, the deadliest race is not the frost giants or the minotaurossi but the goblins and orcs- their spiders annihilate absolutely everything. Even if they shoot webs only 1/10th as fast as vanilla gcses, when they come in the dozens and are being riden by ninja goblins with bows, they can destroy even the best militaries. I don't even let soldiers who can single-handedly win battles against three frost giants and megabeasts go near goblins. Also, despite being extremely strong, goblins also come early. The only real way to deal with them is cage traps.

this is wrong for so many reasons...
Seriously, even Vanilla DF gives you enough ways to kill spider riders... And in MW there are even more options...
Actually... spider mounts remove exactly ONE way to kill the invaders... bashing your head into the wall and hoping it breaks... And even that works often enough, when done the right way.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 15, 2014, 09:32:44 pm »

In masterwork, the deadliest race is not the frost giants or the minotaurossi but the goblins and orcs- their spiders annihilate absolutely everything. Even if they shoot webs only 1/10th as fast as vanilla gcses, when they come in the dozens and are being riden by ninja goblins with bows, they can destroy even the best militaries. I don't even let soldiers who can single-handedly win battles against three frost giants and megabeasts go near goblins. Also, despite being extremely strong, goblins also come early. The only real way to deal with them is cage traps.

this is wrong for so many reasons...
Seriously, even Vanilla DF gives you enough ways to kill spider riders... And in MW there are even more options...
Actually... spider mounts remove exactly ONE way to kill the invaders... bashing your head into the wall and hoping it breaks... And even that works often enough, when done the right way.

Spiders are pretty deadly in DIRECT combat. Melee combat against badly armored dwarves. Thats about it. Against archers, weapon traps, stone-fall traps, minecart grinders or magic attacks, they fail. Or walls. They can't destroy walls. Or fly. Deadliest race is drow, because they have ridiculous dodging skill and steel weapons and armor and spiders. Or warlocks because of instakilling rot spells.
Spooky Signature

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2014, 05:53:30 pm »

Bladed minecarts have great potential: railguns, magma cannons, shotguns …  The ones in Masterwork derive from D_E’s spinner design:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109572.msg3286977#msg3286977

but using them in a succession fortress requires coordination between Overseers for several years of construction.  And they are certainly double-edge weapons, so to speak, as shown in Exxhultationhexxed:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124444.msg4238911#msg4238911

A Masterwork magma tanker is essentially a bigger, heavier version of same = more damage.  Hard on the FPS in operation, though. 

Someone12345: on the downhill side of your week’s turn, no status or reports to date.  All is OK?
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #519 on: February 18, 2014, 06:04:34 pm »

Someone12345: on the downhill side of your week’s turn, no status or reports to date.  All is OK?
I did write him a message earlier, havent heard anything yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 18, 2014, 11:20:54 pm »

Well  thnk i hit a bug n masterwork, I made my dwarf a Apostles who also had lung rotting so all he did for the past two years in pray in a hole. Well he became one now hes dong nothing just standing still nothing nodda.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 19, 2014, 04:24:28 am »

Well  thnk i hit a bug n masterwork, I made my dwarf a Apostles who also had lung rotting so all he did for the past two years in pray in a hole. Well he became one now hes dong nothing just standing still nothing nodda.

A little hard to understand.  When a dwarf becomes a apostle or priest or high priest he will transform into a praying dwarf for months that wont do anything besides sit there transforming. It will then turn back into a dwarf that is really good at praying and has special abilities. The transformation has the side effect of healing dwarves so that lung issue should go away. Maybe take the question to the masterwork forum and we can help you sort it out.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 19, 2014, 11:41:17 am »

A little hard to understand.  When a dwarf becomes a apostle or priest or high priest he will transform into a praying dwarf for months that wont do anything besides sit there transforming. It will then turn back into a dwarf that is really good at praying and has special abilities. The transformation has the side effect of healing dwarves so that lung issue should go away. Maybe take the question to the masterwork forum and we can help you sort it out.
Ohh so hes transforming when he became a praying dorf, that makes sense. Good because i need him to start praying for booze or weapons because i did harder farming which leaves me at 100 bears for 52 dwarfs, but i breached the crap cavarn causing plants to grow. So when is my time coming?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 19, 2014, 02:18:57 pm »

Ohh so hes transforming when he became a praying dorf, that makes sense. Good because i need him to start praying for booze or weapons because i did harder farming which leaves me at 100 bears for 52 dwarfs, but i breached the crap cavarn causing plants to grow. So when is my time coming?

It should say on the monastary building. It should say something to the effect of "Turn a dwarf into an apostle in 2 months. You can actually just check the updates of cathedral and see how long it took to turn Talonis_wolf into an apostle.

@something12345: Bump
Spooky Signature

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 19, 2014, 07:14:07 pm »

I don't think I will be able to finish my turn. I have a math test coming up now.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46