Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49439 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. 2000 to go.
« Reply #465 on: February 06, 2014, 06:36:15 pm »

9th timber: There seems to be some kind of disturbance in the booze stockpile. We've sent the axes of Armok to go deal with whatever it is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10th timber: Turned out to be nothing much, just a naked migrant getting murdered by a boar.
I've ordered that the boar be "Released".
We've also ordered that a coffin be set up for the deceased rebel. We are nothing if not generous with those. We have also required the placement of unerected memorials near that coffin.

11th timber: The bomreks bargains We ordered built has been completed. Grimmash is selling platinum there for a tidy sum. We have recently welcomed a new migrant, Talonis_Wolf to our ranks. He has showed interest in joining the clergy, so We have sent him to the monastary.

13th timber: The coffin We ordered for Sarvesh was instead filled by Pi_age, a dwarf who was just a skeleton. I mandated that more coffins be set up. The blast furnace is complete and Niku has begun work on some clothes. Meanwhile, beasts of the depths shred one another:

15th timber: We have ordered a prison set up, that We may incarcerate dissidents with more elegance. Niku has finished his first batch of clothes. Hello, more gold:

16th timber: Sarvesh has still not been entombed as the extra coffins We put out have been filled by others. We have demanded the mineshaft filled with coffins.

17th timber: The second batch of clothes has been delayed slightly:
He refuses to make clothes because he has no clothes, due to another having taken the first batch for himself.

18th timber:

19th timber: The siegers are Humans? It also looks like the other enemies outside have left. We will need have defensive measures
prepared in case they breach the gates.

20th timber: We have enough funds for another migrant. We summon Vulturis and give him the job of minister of agriculture.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:00:38 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 06, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »

21st timber: Armok DAMN you, Niku:

22nd timber: We have halted the making of parquet tiles and begun construction of the new defenses. We must however wait for a new migrant, as Our minister of forging has disappeared.

23rd timber: Finally:
Maybe now Niku will cease his disorderly conduct

24th timber: Or maybe not:
Now we need two more migrants to replace our losses. At least, the minister of research, "avdpos" has clothes now. That should prevent any more tantrum/madness cycles. To honor Nikus memory, We appropriate the fine silken garmants he made for Ourselves. We have decided to accelerate the progress of getting enough gold to fuel the townportal:

Spooky Signature

H.P. Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 06, 2014, 08:28:17 pm »

More disaster.... will this precious gem of a fort never catch a break?

avdpos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 07, 2014, 02:34:34 am »

At least, the minister of research, "avdpos" has clothes now. That should prevent any more tantrum/madness cycles. To honor Nikus memory, We appropriate the fine silken garmants he made for Ourselves.

Hurray! I got clothes! Time to research something like "The Emperor's New Clothes" for the new immigrants...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #469 on: February 07, 2014, 03:03:15 am »

I think arcvasti had a pretty good idea to spawn clothes together with the migrants. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 07, 2014, 05:12:16 am »

I think arcvasti had a pretty good idea to spawn clothes together with the migrants. ^^

Add it to the button to clothe invaders maybe?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 07, 2014, 03:01:43 pm »

I would like to be add to the overseer list but i will have to study up on some master work mod terms and stuff, also would like to be dwarfed as anything you got, but i want to have an obsesion in game on any animal my dwarf likes.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 07, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »

I would like to be add to the overseer list but i will have to study up on some master work mod terms and stuff, also would like to be dwarfed as a roaming animal wisperer, but i want to have an obsesion in game on any animal my dwarf likes.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2014, 06:12:25 pm »

I would like to be add to the overseer list but i will have to study up on some master work mod terms and stuff, also would like to be dwarfed as a roaming animal wisperer, but i want to have an obsesion in game on any animal my dwarf likes.
I'll dwarf you as the next CLOTHED migrant that hapens.
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 10, 2014, 07:56:33 pm »

2nd moonstone: We've begun the construction of the automated defense system for the entrance. will_tuna is taking to it admirably and will probably have his part done by the end of the month. Nothing so far on the demon-killing front as avdpos is constructing the prison instead of researching.

6th moonstone: Work on the upper defenses has been delayed by animated weapons standing in the way. They have been relocated. Shasad has also finally started on the candelabras We'd ordered he make. The prison has finally finished construction.

9th moonstone: Avdpos has finally gotten to his research. The upper defenses are mostly finished and the candelabras are halfway through being done. Also We have enough funds for another migrant. And this just hapened:
This is an excellent day

12th moonstone: We've sent the minister of mechanics, "Stormbuilder" to equip the upped defenses. Avdpos's research is still going strong. We have summoned a new dwarf who calls himself "danmanthedog" We've set him to making clothes for himself and Taloniswolf when he's done meditating.

15th moonstone:
Talonis_wolf went right back in to become a priest.
We've also ordered that the Axes of Armok begin training once more in the abandoned lever room in the southwest

16th moonstone:
: )

18th moonstone: avdpos's research was inconclusive. We've ordered him to start from the ground up. will_tuna has begun work on the 2nd level of upper defenses.

22nd moonstone: Everyone, including talonis_wolf has clothes now. We've mandated that danmanthedog work on a... special project

23rd moonstone: We've exhausted the natural platinum ore that was lying around.

25th moonstone: The upper defenses have run into mechanical diffculties and have been delayed.

26th moonstone: We've started a burial spree with the new coffin hallway. There are a lot of dead dwarves...

1st opal: Fort Status:

Spooky Signature

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 10, 2014, 08:10:15 pm »

I will preach the enemy to death! For Armok's Bloodbath!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 10, 2014, 08:12:58 pm »

I'll put up the save with an in-story explanation for my dwarfs... retirement sometime tomorrow.
Spooky Signature

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 10, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »

I am next. It seems that it will be rather difficult to recover from the current position.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 10, 2014, 08:57:36 pm »

Blarggg!! Where am I, who are you, what teleport magic Huh!!!

It seems that I the great nomad animal whisper has some how been teleported by something called magic, What ever that means I don't like it. I have to find a wa.. What in great Armoks lovely beard is that thing!! Huh its called a shaggy badgerdogy, I say it is the greatest thing since bear beer. I shall have one in my post hast.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 10, 2014, 09:29:21 pm »

I am next. It seems that it will be rather difficult to recover from the current position.
Not really. We've got enough food and drink to last forever at this population. We have a sulf-sustaining source of precious metals for dwarves through Kamiakazi and later Talonis_wolf. Plus, everyone is clothed so no tantrums will be hapening on that count. As for the siege and the demons, I was working on researching a golemforge(As other golemforge discovery item was too dangerous to retrieve) for the latter and a minecart grinder to aid with the former. I was also building a volcanic oracle of armok, because religion themes. Plus, I've got the military training again, so that should help with something or other. The forts pretty well off right now.
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46