Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49505 times)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. 2000 to go.
« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2014, 09:13:35 am »

There were enough gold coins now for another Summoning and jimboo took them to the Portal one last time.  So Armok had lost a bet and now there was an ‘arrangement’ involving other deities?  Well, agreements are always subject to renegotiation and so along with the gold, jimboo took something else, something precious.  Finding it had been difficult, ☼Cathedral☼ dwarves had been too preoccupied to ever do more than a cursory inventory check and everything here was jumbled in among everything else.  He doubted it would even be missed.  jimboo had always had a fairly casual relationship with religion until recently -- when it had become a matter of life and death -- and when not directing activities or fighting for their lives, jimboo had searched every stockpile until he found what he was looking for, the small totem of a minor god matching one on a bloodsteel display stand back in ☼Bannerheart☼.  Made of Unknown Material and now polished and studded with bloodsteel, he carefully placed it, the coins, and the bloodsteel amulet from his breast onto the altar.  He lit the candles and prayed.     

When jimboo opened his eyes, he was in a familiar room.  In the light of softly-glowing bloodsteel braziers, he saw Corridor lying next to him and smiling.  She yawned and stretched and then gently kissed his cheek.

“Good morning, dear.  Did you sleep well?  You know, I had the strangest dream about you last night …”
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 27, 2014, 09:15:25 am »

Oh, an almost PS: I think I just noticed one unblocked pathway from the fortress to Hell.  :)

I leave you with 20 mostly content dwarves and Talanic who is inexplicably ecstatic.
G’luck!
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 27, 2014, 11:34:09 am »

Great job, jimboo!

For what it is worth, my burnout and frustration have largely subsided, and my schedule in the real world has calmed considerably.  I have almost no game turns pending, so if you want to add me back into the turn rotation at the end I think I will be much better able to handle this game whenever it comes around.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 27, 2014, 12:55:18 pm »

Oh, an almost PS: I think I just noticed one unblocked pathway from the fortress to Hell.  :)

I leave you with 20 mostly content dwarves and Talanic who is inexplicably ecstatic.
G’luck!

Hehehe... it doesn't matter if you're pulling the next suckers leg or not, they are going to be sooo paranoid. You, my dear sir, are evil.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 27, 2014, 11:05:06 pm »

Jimboo did you run the dfhack clean command? I bet it's very messy down in the undead vs demon war zone. Clean could help fps. Probably tens of thousands of blood and ichor pools down there.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:42:28 pm by kamikazi1231 »

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 28, 2014, 05:27:06 am »

Nope, never did.  DFHack history from the save will show "jimboo's turn starts here," a couple of digv's, and "jimboo's turn ends here, Fall, '36."

But it's an interesting idea so I fired it up this morning and from 21 (23), clean map took it to 25 (25), only 227 of 5697 map tiles cleaned.  Still a lot of coughing as background noise but there is less purple showing down below.  Anyway, if it plays on my machine, it will load for anyone. 

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 28, 2014, 06:18:21 am »

Who is next? I may I extend my pity for whatever sanity and innocence they have left?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #382 on: January 28, 2014, 01:11:03 pm »

I wrote Proto a PM as soon as Jimboo posted. If he doesnt respond till tomorrow, he will be skipped. It would be Arcvasti turn then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

H.P. Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 28, 2014, 01:13:47 pm »

Oh boy... my turn is coming up!

I promise that the shrine to Cthulu I build will be very modest.

avdpos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 28, 2014, 02:31:56 pm »

Very fun reading about the ¤Cathedral¤.
Have never played the mod but would happily take a turn in the fort, some time you need to start with mods also..

Also request a to be dorfed as Avdpos
Am not certain at what profession the peasants have but,
my first choice would be a religous and/or sciencedwarf
I mean, a high priest need to have some lower ranked priests in a sucessionfort themed ¤Cathedral¤
second choice would me somebody in the metal-industry

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 28, 2014, 06:40:24 pm »

I am quite shocked that my dorf is still alive. Can I get an update on what she has been up to, and what are her skills?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 29, 2014, 11:46:15 am »

"2000 units down. 2000 to go."? Surely that is a bit... Elvishly optimistic?
GENERATION 32:

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 29, 2014, 03:52:42 pm »

How so?
There are in fact about 2000 deaths by now, and since we started with around 4k enemies, this leads us to 2k more we have to kill... somehow... however... yeah... :D
I'm sure more dwarvish weapons of mass destruction will be created to solve the problem :D

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 29, 2014, 04:00:23 pm »

It is 2000... until multiple sieges stroll in all at once, plus accidentally letting all the FB's and MB's that have probably been stacking up.

IT WILL HAPPEN.

GENERATION 32:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #389 on: January 29, 2014, 05:34:57 pm »

After 2 days, Proto finally managed to answer my PM. The answer consists of 2 words: "sorry, cant.". No explanation given. I wrote Arcvasti, who is next in line. If he doesnt answer it should be Grimmashs turn, if you want it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46