Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49466 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground.
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2014, 01:53:45 am »

I updated the list of Overseers. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 19, 2014, 07:16:15 am »

If you want to update the list as well  McJaxey and Timeless both died at the end of my turn.  Filled with goblin arrows while running on top of our walls for no reason.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 19, 2014, 07:43:07 am »

I knew it was one of these forts with juvenile Timelesses that got killed!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2014, 08:14:04 am »

Filled with goblin arrows while running on top of our walls for no reason.
Hey, running around on the tops of walls is fun!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2014, 12:30:31 pm »

If you want to update the list as well  McJaxey and Timeless both died at the end of my turn.  Filled with goblin arrows while running on top of our walls for no reason.
Added. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2014, 03:26:59 pm »

Ok.  I'm going to punt my turn if anyone wants it. 

It's running really oddly on my computer.  It jumps between 26 and 36fps and then randomly hangs for long moments randomly, and one top of that, getting anyone to do anything seems to be wonky.  I tried disbanding militias to get more dwarves, removing burrows, adding burrows, and every dfhack trick I could to get dwarves to move in something resembling a normal fashion, but things are going so slow and dwarves are seemingly ignoring the normal rules for me.  I just have a hard time sitting and watching the game tick by.  I restrict labors, and people still do nothing.  It has become tedious to the point of driving me insane.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2014, 03:32:25 pm »

So you crushed Armok's undead guardians and unwittingly broke his seal, and now he's punishing you by twisting reality? Again, what have you DONE?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2014, 03:36:48 pm »

I have decided that I wish to take a turn playing, when I have been townportaled in, provided the fortress still exists by then. Can I?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2014, 03:37:21 pm »

I got this message today:
Gonna request Dorfing if possible...

Name: Grombardrim
Profession: Artificer
Job: Mechanic if possible, if not, something metalworking-related
Grimmash, do we have a free dwarf for Grombardrim?

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2014, 09:52:02 pm »

Ok.  I'm going to punt my turn if anyone wants it. 

It's running really oddly on my computer.  It jumps between 26 and 36fps and then randomly hangs for long moments randomly, and one top of that, getting anyone to do anything seems to be wonky.  I tried disbanding militias to get more dwarves, removing burrows, adding burrows, and every dfhack trick I could to get dwarves to move in something resembling a normal fashion, but things are going so slow and dwarves are seemingly ignoring the normal rules for me.  I just have a hard time sitting and watching the game tick by.  I restrict labors, and people still do nothing.  It has become tedious to the point of driving me insane.

Could the fight in the underworld be screwing up pathing? I'll test my save see what my dwarves do too.

Could the fight in the underworld be overwhelming pathfinding?

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2014, 10:10:20 pm »

I'm not sure what is causing the hangs and pathing, but it's frustrating.  I mean, it's playable, but at my level of play-time to frustration to free time I have to do anything, it'll take me another week or two to finish the turn, because I can't deal with it for more than 15 minutes or so.  So I don't want to stop anyone else from forging ahead in the brave new world.

Meph - For dorfing my save is down to 14 dorfs, almost all of them named. 

I am not sure I would recommend anyone take my save (if someone wants it, let me know) because all my attempts to make the game less frustrating seem to have not done so, made the game worse, or may have latent effects on the game.  Mechanically, I sealed up some tunnels, dug out a new well fed by the river, and tried a million ways to get the stocks ordered, none of which have really worked.  Those methods include various dfhack attempts to get stuff organized, trying out QS approaches to try and get a few item types organized, and removing most of the stock, and trying to dump things.  None of these worked like they usually work on any other map I have used them on, despite customizing labors a few ways and kicking everyone out of the military.  Summoning migrants failed.  The population is at 14 dwarfs, there is an elven caravan in the depot, but no one will bring anything to trade.  I cleared the dead list, and there are 603 hostiles on the map at this time.

But from a plot perspective a few interesting things happened.  Grimmash got her arm cut off through adamantine armor, but is still alive and well, oddly enough.  Lemuire lit a fire and refused to move, thereby choking to death on smoke.  Half of the other dwarves swap between working for a few minutes, then lying in the hospital or just standing still for weeks at a time.  I've seen everyone not in the hospital sit with "No Job" after expressly setting up only a single job that each is allowed to do and making sure it is valid.  Only 4 dwarves have any reason to go to the hospital, but the rest seem to cycle through continually.  The reason for the fire was to thaw ice for a new well, as the whole map froze and the a blizzard came, and remains frozen into summer.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 19, 2014, 10:51:34 pm »

I looked at the dorfing list, and apparently I got so enthralled by the story that I forgot to request a dorfing?

If I haven't already: Talonis Wolf, Wolf Acolyte. Give me an religious profession, or sacrifice me into a golem/whatever it is. The bloodlust of the pack must be satisfied!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2014, 11:11:52 pm »

Hmm could it be uniform conflicts.  I know you mentioned military changes and adding miners. Maybe you could put up your save and we could take a look? If we can get it running we will let you know the hang up and you can keep playing

Also are you running the save with a fresh 4g download or with you main file possibly running studded with patches?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:15:00 am by kamikazi1231 »

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2014, 11:30:35 pm »

I'm gonna read up on the posts to catch up on everything, this seems really interesting! :D

In the meantime, think I could be dorf'ed as any random dwarf you have available? you could just name them my forum name.
I guess posting its desc. would be nice, but you don't have to if you can't.
no one could have anticipated this

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2014, 08:13:08 am »

has someone msgd jimbo? Right now we are going through overseer faster then we can throw away our ingame dwarves ^^
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46