Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49542 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground.
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2014, 03:21:38 am »

And the year comes to an end. It was quite different from what I expected. Here the highlight, then a tour of the fort, then the dwarves, then the save.

Highlights

We made two artefacts:

This is a marble journal.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  On the item is an  image of a crystal tree in marble. 
On the item is an  image of Kib Relicgames the dwarf and dwarves in olivine.  Kib Relicgames is  surrounded by the dwarves.  The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Kib Relicgames to the position of king of The Fragile Relics in 1. 

On the item is an  image of dwarves in obsidian.  The dwarves are  laboring.  The artwork relates to the foundation of Nightmareground by The Vile Bell of The Fragile Relics in 11. 

This is a smooth wooden cup.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with smooth wood.  This object menaces with spikes of smooth wood. 
On the item is an  image of dwarves in smooth wood.  The dwarves are  traveling.  The artwork relates to the foundation of Spewsprung by The Lantern of Nuts of The Fragile Relics in 1. 

On the item is an  image of Kib Relicgames the dwarf in malachite bearing rock. 

We had one death, Sawgile, dying of thirst. We had one attempted abduction of our only kid, Timeless Bob, which was unsuccesful. The caravan guards saw to that.

We had two caravans. Dwarves, that traded us a inactive swordgolem, drinks, plants, meat and silk cloth for some silk clothing, and 2 adamatine weapons. The golem was worth it. And a Drow caravan, attracted early by our high wealth, which traded us a few drinks, before the broker went to get one himself. The year ended, and the Drow are still there, waiting to trade proper.

We breached all three caverns, found adamantine, a curious underground structure and digged till we found warm rocks. :)

Our Overseer was a secret werebeast, but was healed by Armoks might.

Tour of the Fort

Spoiler: Main map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Details surface (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Soil level (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Workspace (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Living Area (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TOTAL OVERVIEW (click to show/hide)

Notes for the next overseer:
 - We have two miners, a copper pick and a wolfram battle-pick.
 - We have only made adamantine weapons, but no armor yet.
 - The southern wall in the third cavern is not air-right yet.
 - The hollowed out area in the second cavern makes a good place for archers.
 - The liaison has not talked to the expedition leader yet. Disable the labors and order what you want.
 - The same holds true for the drow hoardmaster. Still waiting for audience.
 - The levers are all marked with notes.
 - Caravans will only arrive with wagons at the southern, slightly-walled area.
 - Nothing is forbidden, except the 4 python man corpses.
 - The tree-farm should come around in autumn. Better have a sawmill till then.
 - Everything else should be fine. Dwarves are happy, no one is injured, no criminals, no tantrums.
 - The drow traders have a forest spider and books of summoning. First one makes a good silk-farm possible, second one allows summoning colossus enemies in the colosseum. Maybe worth a look.

EDIT: - Completely forgot: I did buy a bonerattle from the drow. Maybe it will come in handy. If there are many dead outside and an enemy army, you can animate all corpses with it (play the bonerattle in the tavern to activate this) Should be enough to defeat at least one siege, and whoever is the victor will be weakened.

Dwarves

• Stormbuilder
  • Grimmash
  • Mc Meph
  • Mc Jaxey
  • Bigd the 145.
  • General Splint
  • McMuzz
  • Meg Helmet, the cook
  • Mc Marhgell, the miner
  • The Old Ark
  • Sawgile - Died of Thirst - 1 year - Autumn.
  • Timeless
  • Dohon
  • Proto
  • Pi Age
  • MuDD

Save

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8281
[/list]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:16:53 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2014, 09:14:38 am »

Okay, i had a quick look at it already.

Before i start doiong anything:
What modifications does your game have?
I now applied https://github.com/pjf/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/commit/ae2899be17768a900312e0443dcfed726102c243 to your save, because i wasn't able to load it otherwise. (Priest reaction missing)
That should work i guess, but not sure what else you changed around from the basic V.4g

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2014, 09:40:46 am »

(Priest reaction missing)?

I did not alter anything, but the priest interactions. But I fixed it, because it was broken when I genned the world, I simply altered the interaction. I did not touch the reactions. Is everyting working right now? I did not have an errorlog.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2014, 09:43:17 am »

How the hell did Swagile die?

....It was a drink shortage right? not some horrible injury we were unable to treat for whatever reason?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2014, 09:45:11 am »

How the hell did Swagile die?

....It was a drink shortage right? not some horrible injury we were unable to treat for whatever reason?
But today, one of our own passed away. In the year 31 of Armok, Sawgile, Brother in Arms, did smelt Adamantine Wafers so fervently, that he did not manage to make it to one of the two barrels with drinks we had... both in use, by Mc Muzz and Mc Marhgell. He sadly died of thirst, even with 35 drinks available.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2014, 09:47:34 am »

I didn't even see that. My god am I slow when deprived of sleep...

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2014, 09:51:22 am »

(Priest reaction missing)?

I did not alter anything, but the priest interactions. But I fixed it, because it was broken when I genned the world, I simply altered the interaction. I did not touch the reactions. Is everyting working right now? I did not have an errorlog.

Priest3M or something along those lines was missing and cause a CTD on loading.
As i said, i just applied the SWP fix to your save and my main raws and now it is working fine.
Just wanted to know if there is anything else different.

And btw, that is the weirdest turn2 i have ever seen. Seems our priorities are completely different. :D I'm still thinking what to make out of it.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2014, 10:01:30 am »

And btw, that is the weirdest turn2 i have ever seen. Seems our priorities are completely different. :D I'm still thinking what to make out of it.

What every overseer in a succession fort does: ignore all previos plans, start the contruction of a new weaponized magma project, mess up with the levers, and build himself personal adamantine rooms. :D

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2014, 10:06:51 am »

Anydwarf with no living relations and no gods for me?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2014, 10:19:51 am »

I just went through all unnamed dwarves. None has any relatives (probably because it is year 37) but they all have 2 deities, except one, that has only one deity

Oh, and i fixed my name. I'm considering calling the previous overseer Mc Mehp from now on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2014, 10:23:19 am »

Allright, thank you. Perhaps one will arrive...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2014, 10:26:28 am »

Mehp - Not even once. (sorry if I misspelled your name)

btw, that is the weirdest turn2 i have ever seen. Seems our priorities are completely different.
What do you mean? ^^ We have food and drinks, we have safety in form of walls, airlocks, cave-in traps, cagetraps, a catapult and firestarters, adamatine-weapon-wielding militia and a golem. Everyone has beds, we have tradegoods on mass, have a lookout on all three caverns, are 1 tile away from magma, have fresh water, people are happy... I think my priorities are all right. :P Maybe we are lacking basic things like farms, smoothed walls/floors, doors or a dining room, but meh... who needs that stuff anyway. :P

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2014, 10:38:54 am »

I might vote for a Dining Hall but then, I’m still recovering from massive tantrum spirals.   :)

Adamantine-edged weapons?  Since even Mithril will lop parts off a Frost Giant, why not use Adamantine to give double damage points as runes?  Volcanic when available already gives triple points against Giants but wouldn’t an Adamantine-runed, Mithril long sword be about the best one-handed weapon against all invaders?   
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2014, 10:43:35 am »

Could you please post the 'thoughts and preferences' and skills of my dorf?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46