Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49389 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ah, well I just came from Guinee, where an ebola epidemic started, and I take daily meds against Malaria, I will cycle through minefields at Westsahara and have to survive the desert in the first place. If nothing else, my vacations are at least not boring.

Thanks for details on the grinder, I hope danman can make good use of them. At some point someone has to conquer that curios underground fort. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm I am thinking that since we over 40 boars that we train most of them, clad them in armor and then chuck them into the undead fortress and hope for the beast because our golemforge I cant find the research any where.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Hmm I am thinking that since we over 40 boars that we train most of them, clad them in armor and then chuck them into the undead fortress and hope for the beast because our golemforge I cant find the research any where.

"Hope for the beast"! Brilliant pun. The plan seems a bit iffy, but then again I've never tried any mass-training programs. I look forward to seeing the results of that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ironarmored warbeast with some combat training (train their skills as well) should be excellent against the undead... against demons, not so much.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chucking bits into lava (if that is what you did) actually hurts FPS, because then you get burning bits.  Just an FYI.  As for reducing items, might I suggest an Atom Smasher?  That is a raising bridge with a dump zone below.  Simple, effective.

Might as well us those boars.  I was going to train/butcher them, but I needed all hands on deck for the grinder.  Just keep a few for food.  Keep in mind there are flying FBs and possibly flying demons, so be careful what openings you use to access the depths.  One unfortunate feature of the grinder is that it does not access all levels of the structure.  This is because the collapse sealed off various pockets of it, essentially creating little undead reservoirs all over the place.

It's too bad the grinder failed to lure in masses of undead.  But at least we have a blender!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have just autodump things maybe 4 blocks away, like all the undead bits are still in the castle part and I kinda autodump all the armor and weapons in to the weapons stockpile. Yeah I know about the flying goodies and Im going to do double air locks design.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, maybe reduce the size of the massive stockpiles i made.  The reason i did that was to get stuff located centrally, at least for some things that seemed to be scattered.  There may be lots of little stockpiles you can also get rid of now.

I usually make quantum stockpiles, but on this map they were stubbornly refusing to work, hence the massive four off the dining hall.  I was also getting weird behavior regarding accessible stone.  It made no sense, and I was too impatient to try and sort out exactly what was doing it, so i carved out those rooms to make blocks for the outer courtyard while everyone else built the tracks in the grinders.

Not very logical, but it may help explain the state of the fortress as i left it :).

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everything thing is good Im researching armor for animals and got 3 boars trained so far, aslo the fort is not that bad but I am not touching that grinder I don't know how to use it. I don't want to causing some how a catplosen.

Edit-What does dry ice landmines do and how good are turrets like acid, bullet?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:35:19 pm by danmanthedog »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Against undeads and demons? forget about them, all their syndromes will be quite pointless.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Against undeads and demons? forget about them, all their syndromes will be quite pointless.
Even bullet? I never used them before so I don't know what they do... how about explosive ones?

EDIT- Whelp it went to hell really fast, I was digging out the airlocks when one of the miners broke into the second cavern to which my surprise I tried to seal it as fast as I can
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dust Fb got in sent military to defend to which for some odd reason I had Full armor for about few seconds then TPed out but only one dwarf out of the dwarf in the military had armor for dumb gods sake. Killed the dust one but the I get this announcement about giant blade spider caught in fire then boars so I think you can guess what happens next.

Goals.
Find way to kill the zombies by using animals and your own Fb if we have warpstone. If any turrets work on them then make a death hall way filled with turrets. Research the machinery item which I got really close to and also wtf is air pressure research

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:35:22 pm by danmanthedog »

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile

For turrets hell fire should destroy everything in the game including magma proof undead and demons. Just remember the magma proof bridges will also burn down. I'm still trying to decide if me dropping the hammer and starting the culling of the undead by the demon army was a good thing or not. Fps is up but so is Fun!

Also if we run out of overseers I'll take another run. My high priest can get the fort back on its original path of worshipping Armok.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well im going to retry doing it but know I know what not to do so is it okey if we raise the turn limit a bit because for me it might take a 24run of the game to get a few months in.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Why, are the FPS so low?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For my shitty laptop use I get arround 20 to 40 fps its just that the dwarfs take forever to do anything because of it and time is so slow too but I am use to it its just because i had to restart I might need more time.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Why not just do what I did, upload what you have at the end of your turn?  This fortress has progressed only 2 1/2 years in the past 2 RL months. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46