Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49393 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Six months! I can't even stay on a bike for six seconds! ( That's why I have an adult tricycle. Lol. I don't even ride that since I managed to fling myself sideways off of it and block the ground with my right palm. Then I combat rolled sideways, banging up my elbow and using my shoulder as a breakpad. The amazing thing? If I had gone another two inches I would've landed on grass instead of concrete. So then I proceeded to walk home with what I thought was a broken elbow and ended up collapsing on the side of the road. )

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump for new overseers! Come on, I even made nice new horrible deathtraps welcome mats at both doors!  What could go wrong?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

I'm thinking 'bout it, but I need to see if I'll have access to a CPU... iPads don't exactly play DF.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Wait... there's no new Overseer? I could play. ( In theory. )

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I picked it up due to random drops.  We have had a hell of a time getting turns done.  First it was FPS, then it was player issues.  If you want to give it a go I say run with it.  The version is MW 4g.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

M'k. Well this should be a fun way to blow a weekend. :3 An' I'm not to grate at MW, so if y'all'll forgive me I'm only gon' do the things I understand. Also, I hope to resolve the FPS issues. Failing that, I'll make them worse. Do you have any visual guides on how your grinders work before I begin? ( I could probably figure it out, but that could take up to two in-game months whereas pictures will teach me in like 15-secs. )

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did volunter for overseer like ages ago so yeah..... how is the undead and demon pop going.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Oh, alright. I've already got the save, do you want to go first or what?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I knew we were running out of Overseers, thats why I added it to the title. ;)

Could someone post any new ones, otherwise I cant update the first post. I didnt read everything yet.

I would also appreciate it if people wouldnt talk about me as if I was dead. ;) I am on a bike tour, I do have Wifi when I find it. Currently in Senegal, 200km from the Mali border btw. And I will be back in less then 3 months, not 6 in this case. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Mmm... I'm going to bed right now, I should've gone about four hours ago. However, I'm one of the new overseers, and I'm sure someone else will be happy to give you a proper list.

Have fun on your biking trip and enjoy my tricycle anecdote when you have a break.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alas, Poor Meph.  I knew him well, Horatio...

L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm you can go first and sorry meph thought you were going to back at September  :P

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's not dead, he's just restingcycling!  Sorry Meph.  From your other posts I though you were going to be pretty much cut off from things.

As for a visual guide to the grinders, if you read my journal posts I think I describded the grinder about as much as I can without spending a day on making a manual.  There are lots of picture.  Here are the highlights:

Grimmash's Guide to the Grinder, McMahrgell's Misstep

Prep Work

First, the top grinder needs a path into the fortress.  Copy the layout in the lower grinder, and it should work fine.  Build a long tunnel off the upper corner on the lower level, and make sure you can close it off.

Use the "Grinder" Alert and burrow.  It will keep dwarves off the tracks.  You may need to look at the upper grinder to make sure.  It think I have parts of it in the burrow right now.

Operation

Make sure the drop hatches, on the uppermost level of each grinder, are closed.  Then open up the grinder to let the dwarves haul a cart to it.  All three grinders have carts assigned to stops, so if they can, dwarves will drag a cart there.

Once the cart is in place, lock the bridges that allow access to the grinders.

Open the cart hatches.  For safety, close them immediately after to ensure no one hauls a cart onto the hatch while the grinder is open.  The carts will then run until enough gibblets fill the tracks to derail a cart.

Once a cart derails, pull the brake lever for safety.  This is on the mid level of each grinder.

Open the gate to the grinders.  These levers are all on the lowest level of each grinder.

Dump the body parts.  The lower grinders have a dump room on the level below the grinder.  The upper grinder has no dump room.

Once clear, go back to the beginning of this section.

Have fun, and try not to get hit by minecarts!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Ok! And actually, if Danman wants to go first he can. Apparently those over at MurderMachines took a liking to me and appointed me their next overseer. So I should probably be finishing that around the time that Danman would be finished with his turn. ( Thanks though for the offer. )

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure I will go I just lost my 4 year fort to a werewolf kobold who cause a werewolf plague, and it was a thief so it kinda sneaked into my fort.
Edit-....... Where the fort is everything, also I was only getting 22 fps so I kinda autodump all the dead zombie corpse in hell to one spot to lighten it up a bit.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:20:54 pm by danmanthedog »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46