Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49458 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. 2000 to go.
« Reply #405 on: January 30, 2014, 11:19:27 pm »

We have discovered a link in the mysterious "Rest" revolt. Each revoltee drinks nether grour, becomes "Very Drowsy" and "Rests". We have forbidden all nether grour in the fort.
Who the hell thought its a good idea to brew plants from the third cavern? ^^

And what did I do that you call my death justice? First you poison the people, then refuse to make water like Jimboo did his entire turn. ;)
Wait, the nether grour was actually causing the ill effects? I just forbid it on general principle. And we had wells(Actually, maybe I sealed those off). We had booze(Poisonous nether stuff, but still). You had a crutch(At least I think you did. Even if not, you could still crawl). You weren't even resting. It just said no job. I was going to make you into an apostle of armok to cure the injury. But you refused, so I decided you were obviously a heretic, since you refused to become one of armoks brethren. Plus being tyrannical is fun.  ;D
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 30, 2014, 11:25:50 pm »

Poisonous Booze? Heretics? The Armies of Undead and Legions of Clowns fighting an epic battle while Dwarves eat Popcorn?

Sounds like another day for the citizens of the Cathedral.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 31, 2014, 02:02:12 am »

Haha don't look at me I didn't brew anything my turn.  Just made water.  But I'm glad that you both spotted that.  I was going crazy with the endless drowsy dworfs and cancellation jobs for resting. I thought the whole playthrough was bugged or something.  Kept looking for a disease or syndrome causing agent on the floor.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #408 on: January 31, 2014, 02:05:46 am »

No, someone must have decided to collect plants in the third cavern at some point.  :o
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 31, 2014, 03:04:26 am »

Plz i want to be a part of the story! asked a few times now :-X.
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 31, 2014, 04:36:26 am »

Brilliant, just brilliant :D Those random little surprises (with no one noticing the reason... :D) are just so fun ^^ But as it looks like this first happened just when kamikazis turn began, I'm sure Meph did it himself in those few days he completed Talanics year :P
But I consider this as the the punishment for the prioritization of wood industry anyway, no matter who caused it!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #411 on: January 31, 2014, 04:48:23 am »

Plz i want to be a part of the story! asked a few times now :-X.
I am sure that Arcvasti will dwarf you. :)

But I consider this as the the punishment for the prioritization of wood industry anyway, no matter who caused it!
That was also me.  8)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 31, 2014, 05:27:10 am »

Besides gathering deep cavern plants, was somebody playing around making them with an Herbalist?  I noticed the kitchen has a lot of odd plants.

I didn’t brew anything, either, tho’ I un-brewed quite a bit to make water.  McMeph has – had – nasty long scars in place of the open wounds and busted bones, best I could do.  It may be that I un-Forbid the wrong booze before handing off the save, sorry ‘bout that but I didn’t have the “drowsy” problem.  Along with the short swords for training weaponsmithing, somebody was tasked to forge making corkscrews and pipes for water pumps because copper is not in short supply.  Our dumbass engineers miscounted tiles and put the discharge for the surface pump directly under the east wall so pumping to the cistern wouldn’t be as easy as just setting the pump up.  If the water’s all frozen now, it’s an easy fix for next Spring.  I did suggest hurrying up with those pumps in my last post.   :)   There is another hole dug in the NW section over a single -1z pit so some other Overseer had the same idea but -1z would still freeze so I dug out a larger, deeper cistern next to the larger pool.  I kept McMeph waterered and fed because every dwarf costs 5K in gold coins and ya don’t mess with McMeph (ya don’t tug on superman’s cape, ya don’t spit into the wind … ). 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #413 on: January 31, 2014, 06:21:46 am »

McMeph is now only a withered corpse and an angry ghost, who probably wont come by with friendly tips about what things are causing which issues anymore.

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!
- Meph

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 31, 2014, 04:07:57 pm »

McMeph is now only a withered corpse and an angry ghost, who probably wont come by with friendly tips about what things are causing which issues anymore.

- Meph

Perhaps your son or something could be summoned from the mountain homes so you can be redworfed?  After all someone has to collect your personal effects, even if they can't leave after that.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 31, 2014, 04:10:29 pm »

...but that would be reasonable.   :'(

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 31, 2014, 07:23:46 pm »

- Meph
Angry ghost? I gave you a nice burial.

EDIT: Maybe Meph should edit the OP. It seems a tad inaccurate. Also, I'll definitely dwarf Will_tuna next time I play.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:45:43 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #417 on: January 31, 2014, 07:57:38 pm »

What should I update?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 31, 2014, 09:24:39 pm »

The named dwarf list, for sure. McMeph is still listed as alive and I'm sure there will be a few more... discrepencies soon. Plus Will_tuna has just been dwarfed, so there's that.
Spooky Signature

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground.
« Reply #419 on: January 31, 2014, 09:28:17 pm »

I looked at the dorfing list, and apparently I got so enthralled by the story that I forgot to request a dorfing?

If I haven't already: Talonis Wolf, Wolf Acolyte. Give me an religious profession, or sacrifice me into a golem/whatever it is. The bloodlust of the pack must be satisfied!

Since Arcvasti has been well on top of dorfings, and I'm not on list in the OP, thought I'd repost this just in case.
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46