Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46

Author Topic: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground - 2000 units down. Looking for Overseers!  (Read 49502 times)

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Cathedral☼ - Curious Underground.
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2014, 11:47:59 am »

Are there any dwarf still up for dorfing?With tha lack of migrants and all, Id do anything to please Armok.

Anything is good and for name use my name or something on the lines.
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2014, 12:04:44 pm »

Arnold can still fight. Even if he cant move, you can drop him in line of sight. Might be enough for one level of the structure.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2014, 12:12:16 pm »

Even if I'll be wearing copper for a bit, do I still get to keep my pet Javelin Thrower? He NEEDS me, you know? A copper one just wouldn't have the same bond.

Also, sorry about the trade-agreement thing. I misread the announcement and thought it was the elves I was dealing with. With elves I usually head straight for the Pets section to browse for warbeasts, (And snakes, because tossing invaders into a snakepit is really satisfying.) but when I saw that they had nothing to offer that I couldn't get from the home-civ I just skipped through without a second thought.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »

S'okay.  I'll just hold a grudge forever.

The Squires are going to all make enough copper armor for the rest of the squads, except for dwarves who already have kills, who get to wear the best stuff we have.  This should cut down on 'ambushed by kobold, dead in five seconds' events.

The human caravan was trailed by a squad of orcs, which hit our defenses and splattered.  Dohon, McJaxey, and Stormbuilder all added an orc to their kill lists.  No apparent injuries.

Got some sterling silver from the humans, which is quickly(ish) being converted into drinking vessels.  We're working on some goblets for the dwarven caravan, as that's the trade good they requested most highly.  The humans also brought steel - a dozen bars.  Not bad.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2014, 12:57:27 pm »

Why do kobolds have to be so annoying...

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2014, 01:02:05 pm »

Did my pick find another victim since I took down that frostgiant? Or did I get demoted to mining again? ^^ Oh, and any more news from the frost giants?

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »

No, and no.  And I think that burrows are interfering with my attempt to research things...

Edit:  I usually have one big burrow that encompasses all safe areas of my fort, including stockpiles.  The split into many different layers means that materials were outside the same burrow as the research lab.  On the addition of my customary burrow, we went from having three available projects to thirteen, including finishing golem research.  We're back in business.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:14:48 pm by Talanic »
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2014, 03:34:29 pm »

Finally, fall came, and with it, the Dwarven caravan.

And orcs.  Lots of orcs.

They came in a rush, beating the caravan to the depot by a mile, perhaps in the hope of seizing the fortress and setting a trap for the newcomers.  The Axes of Armok and Fortress Rangers met them there, reinforced by the Squires Templar. 

Two more waves of orcs came, enough to press the tiny fortress hard - until the caravan's guards finished the trip in.  The orcs broke and ran, only for McFengyun to give chase, hoping to score another kill.  Such bloodthirst was only folly...they found her corpse at the edge of their territory, struck down by a spear through the head.

The dwarves gathered what strength they could muster, but the youngest among them was the first to notice what the caravan had brought.  Timeless Bob, newly grown to adulthood, ensured a specific purchase, which he extracted from a cage and led deep into the heat of the earth...

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »

Well, I tried.  But Operation: Arnold was a fairly dismal failure.  Our Hammergolem - activated, skilled up, primed as well as I could manage - killed perhaps five undead before being torn to pieces.  I can't defeat these undead with the resources I have, and my frame rate can't really handle it.  I'm ready to pass off the save a few months early if you want, as I simply can't get anything done in any reasonable amount of time anymore.

The Hammer-Temple is mostly dug out, with raised areas for the actual temple and oracle (along with trenches to eventually be filled with magma, both for the oracle and for the fun of it).  I'd intended to smooth the walls, install lighting on the towers, and remove the stairs, but that was just not feasible with how few dwarves we have.  I hope the next overseer sees fit to put out a few screenshots.

Unfortunately, the pit for dumping golems down to the undead is between the temple and the rest of the fort, so there's some job cancellation due to scary things. 

The last piece of good news - The Town Portal is almost finished researching.  With some oil pressed out of some bushes, we should be able to research alchemy and maybe make some gold.

Will review the fort one more time in a couple of hours, then may post the save.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2014, 06:43:58 pm »

So I suggested it before, but why not just simply cavein the ceiling of the whole structure?

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2014, 08:51:38 pm »

That will be up to Grimmash, as I simply don't have the processing power to run the fort anymore.  I'd intended to reduce the temple one more level, but perhaps it's best that someone else finishes it - while I planned it out, my interior decorating skills are more than a little suspect.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8305

Rabble and Squires Templar are both in the Squires armor set, but I don't think there's quite enough copper armor to go around - I kept busy with the temple, golems and research.  We lost two increasingly-difficult-to-replace dwarves, but the town portal is ALMOST done.  Best of luck.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:53:55 pm by Talanic »

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2014, 10:44:02 pm »

I am willing to swap turns with Splint.  I have two forts going now, and am suffering a mild case of fortress turn burn out as I have had mutliple turns on my plate for a few weeks.  So it will be at least a few days before I can properly look at this save.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2014, 11:17:35 pm »

Splint was still a ghost in the fort, last I checked.  I suppose he could also claim to be possessing one or more of us...

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2014, 01:57:59 am »

Oh no, McFengYun died so young. Those orcs deserve a revenge!

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 10, 2014, 03:06:52 am »

Another one bites the dust...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46