Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52417 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #930 on: September 21, 2014, 08:47:41 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"Changing people's minds, one at a time. It will be slow, but we will wait, as we have done for a count of time lost many counts ago."

Celles Gartens:
You have a budget of 25 each month to pay for squad members.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #931 on: September 21, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »

"Mmm, fair enough. So how does this Network thing work? Are all puppeteers automatically pulled in?"

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 22, 2014, 12:51:04 am »

Joes Arlandt:
"We have natural telepathy. When enough of us gather in one place, our minds link, and we slowly become one mind. This effect is called the Consensus, while the actually connections are called the Network. Crystals, like the one before us, and the one in your hand, extend the Network's range."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 22, 2014, 02:55:46 am »

Run! If they follow, try to ditch them before heading back to the inn.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #934 on: September 22, 2014, 01:47:03 pm »

"Fascinating. So what is it you wish me to do, then?"

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 23, 2014, 07:59:00 am »

((Considering they were traveling partners for a while, I must assume Edgrick knows her last name, at the least.))

"Now, I know you might not be the best at fighting, but we do need someone capable of getting information subtly. As you've seen, Guy and I are...not that. I will try to handle the paperwork, while you handle the street side of things. Does that sound good for now?"

((It’s possible that at the time I didn’t recall. I shall call her Gartens, then. Unless you have a rank in the police ;) ))

”Yes, that sounds perfectly acceptable – I’m ready to go when you are… So what’s been discovered so far and what’s going to happen with the mace?”

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 23, 2014, 04:28:13 pm »

Laura nods, bids her friend farewell, and departs. She then makes her way to the church coalition archive, and does the reading her new detective friend suggested she do. Then, she asks the librarian for help looking up any sort of creature or spell capable of spawning undead of the type and in the fashion the sorcerer described.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 24, 2014, 01:51:03 am »

Alaris Valentis:
(Hide vs. Spot: 7+2 vs. CRITICAL and Success. Disguise vs. Spot: 18+3 vs. Minor Failure and Minor Failure.))
You try to shake them off, but they corner you in an alley. At the last minute, you cover your face with a scarf. "Alright lady, you're going to hand over everything you took. Then we're going to wait for the Coalition."

Joes Arlandt:
"Surprising no one, Redmountain did not destroy all of the eggs. Only half have been destroyed, and the rest are being shipped north to be trained as weapons. We'd like you to intercept it, and bring it back to us."

Laura Godkissed:
(Gather Information as an Int check: 16+0)
The Tinuvaul Barony was part of dead Elven Kingdom. It suffered economic collapse. It was surprisingly north for an Elven nation, as most are even further south. Most of the land was abandoned, but thee nobles who could kept their lands, including the Tinuvaul family. There's nothing that's not ancient history.
The librarian recommends Hallow, or Consecrate, the poor man's Hallow.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 24, 2014, 02:14:42 pm »

"Well, the problem with that is, for one, I didn't take anything, and secondly, I am Coalition."
Alaris flashes her badge.
[BLUFF] "I hate to have to give up this information, but I'm left with no other choice; We were scoping out the office for signs of tax fraud. All I know is the higherups are saying that Redmountain's not paying what he should, and that we needed to check out his paperwork, and do it on the down-low. Now, I need to get beck to Coalition HQ, so if you'll excuse me..."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #939 on: September 24, 2014, 03:03:20 pm »

"I see. Where are these eggs, and how am I to pass them to you?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:01:31 am by Angle »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 25, 2014, 01:12:05 am »

Alaris Valentis:
(Bluff: 7+10, vs. Sense Motive: ?+?, Success.)
They step back a little, and lower their fists a little, but they are still blocking your exit. "Ya got a warrant? Ya gotta have a warrant."

Joes Arlandt:
In a blink of an eye, your mind swells with new knowledge. You see a map of a caravan route, with ideal ambush locations marked out with times and extra details, including natural features.
"You can take the wagon out into the desert. We've arranged a drop with some of the desert tribes, who will take it back into the city, and back to us."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #941 on: September 25, 2014, 03:03:00 pm »

"Alright. Also, have you had any contact with demons, or people who like to style themselves like demons? I has an interesting encounter with such an individual, and I think he might target you if he learns about you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:11:29 pm by Angle »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 27, 2014, 04:30:07 pm »

They always want a warrant, don't they...
[BLUFF]"Do you really think I would bring a warrant with me? This was supposed to be an undercover mission. I wasn't even supposed to tell you guys I was here. If you really need to see the warrant, drop by the HQ during business hours, I'll give you the name of my superior, and he'll sort everything out for you. I really must go, though, so unless you want to get charged with obstructing an investigation, I suggest you leave me be.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 27, 2014, 06:19:36 pm »

Laura struggles to focus during her reading. Just boring history explaining why the elf might be important. She had thought the detective would have left her some sort of secret message in a book or something. She thanks the librarian, and heads back to her locker at HQ where she stashes her visitor's badge and checks the time...

(OOC; I'm waiting for some other PCs to show up at HQ so we can discuss liberating a warehouse from a gang.)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 27, 2014, 10:05:39 pm »

((Considering they were traveling partners for a while, I must assume Edgrick knows her last name, at the least.))

"Now, I know you might not be the best at fighting, but we do need someone capable of getting information subtly. As you've seen, Guy and I are...not that. I will try to handle the paperwork, while you handle the street side of things. Does that sound good for now?"

((It’s possible that at the time I didn’t recall. I shall call her Gartens, then. Unless you have a rank in the police ;) ))

”Yes, that sounds perfectly acceptable – I’m ready to go when you are… So what’s been discovered so far and what’s going to happen with the mace?”

"Well, with the mace, I'm gonna turn it in to impound with the necessary paperwork, they'll hopefully process it, see what it does, let us know, and maybe we'll get to use it, maybe they'll give us some other reward for turning it in. I prefer my spear, so I don't know how useful it would be. We haven't gotten too far; effectively, after I turned in the report concerning the puppeteers in the mine, the higher-ups lumped me and Guy together and told us to get to work. Made a list of people we should consider hiring, you and Cade were on it. Apparently, the wizard isn't exactly an ally anymore..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 67