Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52427 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #885 on: September 10, 2014, 05:09:52 pm »

"I'll be holding onto the mace, and that sword. After all that business with What's-His-Name, I can't say I trust any of you to hold onto rare and expensive magical items. Did I mention they're expensive? Besides, I'm the one with the contacts to be able to sell the damned things."

Take the sword, wait for Edgric to hand me the mace.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 11, 2014, 09:36:25 pm »

"By the hells you will. This is Coalition property now; evidence in the investigations against these criminals."

Pulling herself free of the last of the webs, Gartens stared pointedly at Alaris, holding out a hand for the sword. Her dogs watched Alaris equally pointedly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 11, 2014, 11:14:37 pm »

Alaris stares at Gartens for a good long while, weighing the options and finally deciding that picking a fight with a heavily armed and armored Coalition officer would be a bad idea and handing over the sword.
"Cops just always have to end up stealing my fun, huh?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 12, 2014, 07:18:07 pm »

"Allowing powerful magic items to escape onto the black market is not in anyone's best interests."

The crusader stows the sword before holding a hand out for Edgrick's mace, as well. "I apologize for the necessity, but if they were looking for it, it's probably important, and the Coalition has more resources with which to analyze them than you do."

She speaks to Alaris again, as she walks back towards the group.

"Once we've determined the sword is not inherently harmful, you may, of course, put in a request form for permission to use it- all that would be required first would be assisting the Church Coalition in some fashion. Speaking of which, that's part of why I wished to meet with you, Edgrick."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 12, 2014, 08:25:30 pm »

Alaris sighs, looking tired and defeated. "Well then, tonight has been rather pointless, so if you'll excuse me, I'd like to retire to my room now. Please don't wake me up again."
With that, Alaris turns and stomps up to her room, slamming and locking the door behind her.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 12, 2014, 10:48:23 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
You pass by the warehouse, glancing out of your eye.
(Passive Spot: 13)
It's a somewhat dilapidated two story warehouse. Some of the windows have been boarded up, mostly on the first story. It is surrounded by alleys, and shares no walls with other buildings. There are a few people smoking cigarettes nearby. Guards? Maybe.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 13, 2014, 03:04:52 am »

Alaris, after making a big show of leaving to her room, makes her way out the window and onto the street. She heads for the office building she cased earlier and starting her break-in. At the rate things were going, she knew she'd have to do this herself or not at all.

Enter through the planned route. Make sure to avoid guard patrols and stick to the less populated hallways. Above all, find the documents and get out intact.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 13, 2014, 08:38:01 am »

"Well, I suppose we'd better head back to the station, hadn't we?"

Guy hefts his catch and prepares to transport it back to the Coalition in the usual lethal-falling manner.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #893 on: September 13, 2014, 12:30:26 pm »

I attempt to activate the crystal.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 14, 2014, 01:15:27 am »

Alaris Valentis:
The guards are few and far between at this hour of the night. The plan you've worked out is to wait until there aren't any nearby patrols, hop onto the roof and enter through a roof access.
(Move Silently: 19+6, Success. Climb: 12+2, Success. Open Lock: Take 20+6, Success.)
Now, down the stairs- *secret rolls* Take 4 damage.
Holy shit, you're bleeding from the neck! It's not too bad, whatever it was didn't cut too deep. Looking carefully, you can now see a thin razor wire shining in the moonlight, stretched across the stairwell.

Gregory Guy:
You leave Celles to finish talking to Edgrick, and take flight into the afternoon sky. You return to Headquarters, and secure your new prisoner in their holding cells. He probably has a couple of hours till he's back on his feet, so he'll be fine.
You remember the list of potential squad members is still in your pocket. Pulling it out, the only name you have eyes for is Elias Joliton's. An ex-mindslave and serial killer, with firsthand knowledge of the foe... Is he worth the risk?

Joes Arlandt:
(UPD: Nat 20.)
You hesitantly try and expend your focus into the crystal, and suddenly you are seeing through the eyes of another.
They are sitting in dimly lit room, part of a circle of cloaked figures. In the middle of the circle is a tall and thin crystal, casting blue light room. From your viewpoint, it's the only light source you can see. In your head, you hear a voice.
"Another mind has joined our network."
Then, you are blasted with a cacophony of overlapping voices, each distinct and loud.
"yes we feel it it is strong this is good is it the psion yes this is good more brethren is good more warriors for the time to come-"
The first voice cuts back in, quieting the ones that followed it. "SILENCE. He is a guest. We need him. Psion, you have questions. Ask them."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #895 on: September 14, 2014, 02:36:43 am »

"Well, to start with, who are you?"

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 14, 2014, 03:17:49 am »

Joes Arlandt:
"We are the exiles, trapped away from home. We are psionics, like you. One of our brethren gave you the crystal."
There is a pause, and just as you are about to ask your next question, they 'speak' again.
"We are Puppeteers. And we do what we do to see a world for psionics."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 14, 2014, 08:32:46 am »

I also make sure to notify someone in charge that the prisoner is of the highest risk. Don't want any teleportation shenanigans.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 14, 2014, 10:38:13 am »

Laura eventually wanders back to Mathew's place, with a goofy grin on her face. "Hey Mr. Magic! Your magicy bits store got robbed of all the magicy bits you want... and all its other stuff... by a bunch of criminals from something called the Blackstocks. I know where the rust 'n dust building they are kept in is, and I'll figure out how to get them back."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 14, 2014, 03:45:21 pm »

"Speaking of which, that's part of why I wished to meet with you, Edgrick."

"With me? Anyway, the mace is back in my room, if you want to come and get it. Nothing silly."

Edgrick sticks out his hand.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 67