Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52428 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #870 on: September 05, 2014, 05:31:51 am »

Edgrick remembers to mention something.

”Oh yes, I still have the mace. And Cade didn’t see me store it, so we should be alright – shall we fetch it for examination? I don’t suppose that man has the fee in any of his pockets?”

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 05, 2014, 08:50:11 am »

Selena quietly crawled back down the wall to the floor and casually walked over to the others looking at the body.

"Well. Here I am, just arrived in town and minding my own business, and what do I see but a most strange group of beings having a fight."

She takes a quick look at what everyone else was looking at and see's the black inside of the man's mouth and promptly winces in disgust and slight curiosity.

"Ewww. That's definitely not normal. Anyway, what was the fight all about and what's this about a mace?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 05, 2014, 04:15:05 pm »

"I think that was the guy's name, Mace... Or something. Who are you?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 05, 2014, 11:58:05 pm »

"Selena. You might have noticed me when I tried to fry the big guy with some magic. Anyway, what was the fighting about? Seemed pretty serious... You may want to strip this guy by the way, he's got some magical gear on him that could be trouble if he wakes up." Selena replied as she took a step closer for a look at the fallen enemy.

Inspect the rapier guy closely and search his pockets, using detect magic to see magical stuff. Do I recognise what's up with the black stuff in this guy's mouth?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 06, 2014, 02:16:15 am »

Laura Godkissed:
"No! Go 'way! We're... wassit... cloosed! All out! No more cures! They took them all away!"

Selena Blackwood, Gregory Guy, Celles Gartens, Edgrick Browne and Alaris Valentis:
(Spellcraft: 9+9, 19+9)
He's only got one magic item on him, a chain shirt enchanted with a spell from the Transmutation school. Standing up, you notice that his sword got dropped over in another part of the room. It's also enchanted by Transmutation.
Only the tongue and teeth are black, while the rest of the mouth is normal. It seems that the teeth and tongue are black themselves, and there's no covering.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 06, 2014, 08:01:39 am »

Selena walked over to the dropped sword and picked it up carefully, giving it a look over.

"Hmmm... Mind if I have that chain shirt? It looks about my size, and I need some new gear. You can have this neat sword, since it's probably more your thing than mine, and it's magical too. I think you could put it to good use."

She walked back over to the small group with the blade in hand and looked back at the unconscious man.

"Do you know anything about the whole black teeth and tongue thing? Is it something I should be concerned about?"

Do I remember anything about black teeth and tongues? Do I know of anything that could do something like that, magical and otherwise?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 06, 2014, 10:38:19 am »

"Like I said, some sort of gang thing. The Brotherhood? The Family? Something like that. I don't really get much into criminal politics."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 06, 2014, 12:57:13 pm »

Selena Blackwood, Gregory Guy, Celles Gartens, Edgrick Browne and Alaris Valentis:
(Knowledge (???): 6+???)
Hmm. It's vaguely familiar. You must have seen it somewhere in your studies, but you can't place it.

((The DC for this check has been increased by 5 from the original printed DC, due to the plot related nature of this knowledge, BTW.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 06, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
"No! Go 'way! We're... wassit... cloosed! All out! No more cures! They took them all away!"

Laura sighs. Of course. Always somebody out there willing to "Who were the meanies who took the cures?"

There was always a meanie out there looking to ruin somebodies day.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 06, 2014, 05:00:37 pm »

Samantha raises her shoulders in a shrug, looking questioningly at her patient as they step into the examination room.
She intends her raised eyebrow as a "Well? What do you want to do about this?" kind of look, before casting a nervous glance back towards the front door. She is not terribly pleased about the situation.

>Try and non-verbally figure out just what the woman wants me to do. Is she satisfied with her hiding place?
Does she want me to open the door? Or should I just keep it locked? Also ponder who would be worse to have after me; her employers or the people bashing on the door. Perhaps they're a part of some faction I recognize.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 06, 2014, 06:27:14 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
"The Blackstocks Boys and Girls! They took it all, and put it in their warehouse! 'cept ma booze.. ma sweet booze would never leave me, i's my only friend..."

Samantha Graithon:
(Sense Motive: 3+0)
She's extended her arm and made a closed fist, with the thumb extended, pointing up. Now, she has both arms extended, and is sort of flapping her hands up violently, as if she was shooing something away, but that can't be it... Is she saying that they have some creature with claws on the roof?
You shrug your shoulders and take a quick peek through the shutters.
(Spot: 12+3, Knowledge: Local: 11+9)
There are three outside, all wearing non-descript clothing, except for a design sewn onto their leather jackets. It identifies them as part of the Marquad Row gang. They're one of the gangs in your area. You hear they had a scuffle recently with another gang and won.
You're more willing to piss of the gang, since they probably won't totally wreck the place.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 06, 2014, 07:54:20 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
"The Blackstocks Boys and Girls! They took it all, and put it in their warehouse! 'cept ma booze.. ma sweet booze would never leave me, i's my only friend..."

Laura nods. Wonderful. If they had a warehouse, and a name that implies at least four people, two or more boys, and two or more girls, this would likely be out of Laura's league. But Laura knew cops. In fact Laura technically was a cop in some sense. What was the point of working for a group like to coalition if they couldn't work for you once in a while...

"Well, it is your lucky day then good fellow. Just tell me where that warehouse is and how many of them there are. I have friends who work for the Church Cops... We can make them return your cures. People shouldn't steal cures; What if somebody needs them to get un-not-cured?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 07, 2014, 01:48:35 am »

Laura Godkissed:
"I's two blocks weast. Now go 'way. Not drunk 'nough. T'e cops should join me, i's better than being dead."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 10, 2014, 09:17:38 am »

Laura nods, and saunters back to the sorcerer's 'tower' to report what has happened. She takes a route that would take her past the warehouse, so that she may get a good look at it and its security, although she turns back if stopped on the street again.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 10, 2014, 11:22:35 am »

"Shall we recover the mace and inspect it? And should you take the suspect into custody?"
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 67