Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52439 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #826 on: August 15, 2014, 12:14:24 pm »

Selena raised an eyebrow at the madness.

"Well, you'd really only see stuff more interesting than this in the hells." She muttered as she slipped in and promptly walked up the wall after a quick invocation to crouch on the ceiling, safely out of harms way so she could watch.

Which side does it look like is winning? Use detect magic to see if anyone has got any sweet magical stuff from my spot on the roof.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 15, 2014, 03:14:27 pm »

Laura tries knocking on the doors of Hix'ix'ix's nearest neighbors. It would be more of a surprise if she didn't personally deliver it anyway...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 15, 2014, 05:27:58 pm »

Selena Blackwood:
Well, in the chaos, it's hard to tell who's on whose side, but you bet that Rapier and Mace are on a team with Wizard, against Heavily Armored, Beast, Bardy, and Stabby.

Laura Godkissed:
His nearest nieghbors are out and their doors are locked, but on your fifth try, you find one who answers your knock. A tired looking dwarf opens the door. "What do ye want?"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:33:16 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 16, 2014, 12:05:02 am »

Edgrick stared for a second with surprise and disgust at Cade, hoping he had just been mind controlled rather than tricking him all along...

Move to flank and stab Rapier.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 16, 2014, 04:18:14 pm »

Guy moves in range of Mace again and picks him back up.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 17, 2014, 12:10:31 am »

Edgrick Browne, Gregory Guy, Alaris Valentis and Celles Gartens:
(Attack: 10+7+2, Fail.)
Edgrick's attack is deflected by Rapier's shiny chain armour.
(Grapple: *The DM cries*)
Again, Mace finds himself entrapped by Guy's massive fist.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Celles' turn.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:19:40 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 17, 2014, 10:21:16 am »

Selena thought carefully about what she was going to do after looking closely at the fight for a few moments, then after shrugging and pulling her scarf up into a makeshift mask over her face, she opened fire.

Use detect magic on the team of 3 dudes, to see if they got any sweet gear. Then interrupt with a surprise Eldritch blast to Rapier after making sure to cover my face with a scarf I keep handy for just such an occasion.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 17, 2014, 11:26:36 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
His nearest nieghbors are out and their doors are locked, but on your fifth try, you find one who answers your knock. A tired looking dwarf opens the door. "What do ye want?"

Laura is quick to recognize impatience and exhaustion by sight, but decides to deal with the dwarf anyway. She offers her brightest smile, and gives the air a brief sniff to make sure there isn't anything more than meets the eye about the little man's mood, before explaining why she was bothering him.

"I brought these food stacks for my friend Hix'ix'ix as a pleasant surprise, but he is out of the office right now. Would you be so kind as to see that he gets them? You could put one past your own teeth if you wish, I got enough for him to share."

She holds out the bag, before remembering that an introduction might be nice. "If he gets curious, or is afraid somebody is trying to feed him murder juice, you can let him know they are from Laura Godkissed."

Diplomacy Check: 1d20+6=12
Sense Motive: 1d20+13=14

(Of course I nat 1 the Sense Motive...)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 18, 2014, 12:02:11 am »

Selena Blackwood:
((Sorry, forgot about Detect Magic.))
The mage's spells are confounding your readings, but Rapier's weapon and chainmail are definitely magical. The same goes for Mace's weapon and full plate.
(Eldritch Blast: 1+6, Critical Fail.)
Your blast goes straight into the floorboards.
(Initiative: 17)

Laura Godkissed:
He rubs his eyes, futilely trying to clear the dust from them. "Look, I can't deliver your sandwiches. I just got off a bad 12 hour shift. Hix'ix'ix spends most of his shift in the mines. You could probably find someone heading in, and ask them to drop them off with the kobold. He's overseeing Shaft 37 these days."
He turns to close the door, but looks over his shoulder at you. "He'll probably appreciate them. Word is we lost someone in a mine collapse." He says these words with the beleagueredness of someone who puts up with this every day.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 18, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »

Laura nods. "Thank you. Do you know where a good spot to catch the ants on their way to the hole would be?"

Her smile doesn't break, but Laura briefly begins to frown on the inside. An on the job death was not something that was likely to liven her friend's mood. Making the Kobold happy was turning out to be one hell of a project.

Laura follows the Dwarf's instructions

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 18, 2014, 11:56:00 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
He gives you directions to Shaft 37, and there, you hand off your sandwiches to a human pushing an empty mining cart into the shaft.
You are standing in a quiet section of a maze of minecart tracks, with people pushing loads to and from huge buildings, from which massive smokestacks billow black smoke into the sky. You still have your visitors badge, and nothing but time. Some exploration might be in order.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 19, 2014, 07:17:30 am »

Gah - Next time, delay my attack until I can repeatedly sneak attack Guy's grappled enemy in the face!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 19, 2014, 10:50:58 am »

Laura is indeed taken by the urge to explore, but decides that Shaft 37 is not the proper place to do so. If she were to get hurt or into trouble here, it would likely be on her friends neck.

Laura searches the area for exploration opportunities other than Shaft 37.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 19, 2014, 02:40:46 pm »

Maneuver obtained: Shield Block

Gartens shifts her attention to the wizard, expression contorting in anger as she races towards the halfling, dogs charging ahead of her to barrel into the small man.

Dogs charge Cade, Gartens uses Crusader's Strike while charging if possible, just charges if not.

((Screw that guy))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 67