Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52456 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #765 on: July 14, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »

I do have staff with a glowing crystal on the end, so I'm not entirely unremarkable.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 14, 2014, 11:52:23 pm »

Samantha Gralthon:
The Kobold is nicely dressed, but also has some unwashed dirt from the mines on his face. An overseer, prehaps?
The human, on the other hand, is dressed rather averagely. He's unremarkable, and, hence, unreadable.
And then there's his staff, which makes him decidely wizardly, but no wizard you've ever seen doesn't dress like a wizard at all times.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 22, 2014, 12:18:33 am »

Gregory Guy, Celles Gartens, Cade Thorngage, Alaris Valentis and Edgrick Browne:
As the officers of the law consider Edgrick's offer, a distant clocktower chimes twelve times. The taven door slams open like a thirteenth chime. In walk the freelancer's employers.
Seeing Guy and Gartens, they draw weapons. One draws a rapier with a flourish, While the other pulls a mace with a grimace.
"Well, this is unfortu-"
The one with the rapier interupts his partner. "You're going to fuck off coppers, if you value your skin."
The first one nods sadly. "Yes, I was getting to that. I'd do as he says. We'll be needing the morningstar too, if you please."
With that, metal plates fly in from nowhere, forming a suit of Full Plate around the first one. Gregory and Gartens, you recognize it as the exact same armor the thug from earlier summoned.

Joes Arlandt, Samantha Gralthon and Laura Godkissed:
((I don't have anything for you three at this time. I'll need one of you three to take initiative.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 22, 2014, 12:22:42 am »

Gregory smiles.
"Sorry, I won't be surrendering my weapons."

How far are they from us? Has combat started?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 22, 2014, 12:24:43 am »

About twenty feet, and combat has not yet started, but if you do take a hostile action, you will not receive a surprise round, and initiative will be rolled as normal.

Also, the tavern is almost empty.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 22, 2014, 12:36:24 am »

"Before continuing this, I would like you to take a moment to examine the situation. There are five of us. One barely fits into this room and is obviously unnatural in origin, by his wings. Two more are capable of magic. I personally have a shield that is both taller and wider than you, in addition to at least four weapons on my person, and two trained hounds who each likely weigh more than you."

She pauses to allow them to absorb this information.

"Now. Is this really something you want to go ahead with?"

Both of the dogs stand next to her, grinning lazily, ears perked up in anticipation. Their large, exposed teeth act as emphasis on her words.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:38:16 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 22, 2014, 12:53:16 am »

"I say we take them in anyway. They did threaten officers on official business."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 22, 2014, 02:13:56 am »

She pauses to allow them to absorb this information.
During this pause, Alaris mentally communicates to them, [CON] "...And one can flay your mind with a single thought."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 22, 2014, 02:55:40 pm »

Gregory Guy, Celles Gartens, Cade Thorngage, Alaris Valentis and Edgrick Browne:
Your talk simply makes the armored one chuckle, while Rapier grins and disappears before your eyes. From where he used to be comes his voice. "They think they  can take us. Isn't that funny?"
"You got the big one? I'll take the one with her dogs."
"Chill. I'm putting it at 45 seconds."
"45? Really? Well, maybe for the big guy."

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Alaris Valentis's turn.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
T is a table.
F is Guy (the Fist), G is Gartens, g is Greghir, k is Kemik, E is Edgrick, A is Alaris, C is Cade.
M is the guy with the armor and the mace.
You don't know where Rapier is, but R is where he was when he disappeared. Guy smells his scent in the east side of the room. It is assumed that this north is up.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:00:56 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 22, 2014, 02:57:13 pm »

Can we get a marker for his last known location?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 22, 2014, 10:53:06 pm »

Gregory would turn his head to roughly follow the vanishing foe. With a snort of contempt, he would then move fifteen feet east then fifteen southeast, his head raised to pinpoint his invisible foe. As soon as he discovered the rapier man, he would lunge forward and grab (+18 to hit, melee touch attack) the now-visible opponent by the torso and raise him easily into the air (Grapple at +27).

"Think you can just fade into the shadows without me finding you?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 23, 2014, 02:35:59 am »

She says idly to Joes, with a brief glance aside, "You may need to hold her down. This will likely hurt a bit."

Laura lets out a weak chuckle. "Being hurt is letting a child get stabbed because you mistook an Assassin for a Pocket Farmer... This will meerly make my flesh scream a bit... but do have me held down. I don't like it when the people I'm trying to heal squirm."

The Cleric sniffs the air as her coherency begins to return. Her healer smelt of curiosity, with a faint hint of greed. Perhaps without thinking about the consequences of shocking one's medic just before a procedure, Laura answers the unspoken inquiry. "Oh, don't worry... I'm not as poor as I look. In many ways, in fact, I consider myself quite rich. I should be able pay whatever you ask, assuming you are not selling your integrity to the whims of the market for extra shiny, like so many in this town do."

1d20+13=30 Sense Motive Check to know she is being examined.

Samantha seems somewhat miffed by that last comment.
"Would you perhaps, kindly, refrain from questioning my integrity even as I do my best to keep you alive?"
She raises an eyebrow, emphasising her words by tugging the thread tight before deftly tying off the stitches.
Then the doctor gives her handiwork a thorough glance over, ensuring it's all up to standard.

>Finish tending to the wound, apply a bandage, and then allow Laura to get carefully up from the table.
Carefully observe patient for signs of anything else being wrong.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 24, 2014, 03:26:54 pm »

Joes Arlandt, Samantha Gralthon and Laura Godkissed:
(Heal: 12+8, ((DC 20, BTW. Working on better non-magical healing rules. Currently it's DC 20 for 1d4, 25 for 1d6, 30 for 1d8, etc. Each one gets half heal skill bonus HP.)) 2+4 HP recovered.)
After a half hour applying herds and salves, Samantha declares Laura fit to leave. As she is packing a small bag of supplies for Laura to self-medicate, an urgent knock comes from the door. When Samantha peeks out the shutters, she sees a young man and woman supporting another young woman between them. You let them in, (Heal: 3+8) and, once they're in better light, that the supported woman is bleeding profusely.
One of her companions digs out a letter. Samantha recognizes one of her… benefactors’ signature. (PM with letter incoming.)
After quickly reading the letter, she leads the woman into her examination room. Her companions wait in the office, along with Joes and Laura.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 24, 2014, 07:01:32 pm »

Laura watches with only the slightest interest as the other wounded person is hustled into Samantha's office. She was, at this point, fairly sure that her own magic could do more for the new victim's wounds than the medic's healing, but the last thing she wanted to do right now was harm the ego of the person who had just helped save her life.

She digs through her rags and produces a few coins from various pockets, and places them on the table as payment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The cleric then turns to the others and offers a weak smile. "Have I been making friends while unconscious again? Or do I need to be introduced to this fine fellow who likely helped me get here?"

She then leans against the wall and breaths deeply. "Also, can anybody tell me what part of the city we are in? I was drunk and then I was taking a rare break from being awake, so I can't be sure. I would like to get back to the Priest Police; I should think that they would be willing to heal one of their own healers... and at the very least I should tell them that pocket farmers are trying to kill little elves in case daddy elf has his own healing person and didn't bother visiting them yet."
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 67