Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52462 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #615 on: May 31, 2014, 01:36:04 am »

Knowledge check on the picture of the weapon. Do I know more details about it and what it can do? (Take 10)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 31, 2014, 01:39:59 am »

"Alaris... We have another task to acomplish tonight. Same kind of thing. Would it interest you to join us for a third of the fee? It would be good to have you along, although the only difficulty I expect is with the exchange, not the job itself..."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #617 on: May 31, 2014, 10:29:42 am »

Check the wall they're behind. Is it solid? Also ask Hix'ix'ix if he has expertise in searching for hidden mechanisms.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 31, 2014, 11:11:57 am »

Map the patrol routes I can see, then return to the others and share notes.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 31, 2014, 01:26:00 pm »

Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
(K:A:21)
Weapons like this channel a warrior’s soul energy, calling on ancestral spirits.

You return to Alaris’s room, and bang on her door.

Alaris Valentis:
(This is before you left to do the whole spying thing)
As you try to drift off to sleep, a loud knock on your door sounds.
(If you ignore this, I’ll tell you the guard's patterns. If not, I’ll tell you once everyone is on the same day.)

Joes Arlandt:
As far as you can tell, it’s pretty solid. Hix’ix’ix spends a few minutes rubbing his hands over the rock and hitting it lightly with tools. He pushes a rock, and a large section of the wall collapses, revealing another chamber.
Massive green crystals cover the walls of a large cavern. Even though your Detect Psionics ran out, you can still recognize the raw form of Cognizance Crystals.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 31, 2014, 02:07:39 pm »

((Whoops - if Alaris responds I say something along the lines of: ))

"Alaris... We have another task to acomplish tonight. Same kind of thing. Would it interest you to join us for a third of the fee? It would be good to have you along, although the only difficulty I expect is with the exchange, not the job itself..."

Whether she wants to join us or not, Cade and Edgrick will proceed directly to somewhere in sight of the target building. There's not a moment to lose!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 31, 2014, 03:37:20 pm »

"Well, we have enough to hire five, and these ones seem to fit the bill...who do you want to try and contact first?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #622 on: May 31, 2014, 08:16:14 pm »

Ask Hix'ix'ix about the construction of that wall. Was it natural, or artificial? Also take a good look around this chamber, and estimate about how much value of crystal there is here.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 31, 2014, 10:33:36 pm »

"I say we take a look into this enchanter. After all, he might be useless, and if he's not it's best to set up supply lines first."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 01, 2014, 12:06:35 am »

Joes Arlandt:
"Sssomeone did a bad job building it, ssso they hid it with fungusss. Not sssure what the concrete agent wasss, though."
In total, these crystals are worth approximately 450,000,000 gold, or 450 million gold. You are certain of this fact.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Celles Gartens and Gregory Guy:
You make your way to the R&D division, which is on the edge of the building and opens out into an alley where couriers carry small, oddly shaped packages to and from unknown destinations. The air is a-buzz with arcane sparks, the clang of hammers on molten metal and the quiet murmurs of collaboration. When you ask for Herna, you are pointed to a gnome bent intently over a project. He doesn't notice you until you cough loudly. He jumps a little, and turns around in his spinning chair..
"Oh, hello. You must be Guy and Gartens! A pleasure!" He stands up from his seat to shake your hands.
"I'm Kyle Herna! A pleasure! You've come about the anti-psionic gear, I assume? I was just finishing a rough first example." He spins around, grabbing something off his workbench as he passes it. On his way back, he is cradling a pair of goggles. The lenses are sort of hemispheres, made of purple glass. They look kinda dingy.
"They are the best I could come up with on short notice." He forces it into Gregory's hands.
"Try them on, and then I can resize them for your head size!"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #625 on: June 01, 2014, 12:08:53 am »

I startle at this fact, then blink for a moment. "That's a lot of money right there. Lets see if there's anything else hidden behind them, but be careful not to touch the crystals."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 01, 2014, 12:26:10 am »

Joes Arlandt:
There is nothing behind the crystals. Also, as you search behind them, you count about 75 formations, each of which should be enough to create 100 Cognizance Crystals.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #627 on: June 01, 2014, 08:32:54 am »

Move on and check the rest of the mine. Make a mental note to tell redmountain about the crystals and, if they're difficult to mine without damaging, warn him.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 01, 2014, 02:45:48 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
Hix'ix'ix leads you the part of the mine where the previous miners collapsed the entrance to prevent the Puppeteers from escaping. There's not much here other than rubble, so you leave.
Redmountain is stunned by the number you quote. "Now, do your employers have access to that kind of money?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #629 on: June 01, 2014, 03:05:23 pm »

I don't know. You'd best correspond with them, in matters this important they'll want to arrange the details personally.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67