Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52542 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. There ain't no OSHA in this town...
« Reply #495 on: May 04, 2014, 07:11:26 pm »

Take a look at the incident reports.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 04, 2014, 07:42:10 pm »

Alaris stows her notebook, puts her hands up and turns around. "Can't even break into a house in broad daylight anymore. What is this world coming to?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 06, 2014, 07:30:27 pm »

((Sorry that it’s taken me so long to get this up, and that it’s so short. Also, the forms should look better if you open them with Word or similar products.))

Gregory Guy[/u]
You only manage to find a single lead. Not much, but worth checking out.

Alaris Valentis
You turn around, and spy a rather startled man with short, black, slicked-back hair in nice clothes standing by the sleeping woman. Seeing that you’ve seen him, he goes for his knife, but doesn’t draw yet. He obviously didn’t expect to break in at the same time as someone else.
“Look, I don't want no trouble. I’ll just take what I came for, and you’ll take what you came for, and we’ll both leave happy.”

Gartens
You dig around for an off-duty incident report form, and come up with this.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 06, 2014, 07:55:07 pm »

Time to check the gangs. Head to the nearest bar.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 06, 2014, 08:43:29 pm »

((It's the middle of the day. Would you like to wait until there's actually people in the bars?))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 06, 2014, 08:44:00 pm »

Alaris is as surprised to see this man as he is to see her. "...and what are you here for, exactly?"
Don't need him to answer, just need to pick his brain.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 06, 2014, 08:50:02 pm »

((You mean there's not always gang members hanging out at their favorite bars?))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 06, 2014, 08:57:02 pm »

Alaris is as surprised to see this man as he is to see her. "...and what are you here for, exactly?"
Don't need him to answer, just need to pick his brain.
"Dat's not important, lady. All you need to know is dat I'm here to collect some collateral."
((You've got Telepathy, not Read Thoughts.))
((You mean there's not always gang members hanging out at their favorite bars?))
((Gang members have jobs too.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 06, 2014, 09:08:20 pm »

"Her? Look, as much as I would love to let you get away with a kidnapping, I'm not that kind of thief. If you don't leave, I might be forced to incapacitate you and leave you on a Coalition doorstep somewhere."
Then, in his head, "...And trust me, you don't want to be in that situation."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 06, 2014, 09:26:55 pm »

The man goes for his knife with a grin, and his hand tightens around the hilt, his face goes deathly white. Quickly, his hand darts into his leather vest, pulling out a vial with a silvery liquid. He tosses it at your feat, filling the air around you with noxious fumes. You take a big sniff. Sleeping gas. Ha.
((You have a surprise round.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 06, 2014, 09:51:19 pm »

Gartens rubs her neck and stands up, letting her chair scrape back as she stretches. Finally! Finally she was done with the blasted report. Paper littered the area around her desk, the reports that she ended up being unable to send, or tore, or any number of other mistakes that had turned this bloody paperwork into an hours-long activity. Bleh. But now, at least, she could turn the report in, and get to work on the next set of forms...

Melisi grant me strength to withstand all trials...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 06, 2014, 10:16:28 pm »

Really? Is everyone in this town an alchemist? Well, I could just put him to sleep and save myself some trouble, but I think I need a little entertainment.

"You really shouldn't have done that."
(Telepathy)

Draw sword. Use prestidigitation to turn my eyes red. Look angry and demonic. Intimidate.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 07, 2014, 03:19:11 pm »

Wait around then, and find out what I can. I want to find the hangouts of these gangs, and I'll take what measures I need to to get them.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 07, 2014, 08:25:42 pm »

Celles Gartens:
As she starts on the next set,  a message comes from the Commissioner for the Captain. Whatever it is, he wants you and Gregory, who is nowhere to be found. One of the other officers says they heard him say something about checking out Incident Reports.
Your hounds track him to the HQ, and then follow him to a bar, where you find him drinking from a tankard and chatting with some unsavory folks. There are a few suspicious and burly men in the corner, eying Gregory.
Alaris Valentis:
You poke your head through the smoke, eyes burning red and hair billowing behind you, and growl at him. He's bending over the woman, feeding her a potion of some sort. He looks up and screams a little, and falls backwards, shaken. You have the initiative.
Gregory Guy:
You talk to some of the men in the tavern. They turn out to be miners who got fired from the AMC and need some cash to start up. They are dropping some hints about you financing it, when you turn the conversation to the Diffey gangs. Their faces pale and shush you. Obviously, tensions are high, and they don't want to talk about it. But then one of Garten's hounds jump on your lap, and starts licking your face.
Joes Arlandt:
Kalgena towers over the city as you finally make it to the city gates through the gusting wind that brings dust up from the east. As you approach, a dwarf in leather armor comes out of the gatehouse, awaiting your approach. He hails you as you make it into the wind's shadow.
"Halt, citizen. Anything to declare? Have ye felt ill in the last week? What's yer business here? Duration of stay?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 07, 2014, 08:27:23 pm »

"What're you doing here then, northlander?"
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67