Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52636 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. There ain't no OSHA in this town...
« Reply #360 on: April 13, 2014, 07:52:46 pm »

You pick up your torch, and cautiously approach the figures. They are rather eerie, as they stand like soldiers even though they have no internal organs or brain, by the looks of things. In fact, the whole thing is quite chilling. The figures, for lack of a better word, look just like humans, except for the obvious. You cant tell if they are good facsimiles or just well preserved. Either way, when interacted with, they will immediately return to their original positions.
Nearby, there is a table, littered with vials, bottles and various alchemical instruments, along with some scraps of paper. Next to it is a normal looking wooden chest. When you pass by the chest, you are hit by a blast of frigid air.

((If you would like to read the papers, I'll draw some up.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 13, 2014, 11:14:23 pm »

Hm. I didn't think they'd be standing of their own volition. I thought they were tied to a post, or hanging from the ceiling.

Check the chest for traps.
((Normally I would use Thievery for this, but since there's no single Thievery skill, I'll let you decide what to use.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2014, 11:15:54 pm »

Cade casts Glitterdust! The center of the effect is in the middle of the worms, to cover as many as possible, including behind the boulder. Cade then tries to recognise what type of worms they are and more information about them. (Nature check)

1d20+10 → [20,10] = (30)

((Checking for traps would be under the search skill I believe. Also, WOO! First critical!))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2014, 01:23:09 am »

Damnit guys, I was just about to go to bed!
Hm. I didn't think they'd be standing of their own volition. I thought they were tied to a post, or hanging from the ceiling.

Check the chest for traps.
((Normally I would use Thievery for this, but since there's no single Thievery skill, I'll let you decide what to use.))
Lets call that Search, so +2.
As far as you can tell, it's untrapped. You feel pretty confident about that conclusion.
Cade casts Glitterdust! The center of the effect is in the middle of the worms, to cover as many as possible, including behind the boulder. Cade then tries to recognise what type of worms they are and more information about them. (Nature check)

1d20+10 → [20,10] = (30)

((Checking for traps would be under the search skill I believe. Also, WOO! First critical!))
The spell reveals that there was another worm behind the boulder, and, by it's hissing, it's not blinded, unlike it's fellows.
((It's a Knowledge Arcana check, but I'll use the roll.)) These creatures are a combat focused strain of a creature only every whispered about: a Puppeteer. These creatures latch on to hosts, and can command them to do their bidding, turning friend against friend. You glance at the skeletons behind you, their deaths gaining much more meaning. These creatures are known as the Flesh Harrower Puppeteers. They are able to heal their wounds, move at lightning speed, and create a container to hide, rest or protect themselves.

The closest and furthest worms flop around, flailing at enemies that aren't there. It is lawastooshort's turn.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2014, 02:24:58 am »

I will still do this, I think:

Move for the easiest flanking sneak attack – preferably flanking with Gartens and even more preferably without putting myself in a flankable position.

I think this will be two attacks at +4 with d6-1+2d6 damage, presuming worms are sneakattackable, the little wormy gits.

No idea how I got invisible castle to roll 4 times oh wait I do actually – by being an idiot.

22 and 17!

1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=21, 1d20+4=22

If this hits:
11 and 10HP!

1d6-1+2d6=11, 1d6-1+2d6=10

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 14, 2014, 11:50:08 am »

Swish! Swish! Two misses.
It's Rolepgeek's turn.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 14, 2014, 12:00:19 pm »

((Don't forget the blindness and flanking modifiers! Those would definitely help with hitting. Oh wait, they have blind sight... SHIT!))

"Don't let them latch onto you! They can control your body if they do!" Cade shouts over the hissing. He was suddenly more glad that he stuck at range for this battle.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2014, 02:35:32 pm »

Well, here goes nothing.

Open the chest.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2014, 04:59:19 pm »

Opening the chest, you are hit by a stronger blast of cold air. Inside are layers of polished wood, woven together like a loose fabric. ((It's like a cooling rack, IRL.)) Neatly stacked on these racks are all the organs found in the chest, two sets infact. There are ice crystals formed around the sides of the chest, and hanging like icicles from the racks.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2014, 08:42:17 pm »

((Rolled Manuever: Stone Bones; other note; I meant for Greghir to be one space to the left of where she currently is so the worm wouldn't get cover from her, but it doesn't matter too much))

Gartens nods in thanks, briefly, to Cade, before she lunges forward at the creature in front of her, a strange gleam of power transferring itself almost visibly along her weapon as she did so, shining in the darkness of the cavern, even while her stance becomes more noble, militaristic and competitive, rather than the guarded, challenging, ferocity of her previous state. Her hounds know how to fight, they've done so before, and they tear at the worm trapped between them, as if it were a chew toy, while trying to work their way around to their master.

(Gartens Actions: Swift Action: Initiate Martial Spirit stance(2 HP healed to an ally whenever I hit an enemy); Standard Action: Crusader's Strike(normal attack(+7 total Attack bonus), if it hits, 1d6+3 points healed to an ally). Healing would of course go to Kemik. No movement.)
(Kemik's Actions: Swift Action: Initiate Punishing Stance(attacks deal +1d6 damage, -2 AC); Full-Round Action: Full Attack on the worm we're flanking(dun' forget plox); Here's their stats for reference(don't forget if it hits with bite attack, trip attempt(if worms can be tripped)). Five Foot Step to the left, after Greghir's actions.)
(Greghir's Actions: Standard Action: Attack the Worm we've been flanking(bite=trip attempt). Five Foot Step to the right, after Kemik's attacked.)

((Sorry for saying 'Don't forget' so often, but you have to manage a lot of stuff and I don't want to risk it too much, so...don't forget about Combat Reflexes and AoO for me and my hounds.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 15, 2014, 03:17:49 pm »

I will still do this, I think:

Move for the easiest flanking sneak attack – preferably flanking with Gartens and even more preferably without putting myself in a flankable position.

I think this will be two attacks at +4 with d6-1+2d6 damage, presuming worms are sneakattackable, the little wormy gits.

No idea how I got invisible castle to roll 4 times oh wait I do actually – by being an idiot.

22 and 17!

1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=21, 1d20+4=22

If this hits:
11 and 10HP!

1d6-1+2d6=11, 1d6-1+2d6=10
You connect gruesomely with the creatures tough flesh, sending viscous, purple blood spurting everywhere. It roils in pain,a nd then rights itself, ready to strike again.
((Rolled Manuever: Stone Bones; other note; I meant for Greghir to be one space to the left of where she currently is so the worm wouldn't get cover from her, but it doesn't matter too much))

Gartens nods in thanks, briefly, to Cade, before she lunges forward at the creature in front of her, a strange gleam of power transferring itself almost visibly along her weapon as she did so, shining in the darkness of the cavern, even while her stance becomes more noble, militaristic and competitive, rather than the guarded, challenging, ferocity of her previous state. Her hounds know how to fight, they've done so before, and they tear at the worm trapped between them, as if it were a chew toy, while trying to work their way around to their master.

(Gartens Actions: Swift Action: Initiate Martial Spirit stance(2 HP healed to an ally whenever I hit an enemy); Standard Action: Crusader's Strike(normal attack(+7 total Attack bonus), if it hits, 1d6+3 points healed to an ally). Healing would of course go to Kemik. No movement.)
(Kemik's Actions: Swift Action: Initiate Punishing Stance(attacks deal +1d6 damage, -2 AC); Full-Round Action: Full Attack on the worm we're flanking(dun' forget plox); Here's their stats for reference(don't forget if it hits with bite attack, trip attempt(if worms can be tripped)). Five Foot Step to the left, after Greghir's actions.)
(Greghir's Actions: Standard Action: Attack the Worm we've been flanking(bite=trip attempt). Five Foot Step to the right, after Kemik's attacked.)

((Sorry for saying 'Don't forget' so often, but you have to manage a lot of stuff and I don't want to risk it too much, so...don't forget about Combat Reflexes and AoO for me and my hounds.))
You thrust, you mis-judge, and the spear strikes the boulder to it's left.
Kemik bites deep into the worm's neck, puncturing an artery. The beast collapses, dead.
With her foe down, Greghir bounds past Kemik, attacking the worm on the left side of the tunnel. She tries to slip it off it's base, but fails, dealing 10 damage.

The two worms next to the girls both lunge at the hounds, a whirling mass of slime, brown flesh, teeth and tail blades. Only the one behind boulder connects, with it's tail-blade. Kemik suffers 3 damage.

It is Zako's turn.

Code: [Select]
[Cave]
|b-b|
|-W-|
|W-W|
|gKb|
|r-B|
|r--|
|-G-|
|---|
|-T-|
|---|

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 15, 2014, 11:40:25 pm »

Fire my crossbow at the furthest worm. Try to remember if these things have a weakness of some kind that we could use against them.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 16, 2014, 12:06:07 am »

(8 + 5 = 13 < AC) The bolt whizzes by the beast's head.
(3 + 10 = 12) There's some talk about a Queen Puppeteer, a more powerful Puppeteer that lays the Puppeteer eggs.

The farthest Flesh Harrower squirms between it's brethren, and attacks Kemik, dealing 4 damage with it's bite.

It is lawastooshort's turn.

((I'll go learn how to make monsters now.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 16, 2014, 02:25:23 pm »

I'll stay put and delay until an enemy comes into melee range and then TWF them, if the chance occurs.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67