Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52567 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. F The Police!
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2014, 05:56:53 pm »

((Unless Rolepgeek tells me otherwise, he's already hot on the suspect's trail.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2014, 06:16:42 pm »

I suppose I could take care of that for you.

Gregory gives the box a deft blow with his fist.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »

Gregory gives the box a deft blow with his fist.
((Hehehehehehehe...))
Roll...

Roll...
Roll...
Roll...
Roll...
Roll...

The box explodes violently in your face, ((Reflex save: d20 + 4 = 12. 12 does not succeed.)) dealing 22 damage. ((OUCH. That was on the high end of the damage.)) It leaves a smell

"Well, then, Alaris, if you could talk to them, I'll see about following Greghir's nose, then." The crusader nodded amiably to her companion before beginning to walk south, Greghir beside her. "You want me to leave Kemik with you for security?"

((And remember, when tracking by scent, she actually has a +16 to Survival checks made to Track))
((D20 + 16 = 26))
Greghir pursues the trail well, tracing a zig-zag through out the alleys and streets of the city. The massive hound leads you into a dark alley in nicer parts of town, and screeches to a halt, sniffing around confused. From above, you hear a soft, sad, mocking chuckle.
"So here's how it's going to work, copper. You're going to stop following me, and I won't blow you into the Abyss. You and your little dog too."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2014, 08:34:07 pm »

Gregory gingerly picks himself up from the ground where he fell, his wounds stitching themselves shut.

Gah. This is what being the hero gets you, eh?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2014, 08:43:03 pm »

Laura runs over and begins casting Cure Light Wounds, until she sees your wounds healing, at which point she giggles.
"Damn Planetwisted coming over here and taking all the hardworking cleric's jobs.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2014, 08:59:52 pm »

Gartens pretends to consider this for a moment. "I have a counter proposal. You get down from there and come along quietly, and I don't have to spend three hours picking the remains of your spinal column out of my dog's teeth. Sound fair?" She smiled, jerking her visor down over her face as she looked up. Her long, long spear shifted slightly, as she tried to pinpoint his location for a good stab. Just in case.

((I never got a reply about Kemik, so is she with me or no?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2014, 09:00:48 pm »

I can't choose my heritage, can I?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2014, 10:32:48 pm »

Gartens pretends to consider this for a moment. "I have a counter proposal. You get down from there and come along quietly, and I don't have to spend three hours picking the remains of your spinal column out of my dog's teeth. Sound fair?" She smiled, jerking her visor down over her face as she looked up. Her long, long spear shifted slightly, as she tried to pinpoint his location for a good stab. Just in case.

((I never got a reply about Kemik, so is she with me or no?))
We'll say you have Kemik.
Secret spot roll...
Almost complete failure.

You can sort of make out a silhouette, but are unsure if it's your target or a chimney. The sun is low in the sky, making a difficult job worse. Kemik flies into a fury, barking like a demon at another spot on the roof.
"No thanks, copper. Speaking of, I'm pretty sure that my present should have killed one of your comrades. I'll have to attend the funeral. Maybe yours too."
After a moment of silence, a metal object drops down in your midst, bounces once, and then explodes, dealing 18 damage to you and Kemik. A putrid gas cloud spews forth with the shrapnel, but you and Kemik shake off it's effects like it was nothing. Greghir backs away from it, wary. You try to get another glimpse of your attacker, but the visor blocks your vision.

I can't choose my heritage, can I?
"Neither can I, my friend."

Also, both explosions leave behind a smell like rotten eggs.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:39:21 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2014, 12:05:45 am »

"You alright, Gregory? You don't look so good." Meanwhile, Alaris is a little smug inside for knowing she was right, while still being a bit concerned for her comrade.
"So, let's see... A sulphurous odor from the bomb, and the victim was an alchemist. We may have possible motive, provided the suspect is an alchemist, too. Then again, the miners in this town also have access to explosives, but this still narrows down our list significantly. I have an idea and, if you'll excuse me, I have to go talk to an alchemist about it."
Head over to Elias's shop. I need to ask him some questions.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2014, 02:24:08 am »

Secret rolls...

You take a few wrong turns on your journey to Elias's shop so you are slightly delayed. As you approach the shop you see a halfling on the counter arguing with Elias. The halfling gets down after he notices you approaching, muttering something to Elias on his way into the back. Elias smiles as you approach.
"Hey! You're the lady from last night, right? What can I do for you?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2014, 09:30:08 am »

"You want me to go with you?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2014, 12:15:13 pm »

"You want me to go with you?"
"No, I think I can do this better on my own. You should check up on Gartens. Last I saw, she was following her dog around."

Alaris walks up to the counter and leans on it.
"Hey, Elias! Who's that guy?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2014, 12:15:59 pm »

Gregory looks for Gartens.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2014, 01:11:51 pm »

Alaris walks up to the counter and leans on it.
"Hey, Elias! Who's that guy?"
"Oh, that was just the boss, Mr. Tosscobble. It's his shop. I don't think that I caught your name last time, miss."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2014, 09:52:34 pm »

[Haljir on]"Greghir, Kemik, rip his fucking throat out."

((rolled maneuvers are charging minotaur, stone bones, and mountain hammer. Stance taken is martial spirit. I'll use a swift action and spend my stone bones maneuver to use Protection devotion.))

Gartens knows that her hounds have keener senses than she, and tries to follow them into the fray, clapping her shield to the ground as she pulls it out from her back, once more sending a strangely resonant sound through the area.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67