Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52548 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

"Haven't been keeping up on the latest rumors, have you?" She folds her arms and leans back in the chair, "Apparently, someone was murdered the night before last. The body wasn't discovered until the next morning, and no attempts were made at moving it. The only odd part about it is that the body was hacked up and there were several organs missing."
She gets up and begins to slowly pace, as if to help her think, "Now, we can rule out Black Market organ dealer, since anyone smart enough would hide the body, and ripping out organs goes a step above 'crime of passion,' so I'm thinking we're dealing with some sort of ritual, requiring organs to complete. I could probably find out what kind of ritual, but I'd have to know which organs were removed, and the Coalition took the body before I could get to it. I also have no idea what the murder weapon is, but I might be able to figure that out too if I could have a minute to inspect the body."
She stops and smiles at the three of you, "So... Who's up for solving a murder?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Gartens shrugged. "Sounds like we'd have some difficulty, what with all the evidence out of our reach. Greghir has a nose like a Dowsing Wand, but without a scent, she can't do much. And I'm not a fancy mage or anything." She paced for a moment or two before sitting in a chair, cracking her neck and stretching before continuing. "Now, if we had some witnesses, or some suspects, then I could help. I can talk to people, for sure, at least."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So, no chance of us getting to see the body? What with you being in the Coalition and all, I thought we could sneak a peek."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Gartens appears to bristle slightly, but her voice remains steady, almost bored, and she seems to force herself to calm down; at least visibly. "I could certainly ask, but if we are to work on this, we will do so legally."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, I've never known the law to be much help when time is a factor, but we can do it your way, if we must."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump? Hello?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just waiting for you to finish your conversation so I can shove another murder down your throat.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Does being shoved down someone's throat provoke attacks of opportunity?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only from the person who's throat it is.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we're pretty much done with this conversation. Besides, it's not like this is an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT conversation that can't possibly be interrupted by the discovery of a body.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As a note, it is the end of the day, on June 11th, 1259. Also, I highlighted the quest relevant information for convenience.

During the conversation, Laura was paying no attention, letting her eyes wander around the room. Which means that she was the only one to notice the approaching middle-aged man dressed in the causal wear of the Coalition, a stone gray tunic and trousers or dress, with places for standard military-style medals and insignia and individual expression. This man bears a captain’s insignia on his shoulder and a clay brick orange sash. Cleanly inserting himself into the group, he speaks up.

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to break up this conversation for the time being. I take it that you three,” gesturing at Guy, Godkissed and Gartens ((I just realized they all start with G. Minor mind explosion.)), “are the new recruits, correct?” He turns to Valentis. “Please excuse us, miss. Church Coalition business. Officers, please follow me into my office.”

Once inside, he strides over to a wall covered in two maps, one of the city and the other of the local area, with multiple pins and notes tacked and lines drawn on it.

“I am Captain Rodrick Trewal, a Paladin of Urbanas. As you might guess, I supervise the Church Coalition’s operations in this neck of the woods. I’ve already read your files, so introductions can wait. I have your first assignment. If I had the choice, I would rather not give you this as soon as you arrived, but I don’t. Have you heard the stories of the Gut Mugger? Firstly, they’re true, and secondly, they struck again, within the last half hour.” The orange light of the setting sun plays across his grimacing face, doing him no favors in the age department. But slowly, a smile spreads across his face.

“But he made a mistake! He made a mistake! Some of the citizens saw someone leave that alley. I want you three to check out the crime scene, interview the citizens and get the body back here without too many people seeing. You are dismissed.”

(Since Weirdsound has been inactive/delinquent,) Godkissed volunteers to interview the citizens if the others want to investigate the crime scene.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alaris follows closely behind the soldiers, not seeming to care about being seen and nodding as if part of the conversation.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alaris follows closely behind the soldiers, not seeming to care about being seen and nodding as if part of the conversation.
As in following them into the captain's office?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, sorry. I misread and thought they were having the conversation on the way to the crime scene.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's cool, and I'll take that as a no, then.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67