Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52541 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"At least I'm not copying scripts...surprising amount of people here. Pleasant to see, actually."
Gartens considers what to write for a time, trying to remember the Common script, rather than the Dwarven one used in Haljir.

((I'm not in the mood to actually fill it out yet with the typing and the words and the whatnot. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

"Well, that is interesting... Thanks for the tip, here's one for you." Alaris flips the man an extra gold piece.
"Before I go, what's your name, good sir?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edgrick has a mind to stab the men in the face, but such silly impulsive actions have ill-served him in the past.

"'Master'... eejits."

Find Cade, tell him we meet the men tomorrow night. Then try to find some promiscuous AMC members out drinking, and make friends or find them in compromising situations that mind be useful tomorrow.

Spoiler: diplomacy roll (click to show/hide)
The better brothels in town give you no leads, the fee includes discretion. (And Toady probably would not like it if I discussed the various compromising situations that you might find them in, so you dont find them in any.) However, the bars down the street from them don't have that same policy. You are pointed to a heavy set man sitting at the bar laughing with two attractive women. You briefly interrupt him, with some difficulty as he is rather drunk, and offer him your employer's services.
"A wishard, huh? Well, we have shome conshulting positions open. Bit of shpellcasting here and there. Good pay, flexhible hoursh. We dont need any fulltime wishardsh now. Now, if you'll eshcuse me, I need to cheat on my wife." The women giggle at this.

"At least I'm not copying scripts...surprising amount of people here. Pleasant to see, actually."
Gartens considers what to write for a time, trying to remember the Common script, rather than the Dwarven one used in Haljir.

((I'm not in the mood to actually fill it out yet with the typing and the words and the whatnot. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.))
"Yes, it's been quite an accomplishment. Everyone has put away their disagreements for the sake of the city. It may not be seamless, but it works."
(You don't have to actually fill it out, you can just say you filled it out. All I need are three references.)

"Well, that is interesting... Thanks for the tip, here's one for you." Alaris flips the man an extra gold piece.
"Before I go, what's your name, good sir?"
"Elias. It's nice to meet you. Stay safe and come back, miss!"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Find somewhere decent to sleep, then meet with Cade tomorrow and return to AMC with him to ask for work.

Zako - I reckon it'd be better to do (or for me to do) the minor thieving job after doing something respectable. And you should do the scrying job tomorrow too, after checking put the AMC for respectable ish work.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's go investigate a murder!
Head over to the scene of the crime and assess the situation.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Find somewhere decent to sleep, then meet with Cade tomorrow and return to AMC with him to ask for work.

Zako - I reckon it'd be better to do (or for me to do) the minor thieving job after doing something respectable. And you should do the scrying job tomorrow too, after checking put the AMC for respectable ish work.
You find a reasonable room for 6 sp. As the last few streams of your consciousness slip away, you hear a scream waft up from the street.
In the morning, fear wears heavy in the common room. The word is that someone was brutally murdered just down the street and had their important organs ripped out. The CC has locked down the alley where the dirty deed was done, but that hasn't stopped the rumor mill from finding out.

Let's go investigate a murder!
Head over to the scene of the crime and assess the situation.
The CC seems to have gotten all they needed,  and cleaned up rather efficiently, but left their marks. They left an outline of pebbles of a person on their back or front, it's hard to tell. By the light of your Ever Burning Torch, you notice that the dirt around the outline has been kicked up, as if to mask the blood stains. The wooden wall closest to the outline has a few dents or notches in it like a large knife was buried deeply in it multiple times. The rest of the alley is empty.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Follow?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Follow?
I was assuming that, so now you are in the Church Coalition's Headquarters.
You all enter the church-like building, and step into a large common room filled with people of faith bustling every which way. Sergeant Rockcrusher leads you through the throngs of people of almost every race to a desk in the section of the common room labeled Law Enforcement. It is staffed by a middle-aged Gnome. He looks up as you approach.
"Hello, Sergeant. Have you brought me some new recruits?"
"Aye, Freg. Freg, Celles Gartens, Gregory Guy, and Laura Godkissed. Gartens, Guy, Godkissed, Freg Gitonar."
Freg digs out three papers from a filing cabinet, and pushes an ink pot and quill across the desk. "I need you fill these out with your information. Name, God(ess)([e]s), previous experience, potential references of good character, sizes, preferred armament, and any distinguishing marks. Just the basic stuff for our records.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Gregory fills out his form in silence with the provided writing implement.
Spoiler: Form (click to show/hide)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Must've been a pretty strong person with a long blade to pierce all the way through this guy multiple times...
Examine the notches. Maybe we can learn something from them.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freg takes your completed form and glances over it. "Any references? If not, we're going to have to do a couple of rather invasive procedures instead. Well, I exaggerate. It's really just a short interview with one our Paladins, while you are under the influence of some divination spells. It's easier for us if you just give us some references."

Must've been a pretty strong person with a long blade to pierce all the way through this guy multiple times...
Examine the notches. Maybe we can learn something from them.
Judging from the depth and angle, these were not made by a stab, they look more like an overhand slice. It looks like some have small blood spatters around them, suggesting that they were made after the blade had hit it's target. You count a total of eight notches in the wall, but it's hard to tell in this light how many have the spatters.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Head to the AMC and inquire for a list of jobs that I could do.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Examine the rest of the crime scene more closely, make sure I haven't missed anything.
Search: d20 + 2 = 16

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Freg takes your completed form and glances over it. "Any references? If not, we're going to have to do a couple of rather invasive procedures instead. Well, I exaggerate. It's really just a short interview with one our Paladins, while you are under the influence of some divination spells. It's easier for us if you just give us some references."
'Fraid I don't have anyone left to vouch for me.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Head to the AMC and inquire for a list of jobs that I could do.

Follow along if Cade doesn't mind.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67