Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52419 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.
« Reply #975 on: February 15, 2015, 01:33:09 pm »

The crusader point her spear at the cultist, speaking to her dogs in native tongue. "Fetch!"

The hounds surged forward, attacking the man, mostly at the legs. They weren't trying to kill or maim at the moment, however.

Gartens, meanwhile, stepped forward into the hall, shield taking up most of the space between her and the psion, in an attempt to allow Edgrick a bit of safety as her dogs attacked. A resonant hum filled the space after she crashed the shield against the wall, spear diverting the Psion's attention from Greghir and Kemik as best she could.

Kemik: Move to L7, preferably before Greghir charges, to allow flanking, then Punishing Stance, then bite attack, trip attempt if it hits.
Greghir: Charge(yay still flat-footed probably hopefully maybe probably not) the psion, trip attempt if bite hits as usual.
Gartens: Move to L4, take up Iron Guard's Glare stance, use Protection Devotion.

((Maneuvers Readied: Minotaur's Charge, Leading the Attack, Shield Counter, Mountain Hammer, White Raven Tactics
Maneuvers Granted: Shield Counter, Mountain Hammer, White Raven Tactics))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 16, 2015, 04:01:33 am »

"Yer big glowing bastard!"

Presuming this is still relevant by Edgrick's turn: flank if possible otherwise move to nearest square I can hit the psion and give him some dual-wielded short swords of Psychic Freedom and Psionic Bane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 18, 2015, 12:12:07 am »

The man swings at Kemik with a mace (Attack of Opportunity: ... Failure!), but misses.
Kemik bites at the man (Attack roll: 6+9, Success!), piercing through his glowing light, (Damage: 4+4+6) tearing apart his leg. (Trip: ... vs. 10+6, Success!) He crumples to the floor.
Greghir charges in (Attack Roll: 16+9), going for the arm (Damage Roll: 3+9), shredding it.
He cries out and falls unconscious.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 18, 2015, 04:32:19 am »

”Hmm. Got any rope? Or shall we kill him? Oh wait, I have rope. Shall we tie him? He can still use his mind, right? We should kill him. No, we should arrest him, damn this law stuff.”

Take 20 to tie up the fiend. Also blindfold him and cover his mouth. Try to tie him to something. If he wakes stab the crap out of him.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 18, 2015, 10:26:52 am »

"As long as he stays unconscious we should be fine. See if you can find the Puppeteer on him and kill it, though."

Gartens left the man in Edgrick's care, a short command leaving Greghir where she could help guard the locksmith, and advancedto the eastern door.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 18, 2015, 10:35:20 am »

”Okay… what do they look like? A lump on the brain?”

Search for something like that that I could cut out or off with one of my short swords that are good for this kind of thing. But tie him before I cut him up as this might well wake the chap up.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 23, 2015, 11:14:21 pm »

Celles Gartens and Edgrick Browne:
Quickly tied up and secured, you pull back his hood and begin to search him. About a third of the way through, you hear a large crash coming from further in the building.
Luckily, you don't have to look hard for the Puppeteer. You find a purple worm the size of your arm squirming down the man's back. In disgust, you slice its head off. It gives a little screech, and the east and western doors slam open, revealing some rather angry hooded figures.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Edgrick's turn.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Gregory Guy:
(Grapple Rolls: The DM cries.)
You grab one of them, and begin flying away. The psion struggles futile, while his partner spews a long line of fire up towards you, (Reflex: 20! Critical!) you completely dodge.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 24, 2015, 02:38:49 pm »

Knock him out, smash the parasite, sling him over my shoulder, and go back for another.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:46:32 pm by Remuthra »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 24, 2015, 03:20:52 pm »

"Could one of your dogs back me up? Or do you want to let them come at us? But then they may flee for help..."

Rush at P4 and dual stab him with my 2 x short swords of Psychic Freedom and Psionic Bane whilst remembering about my Circlet of Mental Protection.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 25, 2015, 02:09:50 am »

((Err... sorry, I haven't been on much in the last few days.))

Inspire Courage!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 11, 2015, 09:07:17 pm »

Kemik charge P2 if he can, move to attack if he can't, activating Punishing Stance and Steel Wind to hit them both.

Greghir goes and supports Edgrick if she can(move to K6), Aid Another maybe to give bonus to AC? He's kinda in the way, I dunno...if he took a five foot step back afterwards I could help, for sure.

Gartens still has Iron Guard's Glare, move into position to threaten P2 and P3(move to M7), use White Raven Tactics on Edgrick(aka he gets another turn after mine), Aid Another to give Kemik +2 to hit (before Kemik goes, of course)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 12, 2015, 04:04:57 am »

Gregory Guy:
You knock him out. (I'm not going to waste my time and roll it.)
As you swoop down, the psion fires off another blast towards you, this time vibrating through your entire being, with no visual result, but the sound is almost defeaning. (Reflex save: 2+5, Failure!) (Damage: 22!)
In the few seconds left to him, they shout out, and the door to the west opened, and the psion fled through it, before slamming shut once more.
Map 2.

Celles Gartens and Edgrick Browne:
(Attack rolls: 1+7, 14+5+2-2, Miss, Hit.) Edgrick fumbles his Freedom sword swing, while (Damage rolls: 1d6-1+2d6+2+3d6: 5-1+2+2+2+1+6+4) the Bane Sword seems to fly towards the psion, cleanly knocking them out with the flat of the blade.
Since Edgrick is fine, Greghir moves to help Kemik's attack by distracting the psion (Aid another: Bonus to attack is a success.)
Gartens gives a shout to Edgrick to attack again and to Kemik to attack
Kemik charges the Psion in the door, (AR: 2+9+2+2+2, Success!), and despite the glow slowing the dog like molasses, the hound's paw piers through, (Damage: 5+6+5) knocking the psion to the ground in a heap.
The beast then turns on the other psion, (AR: 16+9, Success!) and (Damage: 4+6+1) takes a serious bite out of their leg.

It is Edgrick's turn.
Map 3.

Joes Arlandt, Alaris Valentis and Laura Godkissed:
Alaris begins to sing a rousing and hilarious epic of an accidental necromancer, who was granted his powers after he released a Djinn from its confinement in an iron flask. He in truth had asked to become 'The best neck romancer in the land', but the Djinn misunderstood.
Matthew levels a finger at the leftward Bugbear, and casts Command Undead. The spell seems to fizzle out when it connects with the zombie's head.

It is Joes Arlandt's turn.
Map 1.

Maps.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #987 on: March 12, 2015, 01:36:48 pm »

I manifest Psionic Grease with an Amethyst Burst linked to it. The zombies get hit by the grease this round, and next round they'll take 2d6 damage, with a DC 16 reflex ave for half damage. The targeted area is the zombies and the two squares in front of them for the grease, and a 20ft radius centered a couple squares behind the zombies and ending right in front of them for the Amethyst Burst. This fills one of my Uniqe slots with [Psi Grease + Amethyst Burst], meaning I have to cast them together or fill another slot. It also requires that I expend my psionic focus.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:33:21 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 12, 2015, 03:43:54 pm »

Move fifteen feet northeast. Ready an action to grapple anyone who comes through either door. Wait thusly until my HP recovers.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 16, 2015, 08:46:05 am »

((sorry!))

((I don't think I can reach the other ones through the doorway, right? Can someone who is unconscious recover during a fight?))

Bind the KO'd psion with the rope I'm sure I still have, examine him for wormthings, and cut the worm thing off him. If he starts to move double stab him again.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67