Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52395 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #945 on: October 08, 2014, 11:54:04 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"Our network reaches far, but we have only heard so much. We can give you the name of a group. The Palkon family. They've been criminally active recently, and some of their agents style themselves with supernatural features."

Alaris Valentis:
(Bluff: 9+10 vs. ... They rolled a 2.)
They glare at you for a second, then tell you to wait while they converse quietly a few feet away.
"Right, you give us your superior's name, and we'll let you take a look for fifteen minutes, then we want you gone. Got it?"

Laura Godkissed:
You do so.
((Would you like a bit of action while the rest of the group wraps up?))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 09, 2014, 12:22:44 am »

"Uh, no, I guess he's not. Well, as I said, I'm free and ready when you need me
..."

Go to my room and rest. Await summons for work!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 09, 2014, 01:17:22 am »

(I got my plate pretty full for the next couple days. If it still looks like there will be time for action Sunday or Monday, you can lay it on me.)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #949 on: October 09, 2014, 01:28:17 pm »

"Ah! Excellent. I'll look into them once I've secured the eggs."

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 09, 2014, 03:09:49 pm »

"That won't be necessary, I know well enough what you're capable of. The question here is more of work ethic, let's say."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 09, 2014, 07:59:27 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"Good luck." And with that, the connection breaks, and you are in your room once more. The crystal looks dull.
You pull out a piece of paper, and scribble down the map of the route.
You pick out a few ambush locations at random.
The first is where the path passes through a small copse of trees, under a cliff.
The second is where the path passes by a gully with a natural spring. It's a favorite overnight spot for traders, but its close enough to the city that most traders just try and sleep in real beds. However, the notes in your mind indicate that they will be stopping there the night they leave.
The third is where the path passes through an area of the desert with strange, massive sinkholes.

Gregory Guy:
"Well, its either working for you till you declare the infestation cleared, or facing the headsman. I think it should go without saying that I have a VERY good work ethic. And not to brag, but I did all nighters at my last job, most nights."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 12, 2014, 12:55:18 pm »

"Oh, I already got what I came for. How is Redmountain paying you, again? Never mind..."
Alaris scribbles down the name of her actual superior this time, counting on the fact that he'll probably be too busy to deal with them.
"Here you are. Business hours are dawn to dusk, six days a week. Now, if you don't mind..." She gestures towards the exit of the alley.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #953 on: October 12, 2014, 01:35:24 pm »

Pen another encoded message to the council, including all relevant details.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 12, 2014, 02:44:49 pm »

"Well, thankfully, I have trouble imagining you'll try that little stunt with the reagents again. We'll call you when you're needed. Any special requests?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 12, 2014, 05:59:41 pm »

"Uh, no, I guess he's not. Well, as I said, I'm free and ready when you need me
..."

Go to my room and rest. Await summons for work!

Gartens takes the mace to headquarters and files a report(all this gods-damned paperwork), turning it into the evidence teams, before calling it a night and getting Kemik some medical attention. Poor thing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2. Chapter 3 is coming up soon.
« Reply #956 on: October 14, 2014, 02:21:53 am »

((Once people start to get back to their rooms, I'll be holding them there until everyone else is too so we can level up.))

Edgrick Browne
You begin to kill time in your room.

Alaris Valentis:
They take the card and give you a grunt, and return to their duties, letting you go on your way.

Joes Arlandt:
That's another report sent.

Gregory Guy:
"Yes. Transfer me to the Headquarters and get me out of this place."

Celles Gartens:
After getting a cleric to look over Kemik, you spend two ink-stained hours filling out the necessary paperwork. Next is a quick sparring session before you collapse into your bunk, exhausted physically and mentally.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.
« Reply #957 on: January 01, 2015, 02:53:30 am »

Gregory Guy, Celles Gartens and Edgric Browne:
It’s been about a week and a half since that fight in the bar. Luckily, there’s been no sign of Cade or the other assailants, which is good, since you’ve been getting the task force in working order. You have added a handful of heads to the force, Kyle, the tinker you met earlier, and Davis, Megan and Nicole, a few patrol officers who handled cleanup on some of the Puppeteer sites. They know what you’re up against, and eager to bring down the worms after the terror of the Organ Thief. Elias waits in the Pen, his trial delayed indefinitely until his usefulness is worn out.
His lawyer passed on a letter from the alchemist, detailing a possible safehouse for the puppeteers. While the main squad did drills, Edgric quickly cased the place, and found that it was frequented by at least ten different individuals of a wide array of races, who all seemed to have similar tastes in hoods and cloaks. You’ve checked with your higher ups and they’ve given you the go ahead to investigate further; if it’s not Puppeteers, they figure it might be a cult.
Since they turned down Guy’s suggestion to break through the roof and beat up everyone inside, the group is staking out the unassuming house.
Browne is lurking in the cool shade on the roof of the alley overlooking the alley behind the house. He was on the morning shift, and sent word back to HQ that there was some sort of meeting today, since most of the regulars arrived. Gartens is on the street in civies, idly browsing the small street market, Kemik at her heel. Greghir and her equipment are waiting in a nearby alley with the lackeys, as you figure that this is your chance to move on the safehouse. Guy is waiting in the wings, or, rather, in the sky.
The three of you borrowed some of the Coalition’s tactical gear; each wears an Earring of Message (which allows the wearer to cast Message as a first level caster, with a high enough UMD check, of course). However, Guy is out of range, as to avoid detection, so the three of you also carry Wands of Dancing Lights to signal him.
From your stakeouts, you figure that there’s about eight heads inside.

It is currently a few hours after noon.
   (Spot rolls… Opposed rolls...)
Guy notices a black dot approaching the house.
Gartens sees a dark cloaked figure making a b-line to the house, but stares a bit too openly, causing the figure to look in her direction. She can’t make out anything underneath its billowing hood, but the way the shadows play under its hood is all wrong. It hurries on its way, nearing the door. It should go without saying that the cloak and hood is out of place for this warm, sunny weather.
Browne, from his vantage, sees a middle-aged elf, dressed in the same robes as the other regulars, running down the alley below him, towards the safehouse. He’s certain that the elf does not see him.

Alaris Valentis:
   You’ve spent the last week and a half running some odd jobs and dishing out the occasional vigilante justice against petty criminals by day and performing in the Stained Brick at night.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some nights, especially the bad ones, you break for a quick breath of air, where Laura Godkissed, the cleric you met on your way to Kalgena, cornered you to offer you a position on an expedition into a pocket dimension filled with undead. The promise of loot, little danger, and adventure persuaded you to make some time in your schedule.

Laura Godkissed:
   The last week and a half has been rather quiet. In your off time, you’ve been planning for your expedition with Matthew. He has been trying to map the pocket dimension, while you’ve been out recruiting a few adventurers for the expedition, at his suggestion. Kalgena isn’t home to many freelancers looking for work, most of whom asked for too much pay or were obviously unskilled, but you settled on two candidates, the half-elf bard you traveled to Kalgena with, Alaris Valentis, and a rather ordinary looking man who possesses quite powerful magical ability, or so he claimed. You have a feeling that he’s not being completely honest, but the demonstration he provided has convinced you of magical skill. Never the less, you feel confident with the preparations you’ve made.

Joes Arlandt:
   You’ve had some strange encounters in the two weeks you’ve been in Kalgena. Puppeteers, gangs, secret corporate activities, mysterious figures of possible demonic origin… it’s a bit confusing, at least morally. The letters you penned have been responded to, and the council has essentially told you to back off and not get involved. They want you onsite in case something big happens, but with that line of occupation blocked off, you have decided to put out some feelers for freelance adventuring. A rather curious woman dressed in brightly colored rags offered you a job to re-kill some undead. She seemed a little skeptical when you claimed to be a wizard, but you pulled through with an impressive display of your “magic”.

Joes Arlandt, Alaris Valentis and Laura Godkissed:

Your preparations complete, you stand in a half circle around a rather plain looking doorknob, while an excited sorcerer who introduced himself as Matthew explains what is inside this door knob.
   “Well, it’s not quite ‘inside’ the knob, the knob is a key, essentially. The door is the universe. You can use the key anywhere to open the door. ANYWAY, I’ve been able to map out most of the dungeon that isn’t blocked by seals.” At this, he coughs quickly, hiding a smile, before returning to his fast paced monologue. “ The entrance is guarded by two Bugbear Zombies. In general, the halls are relatively free from undead, because they travel in packs. I believe there are three main ones, each made of assorted zombies and skeletons, all following a more powerful undead. If we can avoid them, we should be fine. I’m only looking to do two things today: open up the ‘sealed’ areas,” he suppresses another chuckle, “and stop the source of these undead. Any questions?”

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 01, 2015, 03:37:32 am »

"Yeah. Why do you care about the undead if they're over there and not here? In fact, where is 'there,' exactly? Usually, I like to know where I'm going before I go there."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 01, 2015, 04:07:45 am »

He awkwardly gestures to the mess he calls a home. Arcane instruments, potions, tomes, random spell materials and other things that I will not describe, but let me tell you, they are confusing, are strewn every which way.
"As you can see, I need more space. Real estate is expensive in the city, at least the civilized parts. This pocket dimension is theoretically infinite. It should work nicely as storage."
He picks up the door knob and holds it against a wall. "'There' is...." he says, turning the knob, in response to which a shimmering white portal appears on the wall, "here! A world inside our own! A world inside of a door knob, simply."
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67