Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52471 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread.
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2014, 12:39:26 am »

He is still alive, but death approaches soon. He coughs up a glob of blood and spittle as Laura approaches. A quick check determines that blood is building up in his lungs. With some chest compression, she is able to get a good deal out, but he is not stabilized yet.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2014, 01:43:44 am »

Laura continues working on the greeter, as initiative allows, until he dies, stabilizes, or serious injury to herself or a teamate demands her attention be placed elsewhere.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2014, 04:46:39 am »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2014, 04:04:52 pm »

Can I search the bandit camp then?

Search the bandit camp.

1d20+9=22

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2014, 04:19:54 pm »

Combat is now over. (We'll assume that Bandit C has been mauled by the dogs by AoOs.)

Laura continues working on the greeter, as initiative allows, until he dies, stabilizes, or serious injury to herself or a teamate demands her attention be placed elsewhere.
She tries her best, only succeeding as he hung on the edge of death.

Can I search the bandit camp then?

Search the bandit camp.

1d20+9=22
In the bandit camp, there is a small, clay constuct wandering around, preforming housekeeping tasks. It ignores you. There are a few barrels, some filled with food, others with water. There are a few sacks lying around, filled with gold pieces. They come to 231 gp. Other than general gear, that is all you find.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2014, 05:16:41 pm »

Laura looks at the downed greeter.

"Well... He isn't going to last too long like that. Pity. I have a soft spot for sorcerers. They always have to play dangerous games like 'thug' or 'highwayman' because people want to pay real wizards to play the important parts..."

She pauses, lost in her thoughts for a bit, before speaking again. "Isn't it just wretched that you can make yourself sad even in self defense?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2014, 10:17:43 pm »

Gartens whistled to her dogs, calling them back from the body of the man they'd run down before leaning down and hauling the sleeping man up. Pulling out her rope from the dog's packs, she began trussing him up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2014, 03:12:58 pm »

"Not even in town yet and someone already tried to rob us. That's encouraging..."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2014, 05:22:20 pm »

After splitting the loot six ways, 38.5 gp per person, you set out again. The small clay construct seems to have bonded to the closest thing to it's old master, Cade, and trundles along behind you.

You finally reach the outskirts of the city proper as the sun is low in the sky, outlining the mountain in orange and pink. It's rather quiet for the last mile to the city gate; most of the city's business appears to be conducted at the mountain. There are a few farmers returning home with their carts empty of produce.

A wall surrounds the city in the loosest of senses: there are large swatches of land where the city has spilled out in between the unfinished wall. The road you've been following leads to a gate staffed by some well equipped soldiers. As you approach, it becomes obvious that their armour is embossed with their gods' symbols.

Once you are within spitting distance of the walls, they spot you. A woman with a bored expression starts rambling questions off a list "Anything to declare? Have any of you felt ill in the last week? What's your business here? Duration of stay?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:10 pm »

Gartens responds as quickly as the woman asks; "Yes, rather a lot in fact, you may want to write it down. No, I have not felt ill besides being nearly ensorceled by a bandit mage. I am here to assist in the representation of my goddess Melisi, in the Church Coalition, as well as provide security for mining operations. I have no current planned departure date." She begins pulling out her various weapons and laying them down on her tower shield, which she had laid flat on the ground to serve as a surface for just this. Her dogs sit quietly to either side, and her gaze never leaves the guards. The bandits they'd captured are tied at their arms and hands, and the sorceror has a gag in his mouth, and slightly thinner rope wrapped between his fingers to keep them mostly immobile. The rope tying the bandits was connected, and tied to Greghir and Kemik, at either end. Gartens did not plan to let them escape.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:43:45 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2014, 11:00:50 pm »

Cade walks forward a bit from his new golem servant and spreads his arms.

"I'm a wizard with all the things that are needed for such a profession, including a brand new serving construct. No, I've been perfectly fine. I'm here looking for work. I don't plan on leaving any time in the foreseeable future.

How's things been going on lately? Anything interesting happen as of late?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2014, 11:10:27 pm »

"I'm here looking for work, and I'll stay here as long as I please. I have nothing to declare save the clothes on my back."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2014, 02:08:15 am »

"I'm a travelling bard. My companians and I are looking for work, and will be staying indefinitely. Oh, and other than a slight cough I had a few days ago, I'm perfectly fine."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2014, 03:46:17 am »

Gartens responds as quickly as the woman asks; "Yes, rather a lot in fact, you may want to write it down. No, I have not felt ill besides being nearly ensorceled by a bandit mage. I am here to assist in the representation of my goddess Melisi, in the Church Coalition, as well as provide security for mining operations. I have no current planned departure date." She begins pulling out her various weapons and laying them down on her tower shield, which she had laid flat on the ground to serve as a surface for just this. Her dogs sit quietly to either side, and her gaze never leaves the guards. The bandits they'd captured are tied at their arms and hands, and the sorceror has a gag in his mouth, and slightly thinner rope wrapped between his fingers to keep them mostly immobile. The rope tying the bandits was connected, and tied to Greghir and Kemik, at either end. Gartens did not plan to let them escape.
"It's always good to have new blood." She turns to a nearby open door and shouts in. "Richard! We got a new recruit! Get out here!" She bends down to inspect the pile of weaponry, and murmurs some words under her breath, waving her hand over it. "Well, you're good. Those the bandits that accosted you?" She asks, gesturing at the prisoners.

Cade walks forward a bit from his new golem servant and spreads his arms.

"I'm a wizard with all the things that are needed for such a profession, including a brand new serving construct. No, I've been perfectly fine. I'm here looking for work. I don't plan on leaving any time in the foreseeable future.

How's things been going on lately? Anything interesting happen as of late?"

"Not many here can afford wizards. Try the AMC offices in the morning; they might have an opening. Nothing particularly interesting has happened within the last month, a few orcs have been seen on the outskirts. We recommend that everyone stays on guard in case they get cocky. Things have been going as well as you can expect in a city built off of greed, with no city planning, central government, barely any law enforcement, and more criminals than a prison. Terribly. Keep in mind that if you get a job with the AMC and want to assist our efforts, you could keep us... informed about their more... destabilizing plans."

"I'm here looking for work, and I'll stay here as long as I please. I have nothing to declare save the clothes on my back."
"I see. And what do you do, exactly?"

"I'm a travelling bard. My companians and I are looking for work, and will be staying indefinitely. Oh, and other than a slight cough I had a few days ago, I'm perfectly fine."
"Well, if you experience any more symptoms, then find a cleric, for the sake of your fellow man. Lets not allow the shadow of pestilence to fall on this city."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2014, 05:14:35 am »

"Well, if you experience any more symptoms, then find a cleric, for the sake of your fellow man. Lets not allow the shadow of pestilence to fall on this city."
Tell me, do you get problems with sickness often? It seems like a fairly specific question to ask at the gate.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67