Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52400 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #720 on: June 28, 2014, 12:01:54 am »

Hmm. What would I have to do to speak with Linda Gorda?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 28, 2014, 01:20:48 am »

Laura looks the elf in the eye, and speaks as clearly as she can. Now wasn't the time for putzing about and trying to stabilize the boy the slow way. "Sir... there is a chance... a tiny chance, that we can postpone his trip to Paradise. I'm going to count to three. When I do, you pull the dagger out, and I weave the strongest healing I can cast. As soon as I'm finished, take the kid and run to the Church Coalition, or anywhere else you can find a healer. The blade is poisoned, and I have no magic ready to deal with that today. Nod if if you understand me."

Assuming the Elf Nods in Understanding, Count to 3, and burn my other use of Hold Person to cast Cure Moderate on the boy as soon as his father removes the blade.

Cure Moderate Roll: 2d8+4=13

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 28, 2014, 11:57:37 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
According to the librarians, who profess a lack of knowledge on the subject, the commissioner holds a community meeting once a week, in the back of the CC's headquarters (the building you are in), where she addresses the public and responds to questions. The next one is in three days.
She does not take private meetings with the general public. However, many captains do, along with department heads.

Laura Godkissed:
With a spray of blood, he wrenches the knife free. You cast your spell, and you can see the brain begin to knit together before the skin seals. In a flurry of motion, he's off, holding his son in a fireman's carry.
With the child on his way to safety, you sit down for a moment, and breathe deeply.

You smell someone rolling for initiative a big cat, ready to pounce.

Celles Gartens and Gregory Guy:
After your talk with Kyle, you make your way to your traveling companions' watering hole, the Stained Brick. You spot them huddled in deliberation, and when they see you, they wave you over, making room for you to sit.

Edgrick Browne, Alaris Valentis and Cade Thorngage:
In the morning, you begin discussing your options, but you don't get any where. However, you do see Gartens and Guy come in, so you wave them over and make room at the table.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 29, 2014, 12:25:38 am »

The crusader smiles half-heartedly at them as she sits opposite, scooting to one side to try and allow Guy to sit as well. As she does, Greghir walks over to Cade and lays her head in his lap, settling down by the halfling as her brother lays down by Celles, one ear perked towards the door. She was wearing her Church Coalition uniform, complete with full plate, though her helmet was missing.

"Good morning, gentlemen, Alaris. May I ask what you've been discussing, as a friend?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 29, 2014, 12:31:16 am »

((What's the height of the roof? At nearly 16 feet, I need to know if I can stoop in there.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 29, 2014, 12:35:43 am »

((What's the height of the roof? At nearly 16 feet, I need to know if I can stoop in there.))
The roof is about ten feet, so, like in most buildings, you wear a perpetual stoop. However, in the Church Coalition's Headquarters, the ceilings seem to always be the perfect height.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 29, 2014, 12:38:28 am »

((Alright, thanks.))

Gregory enters the building behind Gartens, stooping, and sits on the floor next to the table.

"So, you're the ones who beat more of those Puppeteers?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 29, 2014, 02:11:59 am »

(Alright. A few questions. How much time has passed? How far away have the elves gotten? How much of the crowd is still around? Is the Sorcerer still here? How 'bout Hixi? And what of the Assassin, did somebody else take care of him, or is he still on the ground?)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 29, 2014, 04:21:51 pm »

About thirty seconds have gone by, the elves are a hundred feet out, a few shell-shocked bystanders are standing around, including Hix'ix'ix and the sorcerer, and the assassin is glaring at you from the floor.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 29, 2014, 05:59:04 pm »

That smell of stalking... Laura wasn't going to mistake it for a Pickpocket twice... well not twice in a two minute span anyway. Now was the time to speak, both to perhaps avoid a fight, and warn the others of it.

Laura turns to the source of the smell with a smile on her face and her mace at the ready. "Trying to make corpses in a crowd usually only works when nobody in the crowd is expecting to play life and death with you. I'd leave now unless you want to join the broken leg club with Mr. Child Slayer here."

1d20+3=15 Intimidate (to scare off or demoralize)
1d20+3=13 Spot Check (If needed)
1d20-6=0 Initiative Roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 29, 2014, 11:57:06 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
The crowd disperses almost instantly, and Hix'ix'ix backs away. There's no one lef-
thunk
As pain erupts in the small of your back, you hear the assassin spit out a single sentence.
"You can't save yourself, cleric."
You wrench another dagger from your back, remembering how he had another up his other sleeve. Your eyes grow heavy as sleep washes over you, but you manage to stay awake long enough to see him pull a third dagger from his boot, and cut his own neck.

With that, sleep claims you.
((Hold Person wore off, he threw a dagger at you, it did 17 damage, and a poison on it knocked you out. Then he Coup de grāced himself.))

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #731 on: June 30, 2014, 12:02:36 am »

Hmm. I guess there's nothing left to do here at the library. Go for a walk, I guess?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 30, 2014, 12:03:30 am »

Wait and See where and if I wake up

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 04, 2014, 11:46:32 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
Night is falling on Kalgena, and as the edge of the sun dips below the horizon, hundreds of people pour out of this homes, wearing dark cloaks with brilliant flashes of orange and red around the edges, carrying candles. They all stream in the direction of the Church Coalition's Headquarters, but you push against the tide, and soon find yourself in a small crowd, watching a sorcerer/street performer. You notice Hix'ix'ix in the crowd with a human woman, enjoying the show.
Suddenly, screams erupt from the front of the crowd, and for the second time in an hour, you resist the surge. When most of the crowd has dissipated, the tableau is revealed. The human woman is speaking quietly to an Elven man, cradling a child in his arms. A man in dark clothes lies on the floor with a grimace on his face, and his legs at weird angles. A mace and a knife lie nearby.
Before you can act, the woman shouts "Cure Light Wounds!" and the Elf takes the child and runs past you. The woman glares at the remains of the crowd, and thefts her mace.
"Trying to make corpses in a crowd usually only works when nobody in the crowd is expecting to play life and death with you. I'd leave now unless you want to join the broken leg club with Mr. Child Slayer here."
You back off a little. The man on the ground pulls a knife from his wrist, and throws it into the back of the woman, before pulling another from his boot and slicing his throat. The woman, on the other hand, falls over.

Laura Godkissed:
((Do you mind if I let Angle do his thing, and then run you forward?))

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #734 on: July 04, 2014, 11:58:33 pm »

Cast Vigor on myself for four PP, granting me an extra 20 temp HP, then run to the woman and cast share pain on her targeting myself, to take half the damage that she takes. Then check the crowd for hostiles and her for poison.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 67