Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52526 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. There ain't no OSHA in this town...
« Reply #510 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:58 pm »

"I am healthy, and even if I should fall ill, my arts sustain me. I'm here to look into resource acquisition. My guild is interested in a number of rare magically active minerals that are reported to have been found in your mountain. I know not how long it will take."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:06:41 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 07, 2014, 11:17:44 pm »

Cade accepts the gifts offered by his comrade. He then inquires as to what scrolls will be provided for his reward and tries to get scrolls that aren't already in his spellbook. He then heads off to where he's staying and tries to estimate how much time it will take to write one of his scrolls into his book for him to use.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:39:12 pm by Zako »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 08, 2014, 12:03:02 am »

Joes Arlandt:
"Ay, that'd be the mithral, or maybe some o' the gems they've dug out. Yer best bet be ta go ta the AMC and pick up some samples. Ye may be out by tomorrow. They're offices be on the other side of Kalgena. Head down Main Street and take it south when it forks. Best of luck to ye."
With that, the dwarf heads back inside to take shelter from the wind.

Cade Thorngage:
Before the pair leaves, Redmountain hands Cade five scrollcases with the names Bull strength, Touch of Idiocy, Detect Undead, Charm Person and Unseen Servant on them. It should take him about ten days to record them all, and about 700 gold, unless he can negotiate a lower price on his ink.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 08, 2014, 02:57:38 am »

Edgrick decides to wait for his wizard colleague to show up, rather than go straight to bed, and if he does he’ll lead him to the night time contact for the scrying job. If for any reason this doesn’t work out then he’ll go, on his own if necessary, to make further inquiries about the surely entirely legal document recovery mission, and also return to the Enforcers’ Guild.

The breaking and entering sounded more like his kind of work, as he had never really considered himself a thuggish type, and he liked to be more in control than merely being an agent for a scryer, but he had to consider what might be lucrative enough to keep him comfortable. But then he also had to consider who he was going to end up pleasing or displeasing… He felt he didn’t know enough about this place.

Whilst waiting for Thorngage, he decides to use his time sensibly and have a few beers downstairs, asking subtly about the Enforcers’ Guild.

Gather Information! Who are the Enforcers’ Guild and how much power do they wield here in Kalgena?

Gather Information check: +10 (will also spend up to 25 gold on beer for “friends”)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #514 on: May 08, 2014, 11:21:57 am »

"Thank you my good sir." What time is it? If it's early in the day, I head down to the mining offices to inquire as to what they've dug out of the mountain, and to negotiate a deal with them on behalf of my "guild". (In reality, the Elan.) If it's late, I head off to the inn to get a room for the night.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:24:51 am by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 08, 2014, 03:11:08 pm »

Edgrick Browne:
(GI: 15) The men in the tavern tell you that the Enforcer's Guild was, until a few weeks ago, a small group of thick headed thugs, only out to make money and beat people up. Then, something changed. Putting together the stories, you learn that a crime family moved into town and took over the guild. One miner with singed hair and smoke stains on his face says they commune with demons. You scoff at him and turn away, only to be confronted by another one claiming that the Gut Bandit was in their employ.
The leadership seems to be taking an interest in local politics; they are reportedly responsible for moving two gangs to outright war.

Joes Arlandt:
It is after noon, but only by an hour or so.
You head around the mountain to the office buildings of the AMC. Choosing one at random, you enter the offices of Redmountain and CO. When you speak to the first person to pay attention to you, you are quickly ushered into the C.E.O.'s office, where an excited dwarf greets you, introducing himself as Redmountain. He leads you through the mining operation to a storehouse with heavy-duty locks, both magical and mundane. Once inside, he shows you pallet after pallet of mythril ore and gemstones, some of which you recognize as Deep-Crystal, a psionically active material. It's very rare, but there must be a literal ton in this warehouse alone! You hide your excitement well.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 08, 2014, 04:47:08 pm »

Eh, cast sleep. What I actually had in mind would have been much harder to pull off.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #517 on: May 08, 2014, 05:05:08 pm »

I ask to take a closer examination of the minerals, and then do so, using Psicraft, SpellCraft, all of my knowledges, and Detect Psionics/Magic to check for curses or other dangerous qualities, and to use Appraise to see about how valuable they are. If he's curious, tell him I'm checking to determine how Magically Reactive they are, and then use Knowledge(Arcane) to spin out lots of accurate but boring technobabble.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 08, 2014, 07:29:29 pm »

Alaris Valentis:
Search: 11
He falls down, asleep. The smoke quickly dissipates as you move to check on the woman. It seems that he was able to give her a half dose of whatever it was.
As you search him, you don't come up with much; his dagger, about 3 gold in silver and copper pieces, a few more unlabeled vials and a scrap of paper with this house's address on it. The paper is of high quality, and the penmanship is poor, but the ink is nice. Part of your search uncovers the fact that his teeth and tongue are jet black. Weird.

Joes Arlandt:
Psicraft: 16
Spellcraft: 20
Knowledge (Arcana): 27
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 19
Knowledge (Psionics): 25
Appraise normal crystal: 9
Appraise deep crystal: 18

Redmountain stands back to let you work.
The gemstones are of regular crystal, but a few hum just right as you manifest Detect Psionics, suggesting that they are Deep Crystal, a psionically resonant material. You figure that the normal crystal is about 350 gold per unit, which is enough for a weapon or a psionic item, and the Deep Crystal is worth 1000 gold per unit.
"So, what guild did you say you represent, again, Mr. Arlandt?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 08, 2014, 07:36:39 pm »

"What're you doing here then, northlander?"

Gartens tapped her thigh twice with an armored fingering, calling Greghir back from where she'd been loving on the behemoth of a man, before speaking. "Captain sent me and the pups to find you. Seems the Commisioner wants us. You have any idea what this is about?" As the dog settled down next to her, she eyed the rather less than savory individuals around them, several of whom were trying to figure out how to stare at her weapons, her dogs, and her face at the same time. "Perhaps we should discuss this more privately, however."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #520 on: May 08, 2014, 07:39:06 pm »

"Gah, again? Well, I suppose I can return to this a bit later. You know anything about a Dilly gang?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #521 on: May 08, 2014, 07:39:18 pm »

Give him the name of the front guild that deals in magic items. Then sidetrack him by discussing how much he can have delivered, how it'll be transported, and how much it'll cost. "I work for Activated Industries, located down in Tomann. We are very interested in your minerals. How much might you be able to sell, and how might we arrange for it to be transported?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 08, 2014, 07:54:17 pm »

"Afraid not, sorry. Haven't been doing much investigative work lately. Paperwork is a bitch."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 08, 2014, 09:19:18 pm »

Take the money. Leave everything else. Before I forget again, find some glassware that wasn't on the kidnapper and put it in a small sack, then crush it under my boot. Get out and tell the nearest Coalition officer that I got a tip someone was breaking into this place.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 09, 2014, 03:55:37 am »

Cade heads to the tavern where he has been staying with his college Edgrick and walks in, looking somewhat pleased with himself. He sees his partner sitting at the bar talking to a few strangers and politely waits until he's finished talking before approaching.

"Well, I can see that you have been busy. Is there anything that needs to be done soon? I have some new spells I'd like to write down in my book that could help us in the future, but I need both time and money, around 2 days for each spell and a sizeable amount of gold for the ink. It's an investment in our future success and capabilities, but I believe it's worth it."
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67