Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52552 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. There ain't no OSHA in this town...
« Reply #480 on: May 03, 2014, 04:15:58 pm »

Gartens went to her post-house, stripping off her armor as soon as she was in the room given her. The dogs watched, Kemik whining only very slightly every few minutes to remind his mistress of the injuries he'd sustained. She hoped there was water left for a bath...she needed a sparring session to help Kemik, and a good soak afterwards. But, then there was the paperwork...Celles sighed, standing up and clicking her tongue to get her dog's attention. Then she headed to the training rooms. Ah well, maybe she could request some better armor for the pups, keep 'em from getting cut up again. It'd be nice not to have to worry about them getting hurt. For now, though...a good fight with staves to help her get to know her colleagues better, perhaps. It was strange; she hadn't seen the big Guy or Alaris around, though Kalgena wasn't all that large. Or small, to think about it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 04, 2014, 03:21:14 am »

Gregory Guy:
After two nights and a day of stewing in the holding cells, Trewal sends an officer to bail you out and chastise you, a job which he does with efficiency and relish. Trewal calls you into his office, gestures for you to sit and ignores you for a minute, staring out the window.
“You know, I had hoped that you had a greater respect for authority, or at the very least, more sense in your head. I see I was mistaken on both counts.
“Now, I have a big problem. If I let him go from the Coalition’s forces, he’s likely to go on a vigilante crusade. I can’t put him behind a desk. I can’t put him back on his case, because he’ll go too far. I can’t not put him back on his case, because he’s the only one who knows what’s going on. See my dilemma? So, tell me, Constable, what would you do with the problem?”
When you open your mouth to reply, you feel emboldened, and full of pride. Who is this guy to tell you what to do? You took down a serial killer practically singlehandedly! You survived a devastating mental attack! You’re a total badass!
You have entered a manic episode, with an intensity of 3, and a penalty to all mental scores.

Spoiler: Mania (click to show/hide)
Celles Gartens:
Seeing Kemik limping behind you, a cleric runs over and begins to attend you and your hounds. When she's done, she rebukes you, "You know, it's no trouble for us to heal you. Just ask. There's no point in suffering quietly."
You still have a fulfilling training session, sparring against an adept looking to improve his combat skills. You give him some pointers, which he was in desperate need of.
As you prepare for a bath, you remember that you have a patrol later today, so it's probably best to save your water rations until after.
The patrol goes without a hitch, except for the fact that Gregory didn't show for patrol, and you have to patrol the streets by your lonesome. You take in a few unruly drunks and engage in a pitifully short fight with a mugger. Nothing much else of interest happens.
Alaris stops by the next day to ask about some shady deal she saw go down. The day after, Gregory comes in the the wake of Sergeant who marks him straight to the Captain's office.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 04, 2014, 08:03:23 am »

"With all due respect officer, I do what's right, whether or not the Coalition orders me to, and I won't sit back when I could be saving lives."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 04, 2014, 10:42:27 am »

Looks like the coalition doesn't have much in the way of info. I'd rather not get caught up in red tape, so I think I'll be doing some info gathering my way.

Go to the house again. Find out if anyone is home, and look for easily accessed windows/doors to get in through. Also sketch a rough map of whatever I can see in terms of layout.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 04, 2014, 02:20:41 pm »

Cade Thorngage and Edgrick Browne:
Redmountain sees your reluctance, and pulls the gear back across the desk. "Well, in that case, I can provide you with a high quality mirror and a number of scrolls, Thorngage, and a Flaming Shortbow, along with some Sleep Arrows, Browne."

Gregory Guy:
"You know that you need us. You won't be able to find the rest of the Puppeteers if you don't have our help, and you won't have our help if you don't play by our rules. It's that simple, Gregory. You need to decide if you can play by those rules."

Alaris Valentis:
((By the way, this is happening the next morning, not at night.))
In the front yard, there is a rather large tree, which you climb and hide in (19). The house is shaped like a square doughnut, with a lushly landscaped courtyard in the center. From your vantage point, you can see a woman who is heavy with child lounge in the shade of a massive fern, trying to escape the heat. A young maid putters around, cleaning the house and caring for the woman. After about 20 minutes of waiting, the woman falls asleep and the maid sneaks out to met a young man. You climb down onto the roof, and quietly jump down from the roof. The doors leading out of the courtyard are french glass, and lead into a dining room, a study, a bedroom and a lounge.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 04, 2014, 02:24:19 pm »

"That depends on what those rules are."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 04, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »

"Well, the first one is Protect Innocents, the second one is Prosecute The Guilty and the third one is Follow Your Superior's Orders. You have to follow all three. If you go around harassing everyone on the street, you'll be breaking the first and third."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 04, 2014, 03:37:15 pm »

The study seems like my best bet. Search it, but don't take anything. Scribble down some notes in my journal instead.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 04, 2014, 03:46:31 pm »

"That's very generous, Mr Redmountain, thank you. I'll come back and let you know where I am staying, once I've found somewhere that suits, in case you  need anything done. I'll try to be more discreet with our allies next time, rest assured..."

Find a lodging. Try to remember what the other offers of work were. Should probably try to meet the other players, or some of them, somehow...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 04, 2014, 04:22:58 pm »

Celles raises an eyebrow as Gregory is marched into the captain's office. She wondered what he'd done...

Ah well. The big guy could take care of himself, she was pretty sure of that. Gartens, meanwhile, needed to do some paperwork. First, a report on the events at the mine...The crusader sighed, went to her dorm, and settled down at the desk. This was gonna take a while.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 04, 2014, 06:55:27 pm »

((Rolepgeek, what paperwork are you doing again? Cause I'm going to start making forms.))

Alaris Valentis:
The study is a nicely lit room with polished wooden floors and paintings of family adorn the walls. According to the plaque below a portrait of a young man, Nice Cloak is Xavier Wentra, and the lady in the courtyard is Emilia Wentra, probably his wife.
You ruffle through the papers on the desk. They're mostly work orders, memos and cargo shipment records from a company called Kalgena Cargo Inc. The memos grab your attention the most, a few recently dated ones discuss raids on shipments, while even more recent ones talk about neglecting to better equip the teamsters. Also, you feel like you're missing something.
But you don't have time to look for it, as you hear a bush rustle.
There isn't any wind.

Edgrick Browne:
You return to where you last had lodging, the Stained Brick. It's jam packed with miners, dirty from a hard day in the mines. Up on a small stage is your traveling companion, Alaris. She is the center of all attention, and is leading the crowd in song. You eat your supper and rent a room. As you prepare for bed, you remember that there was that scrying job, which might lead to more work... They did want you to get in contact a few days ago, but it's still worth a shot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 04, 2014, 06:57:41 pm »

((Could you have me save to respect authority? I'm not sure it's in character for me not to break through the ceiling and commence vigilantism, mostly because of mania.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 04, 2014, 07:00:20 pm »

((DC 10+intensity=13 vs Will Save: 9+4=13. You are successfully able to respect authority.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 04, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »

((But grudgingly.))

I...
*sigh*
I understand, sir.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 04, 2014, 07:09:21 pm »

"Good. Remember that you have a patrol tonight. In the meantime, I recommend that you head down to HQ and look over the incident reports for any sort of lead on the Puppeteers. Dismissed."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67